Gorth

I found this fun little sports result and didn't really see an existing thread that fit the bill exactly, it's not one of popular local sports like the US NHL or NFL (or Basketball), nor a major international sport like FIFA soccer, which all have their own threads.

Australia beat England in jousting 89-75. Come on England...

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-50284663

Jousters battle in Victoria, Australia

• Like 1
  • Gasp! 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

• 2 weeks later...

I recently got into foosball and now my big regret in life is that I didn't get in on it early enough. Could've been my ticket into the pros.

• Like 1

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

5 hours ago, Leferd said:

I recently got into foosball and now my big regret in life is that I didn't get in on it early enough. Could've been my ticket into the pros.

There is something satisfying about nailing a goal from the forwards so hard the whole table shakes :lol:

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Last years chess boxing tournament in Berlin

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

• 4 weeks later...

lfcx7ci5ey541.jpg

Very, uh, atmospheric conditions for a cricket match in Australia.

(Match abandoned with an Air Quality Index at 1100 due to bushfires- anything over 400 is considered to be extreme and potentially dangerous to health. How on earth anyone thought it was a good idea to start in those conditions I do not know)

Yeah, Sydney is burning... or at least it's closing in on the suburbs. Adelaide is feeling the smoke too.

Speaking of Australia, the 2020 underwater hockey season is about to kick off. Yes, it's a thing

https://vuhc.org.au/category/news/

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Reviving an old thread, just random sports indeed.

Need Girls Und Panzer in real life.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

In the MLS, a new CBA was negotiated last year but was never ratified. Discussions continue, with the possibility of a player lockout.

MLS Players' Association won't strike, but dispute commissioner's CBA claims

Supposedly the league lost $725 million last year due to the pandemic, and is looking at similar losses this year.

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

• 2 months later...

Yes, chasing a rolling cheese is a sport!

"The Cooper’s Hill Cheese-Rolling, in Gloucestershire, UK, is an unusual—and surprisingly dangerous annual athletic challenge."

• Hmmm 1

Any motorcycle enthusiasts around? If so, you should be familiar with "Isle of Man TT" (Tourist Trophy)

Fast, furious and deadly. 243 people killed so far (which I think makes it even deadlier than the Paris - Darkar Rally. 2018 was a particularly deadly year with 7 dead (mix of drivers and spectators)

Racing a number of laps around the Isle, through a small town, it's a very fast road race with speeds at times well beyond 320kmh / 200mph

Shame they killed spectators. Also, I approve of Within Temptation for a racing video was expecting some trashy heavy metal or techno 😛

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Introducing a Dutch sport... canal jumping

And elsewhere in Europe...

Drama in football - https://www.sbnation.com/soccer/2021/4/19/22391172/european-super-league-announcement-tearing-soccer-apart

What's really ridiculous is Spurs and Arsenal wanting to be part of this, when they are clearly going to be punching bags.   I do hope UEFA knocks them back, already saw they may ban participating players from the Euros and WC.  Would be great if they got expelled from their domestic leagues too :lol:

1 hour ago, Malcador said:

Drama in football - https://www.sbnation.com/soccer/2021/4/19/22391172/european-super-league-announcement-tearing-soccer-apart

What's really ridiculous is Spurs and Arsenal wanting to be part of this, when they are clearly going to be punching bags.   I do hope UEFA knocks them back, already saw they may ban participating players from the Euros and WC.  Would be great if they got expelled from their domestic leagues too :lol:

When the players in the participating clubs realize that they can't get a job in any club under UEFA, FIFA, the African and South American football associations (I'll shamefully admit I don't remember their names from top of my head) nor play international sides, they may consider switching to other clubs. Just as the participating clubs will get expelled from the national leagues. let's see who blinks first.

Good news for Sumo fans. 2021 season has started

20 minutes ago, Gorth said:

When the players in the participating clubs realize that they can't get a job in any club under UEFA, FIFA, the African and South American football associations (I'll shamefully admit I don't remember their names from top of my head) nor play international sides, they may consider switching to other clubs. Just as the participating clubs will get expelled from the national leagues. let's see who blinks first.

CAF and CONMEBOL.  But we'll see, they may boot the relevant clubs from European football now, which would be funny as PSG wins by default.

Norwegian NT manager had a funny analysis - "De siste årene har de blitt slått ut av Lyon, Porto og Ajax i Champions League. Hvorfor i helv**** skal de være med i en slik turnering da? Tottenham og Arsenal er per nå antagelig ikke blant de 20-30 beste lagene i Europa"