Not that I am aware of but might be a mod to adjust something like that on Nexus.  What would be your solution to indicate enemy awareness?  It makes sense that you would need to actually see your enemy to know if they are aware of you so I wouldn't want something like the open/closed eye in Skyrim.  Since it is limited to a first person view this might be the best system that fits the game as it currently is.

On 11/4/2019 at 6:41 PM, MrRocknRoll said:

The game is great am immersive for the most part. I just hate that the game tells you exactly where all the enemies are.

It feels like a red arrow killer simulator. Is there a way to turn them off?

I agree.  While I'm not a fan of the art deco and color scheme, I accept the graphics for the slightly whacky and cartoony tone they were trying to set. But the red arrows (and health meters) are the two features that feel out of place and immersion breaking. Reduces the game to a cheap arcade shooter game with every hostile NPC  encounter. Especially with those repetitious animation attack scenes for each companion's special combat skill. But at least you can turn this particular feature off. The red triangles are both disconcerting and distracting. 

Edited by VaultBoi2077

On 11/4/2019 at 9:26 PM, Ommamar said:

Not that I am aware of but might be a mod to adjust something like that on Nexus.  What would be your solution to indicate enemy awareness?  It makes sense that you would need to actually see your enemy to know if they are aware of you so I wouldn't want something like the open/closed eye in Skyrim.  Since it is limited to a first person view this might be the best system that fits the game as it currently is.

Unfortunately there aren't any mods for this let alone mods in general yet at Nexusmods. This will take time.

Now why would you the player require some sort of visual HUD element indicator of the enemy AI awareness? Filling up an awareness meter is so archaic 2007 Assassin's Creed style. Why can't you just rely upon the two obvious senses you need to play the game aka your sight and hearing?  Basically, how can you IRL tell if an animal (like a dog) is hostile towards you or not?  Their aggressive/hostile body posture more than makes up for them lacking the capacity for language. Same for humans IRL.  Both hostile humans and animals use a combination of body language and sounds/speech.  The same should be for hostile NPCs in the game. If the NPC is standing still, looks alert (either in your direction or around suspiciously),  is taking an aggressive crouch/stance or pointing a weapon in your PC's direction, then that is a GOOD indicator they're 100% cottoned on to you. And about to strike.....

I completely agree.

In this day and age all games such as this should have very in-depth customizable huds and gameplay options.

Due to this huge error on their part i must play without any hud, which, only further proves how non-customizable the options really are.

Being forced to see where enemies are at all times and their awareness levels is unbelievably ridiculous, especially, when combined with idiot hud “customization.”

Thief 4 did a very good job of getting it right in both areas.

Edited by thearmourofGod

1 hour ago, VaultBoi2077 said:

Unfortunately there aren't any mods for this let alone mods in general yet at Nexusmods. This will take time.

Now why would you the player require some sort of visual HUD element indicator of the enemy AI awareness? Filling up an awareness meter is so archaic 2007 Assassin's Creed style. Why can't you just rely upon the two obvious senses you need to play the game aka your sight and hearing?  Basically, how can you IRL tell if an animal (like a dog) is hostile towards you or not?  Their aggressive/hostile body posture more than makes up for them lacking the capacity for language. Same for humans IRL.  Both hostile humans and animals use a combination of body language and sounds/speech.  The same should be for hostile NPCs in the game. If the NPC is standing still, looks alert (either in your direction or around suspiciously),  is taking an aggressive crouch/stance or pointing a weapon in your PC's direction, then that is a GOOD indicator they're 100% cottoned on to you. And about to strike.....

You are mistaken about the mods, most are ini tweaks or reshaderes but people have been modding the game: https://www.nexusmods.com/theouterworlds?tab=popular+(30+days)

Well you would still need to be looking at the dog or human to read the body language, I have heard both maruaders, outlaws, and automechanicals make comments indicating they are hearing movement.  Which I found is a good indicator to put an object between me and them.  Can the system be improved undoubtedly I am just curious how you would improve it.

• Like 1

Yes I'm aware of the existing mods on Nexus (my home for all things TES, Fallout and KCD). But by lacking mods, I meant mods with more complexity besides the simple, primitive UI tweaks that currently exist. Something on the scale and scope of a global NPC AI overhaul mod. Or a mod the vintage of a Project Nevada for Fallout New Vegas as an example. 

4 hours ago, VaultBoi2077 said:

Yes I'm aware of the existing mods on Nexus (my home for all things TES, Fallout and KCD). But by lacking mods, I meant mods with more complexity besides the simple, primitive UI tweaks that currently exist. Something on the scale and scope of a global NPC AI overhaul mod. Or a mod the vintage of a Project Nevada for Fallout New Vegas as an example. 

I understand what your saying, I also agree with you that it will take time to get mods that fundamentally add or change the game play.  I was going of this statement " Unfortunately there aren't any mods for this let alone mods in general yet at Nexusmods" that indicated your hadn't seen that there where people interested enough to make the early mods that pop up a week or so for games like this.

I have been thinking about this, one of the factors will be how Obsidian develops this universe.  If there are DLCs I could see more interest but if a TOW 2 comes out within a year with a more developed universe then I think  people will just move on from TOW.   Microsoft's policy on the game pass might effect things as well as I understand they aren't allowing modifications of the files at all currently, so basically allows people to get a look at the game for a nominal fee.  To really get the most out of the game though I think people will be limited to Epic games for the first year at least.