New interview posted at ValhallaGamers.com

Levelcap at 30? or even no levelcap at all?

Powergamer Galore, anyone? ^_^

What are you smiling at ?!? This is dire news... <_<

And what on earth is wrong with powergaming?

Nothing in my book. Besides, if you're roleplaying an evil sith then it would make perfect sense to be a powergamer.

Having a higher level cap doesn't necessarily mean you'll have to spend time powerlevelling to reach it. You may start the game off higher than level 10 or encounters might be tuned to give more experience than in KOTOR1. It's safe to assume that you'll level up sufficiently fast to complete the game just by sticking to the plot. If it's possible to gain a few more levels after that, bonus! It's not an obligation however.

One quote did seem a little odd to me though...

We

Well then whats the point of even having the repair skill available for your PC if you have a droid that repairs everything for you. Makes the skill a bit useless I reckon.

About having no level cap, this doesn't automatically make it a powergamers paradise. Really depends on how it's handled. I recall Planescape: Torment not having a cap and it is more focused on role-playing then most CRPGs in existance. Saying that, if there is going to be a cap, I hope I never reach it.

Exactly, level caps should be hard to reach unless you just powerlevel.

EDIT: Make it so that in KOTOR 2 you don't reach the level cap unless you try really hard. In KOTOR 1 I hit level 20 about halfway through and it sucked.

Edited by Dereth

Interestiing.  So they are adding custom Lightsaber Hilts.

Is there spiritual/mythic relationship between SW lightsabre and the wielder like Cu Chulainn's spear/Storm Bringer/Excalibur/Muramasa/Dak'kon's Zerth Blade?;) Like it changes/chooses its wielder and affects his/her destiny. As SW is Scifi-fantasy, how about exploiting the setting of fantasy bit more?

Going to explore the master-apprentice relationship eh? Interesting.

Also, there may be some similarity between apprentice and his/her mentor's hilts, which may work as a small item which work in the main plot. For I think these small things are done quite well in PS: T.

Hmm... I took the Master-apprentice thing to be a possible hint that you were Revan's apprentice prior to him going all bad. After all, he presumably had an apprentice, and I don't think that was Malak until they went all Sithy.

It could also explain your disgrace and removal from the Jedi Order, if you were thrown out for disobeying your master (say if Revan started going dark and gave some questionable orders).

I still think that this means that you take on an apprentice in the game.

At some point you have to stop being the Padawan in the game, and you are supposed to be the last Jedi in the galaxy.

Kreia sounds like another Jolee type. Left the Order years ago and takes the mentor role, but if you're character is dark then would Kreia stay with you? Would she leave or join you after being influenced by your dark side power? If Kreia is influenced by you that would hardly make her the mentor.

I think after your character reaches knighthood you will probably have the option of training your own apprentice.

I think this is the whole point of being able to sense the Force (light/dark) in recruitable characters in the game.

I think this is the whole point of being able to sense the Force (light/dark) in recruitable characters in the game.

Maybe it'll be a KOTOR1-type of situation where, instead of the Jedi sensing the Force-potential in you, you sense the Force potential in one of your NPCs.

For example (I say example because I have no idea whether or not this is true, but I'm using it to illustrate my point.) what if the PC senses that one of his/her NPCs, say, Mira, is Force-sensitive. As one of the few remaining Jedi in the galaxy, do you take it upon yourself to train her- do you guide her towards the light or dark side? Is your own behaviour changed by having an apprentice following in your footsteps?

I must say, it has some very intriguing possibilities for roleplaying- as well as replay value.

I'm not so sure you can get your own apprentice, exactly.

I think you'll get a NPC that is "up and coming in the force", so to speak, that sees you as an idol, and your actions can sway him to the LS or DS.

that and kreia is sort of your teacher

I'm not so sure you can get your own apprentice, exactly.

I think you'll get a NPC that is "up and coming in the force", so to speak, that sees you as an idol, and your actions can sway him to the LS or DS.

that and kreia is sort of your teacher

I think that follows what we've heard so far. Especially since characters will be afftected by your choices. During the Original KOTOR I thought that you could sway Juhani Back to the Dark Side especially if you get her to kill that one Twi'lek. Perhaps TSL will actually use situations/actions like that to convert your party members.

The wishful thinking part of me really hopes we get a Bona Fide apprentice. That would be the ultimate Star Wars Experience.

One thing I've been wondering about ever since I read the part about NPCs may actually leave your group based on the path you follow, is that can you replace the one that leaves with someone else? If you can just imagine the replay value.

Hmmm just think of it this way. You meet an NPC along the way and you sense the force is strong with them. So you take it upon yourself to spout Jedi Wisdom or Sith teachings their way so you can mold them in your image. He may have is own quest and he asks you for advice on what to do and based on that you can encourage him to perform an action to fall completely to the dark side or resist temptation. I'd much rather be the teacher than the apprentice ONCE again like in every other SW game that has Jedi in it.

I still think that this means that you take on an apprentice in the game.

Ditto.

Let's not forget that party members are just as powerful as you are, not much of an apprentice when your 'padawan' is the same level as you are.

A regular NPC however, maybe...

I'm not impressed.

Ofcourse not, no suprise there :blink:

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

And I am waiting to be impressed. So they are giving us a new game but with more limitations on how to play that game. Typically a sequel is to be better than the original. I haven't read anywhere that this will be the case of KotOR 2.

Hmm... I took the Master-apprentice thing to be a possible hint that you were Revan's apprentice prior to him going all bad. After all, he presumably had an apprentice, and I don't think that was Malak until they went all Sithy.

It could also explain your disgrace and removal from the Jedi Order, if you were thrown out for disobeying your master (say if Revan started going dark and gave some questionable orders).

Malak was your buddy. Revan had no apprentice but was very charismatic and had many followers when he went to fight in the Mandolarian wars. No apprentices but Im sure he had some influence on them. When Revan became a Sith Master Malak grudgingly accepted the apprentice role. It would be really dumb if Revan had an apprentice. The Jedi would not throw you out for disobeying your master. Its a title of respect you arent his slave. :p Especially if he was giving you questionable orders.

Malak was your buddy. Revan had no apprentice but was very charismatic and had many followers when he went to fight in the Mandolarian wars. No apprentices but Im sure he had some influence on them. When Revan became a Sith Master Malak grudgingly accepted the apprentice role. It would be really dumb if Revan had an apprentice. The Jedi would not throw you out for disobeying your master. Its a title of respect you arent his slave. :p Especially if he was giving you questionable orders.

Actually, if you watch (read) the opening text just after the "A Long time ago..." thing appears, it states that Malak is the last remaining apprentice of Darth Revan.

So in essense, that indicates that Revan DID have an apprentice (or unless I am misreading it, more than one).

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

When they became Dark Lords of the sith Revan was the stronger and Malak took the role of apprentice to Revan. Revan no doubt had other apprentices while being a Dark Lord but once Malak betrayed Revan, Malak probably did the wise course of having them eleminated.

When they became Dark Lords of the sith Revan was the stronger and Malak took the role of apprentice to Revan. Revan no doubt had other apprentices while being a Dark Lord but once Malak betrayed Revan, Malak probably did the wise course of having them eleminated.

Possible but Malak only had one. Both he and Revan were very busy running a gigantic fleet attempting to seize the known glaxy. Who has time to train a bunch of apprentices? Malak took Bandon after he had already been trained a bit and shown an aptitude for the Force. I assume Revan would have done the same if he needed any other apprentice than Malak. I think any apprentices Revan had would have been simply followers that he probably gave a few lessons too. But nothing in depth.