[PS4] Save Data Won't Load after Update to ver. 1.01

I bought the game at launch, and for the first few days that I was playing it, my ps4 was not connected to the internet. When I finally connected to the internet, I updated the game to ver. 1.01. But when I tried to load my manual save game or any of the autosaves after the update, I got the error code E-B51D0002. I looked this error code up on Playstation's support site, but I couldn't find it anywhere. The only save that would load was a system save from when you first leave the Emerald Vale.

I tried reinstalling the game and launching it on ver. 1.00, but when I tried to load my saves, nothing would happen. No error would appear, the game would just stay at the main menu. When I tried to load the system save, I would get an error and a prompt to update the game to the latest version in order to fix the error.

Would appreciate any help with this, I'd logged about 20 hours into the game and I'd rather not have to start all over 😕

• Like 1

Hey RoeMcTuesday,

I'm sorry for the saving issue you have run into. We have our development team looking into it and hope to have a fix for it shortly. In the meantime, to expedite your request, you can send an e-mail to our publisher, Private Division at support@privatedivision.com. This will get your issue into their queue and allow us to prioritize requests to ensure the fastest possible turn around time.

We apologize again and thank you for your patience while we work to resolve the issue.

• 1 month later...

Absolutely infuriating. My PS4 just barely started to prepare the 1.01 update before I cancelled it. Because my cellphone hotspot doesn't provide enough data for me to download it. And now I CANT PLAY THE F***ING GAME I PAYED FOR!!! Game was pretty good until whatever the hell this is happened. Never in my life of console gameing has something like this happened. Sure I can load an older save. Sure and can start a new game. UNTIL IT DOES IT AGAIN!!! fix your bull**it game Obsidian. Or don't cause this is the last crap I EVER buy from you. 

I'm 44 years old and I've seen all sorts of glitches and bugs, I really like this game ALOT. But not being able to load up my save files on my ps4 once I get close to the end sucks. This is great game but for a bug like this, there really is no excuse for this. I really hope this gets fixed. Maybe once a game of the year edition gets released it can be fixed.

On 12/30/2019 at 1:35 AM, Jcox said:

I'm 44 years old and I've seen all sorts of glitches and bugs, I really like this game ALOT. But not being able to load up my save files on my ps4 once I get close to the end sucks. This is great game but for a bug like this, there really is no excuse for this. I really hope this gets fixed. Maybe once a game of the year edition gets released it can be fixed.

Same problem here and it's infuriating.

I uninstalled and reinstalled which either once but I can't do that everytime.

This fix needs to be priority #1

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

same issue here. just installed patch v.1.3 and now i get the error code instead of the frozen screen. this is a 2 month old problem and still no fix? why? uninstalled app, reinstalled, and back to frozen screen. still cannot load saves. tried all suggestions around forums (clear cache, disable internet for ps4, etc) to no avail.

2d 10h in, so will not be starting over, especially since there's no guarantee that it won't happen again. infuriating for sure. this is a broken game. how unfortunate, as a big Fallout fan, i very much liked this game.

Saw that loading screen after loading a very old save, then trying to load a recent save. Got the error code, and then that. This is after the most recent patch (v.1.03). Does it mean something? Are they on it and a fix is coming? Or coincidence? 

Edited by squillaempusa

Obviously we are not getting any response on this

2 hours ago, Jcox said:

Obviously we are not getting any response on this

I got one from Private Division yesterday (Saturday). Said basically we're screwed. He told me that our files were corrupted some how. Not sure if that makes sense though, because wouldn't a corrupt file be a different size than a good one? My bad/lost save files were the same exact size as my old usable save file, like 9.3mb. 

Edited by squillaempusa

Here's the email... 

Hello Squillaempusa,

Thanks for writing in and I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing some technical issues with your save file.

Sadly, based on your description, it's likely that your save file has become corrupted and that you will need to load an earlier save file or start over. In order to find out what may have caused this corruption, could you please send us the following information:

1. What is your console's model?
2. Do you own a physical or digital copy of The Outer Worlds?
3. Was the game installed on your console's hard drive or an external drive?
4. Was the game updated right before these save files became corrupted?
5. Could you tell us a bit more about the state of your save file before the corruption? What area were you in? What quest were you working on? Which companions were with you? Anything else that you think might help?

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Kind regards, 

Andrei

Private Division Support

Hey everyone,

The team is still looking into this issue, but are unable to reproduce the issue on their PlayStations.  If any of you are able to obtain one of your affected save files and send them to us at support@obsidian.net, that would be extremely helpful.  If needed, instructions on how to transfer the save data to a USB device so it can be put onto a computer can be found here.  We would need two files that would look like these (but possibly different numbers: "TheOuterWorlds0006" and "TheOuterWorlds0006.bin"

Thank you all for your help and patience with this issue.

• 4 weeks later...

Same problem here.  This topic started in November and its now February.  Any chance this will be fixed soon or do we all start demanding our money back?

Or do we just never buy anything offered by the Obsidian brand ever again?

Having to start again after 80% completion is not an option.

• 1 month later...

i have this problem aswell and i need a solution ASAP please. its happened to me on 3 different characters and its always around the same spot for me the city and the stars mission please fix this i dont want to make a 4th character and its always the same problem for all 3 

• 3 weeks later...

There are hundreds of posts about this, but there doesn't seem to be any working solutions. I'm done with this game since I can't finish it. Consider it resold and I don't plan on buying Obsidian games again. I'm not gonna buy games I can't play. Maybe we need to stop using used game shops and ensure return policies from any store we buy them from. Game quality these days are terrible.

Have you sent your problem saves to Obsidian support as Schin requested? 

On 1/8/2020 at 4:21 PM, SChin said:

Hey everyone,

The team is still looking into this issue, but are unable to reproduce the issue on their PlayStations.  If any of you are able to obtain one of your affected save files and send them to us at support@obsidian.net, that would be extremely helpful.  If needed, instructions on how to transfer the save data to a USB device so it can be put onto a computer can be found here.  We would need two files that would look like these (but possibly different numbers: "TheOuterWorlds0006" and "TheOuterWorlds0006.bin"

Thank you all for your help and patience with this issue.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man