I am visually impaired and, much as I love FPS games, I struggle a little these days.  This game sounds great, and I would really love to play it but I'm worried that I won't be able to.

My main problem is seeing where the enemies are, and then trying to find where the hell my crosshair is and then get the two things in the same place before I'm dead.  (I have really bad tunnel vision as well as various other issues)

Can anyone tell me if this game has an auto-aim option?  Because this would probably be enough for me to buy it.  Or alternatively an option to make the crosshair really big and obvious?   Almost all crosshairs in games are little dots which are horrible for me if I'm required to see them.

If there is no option, are there any plans to add one?

I know some people don't like auto-aim, but it's an essential option for me.  In fact, any information about any accessibility options would be helpful.

I've really enjoyed obsidian games in the past, and love the sound of this.

I think you would have a frustrating time with the combat in this game.  One option would to just use melee as that is less aiming intensive although aiming does help its effectiveness.  Best advice I could offer would be to try it on someone else's copy before you put money towards it.  To answer your question no auto aim and their version of bullet time/vats is quite interactive.

To get the story there are several streams on twitch and Youtube where you can watch others play through the game.

• Thanks 1

Thanks -  think I will have to give it a miss in that case unless Obsidian release some kind of patch for it.  Pity as the vats system in fallout is perfect for me.  I can see why they didn't use the exact system, and for most people I'm sure it's better this way, but an option to give a bit of assistance would have been nice.

You might to be able to get by if you rely heavily on your companion characters to take care of the combat.  You can invest your skill points to buff your companions, so that sort of build is probably viable.  The only problem might be getting through the tutorial area without a companion, but that is a relatively small segment of the game.  

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DozingDragon said:

You might to be able to get by if you rely heavily on your companion characters to take care of the combat.  You can invest your skill points to buff your companions, so that sort of build is probably viable.  The only problem might be getting through the tutorial area without a companion, but that is a relatively small segment of the game.  

That is an idea I would definitely go with story or at least normal difficulty as it takes a little bit to get companions then to get your skills invested to make them decent enough to handle combat on their own.

Some of the targeting reticles are larger than others, but I don't know of a way to make them larger. That said, while there isn't auto aim, there is the Tactical Time Dilation ability that slows time greatly and gives you the ability to look at targets without using very much of the ability at all. You've also got the ability to hear enemies, and their location and statuses are denoted with UI elements (an arrow above enemies when they haven't noticed you that fills and turns red and then becomes a larger ! icon when you're in combat) so you can see the enemies a little easier.

You might check back at a later time, a number of the people want the text to be larger and it's not implausible that the easiest way to do that would also scale up other UI elements...

Thanks for all the suggestions..  I'm still in two minds about it.  Think I'll wait for a bit and see if anything changes.

Story mode may work.  I've heard it's not supposed to be a particularly hard game, so maybe it would be possible.

Sneaking rarely works well for me as I usually see enemies much, much later than they see me.    But having decent companions may help.   I'm quite happy to take the ego hit and play on story mode if need be.

Anyway, appreciate all the friendly feedback!

Also bear in mind you can build your character as a leader to boost your party and speech skills do actually come into play during fights. There is also an ability to slow down time. 

I second the use of melee. You can rush in and whack away and at lower difficulty that may work out pretty well. Especially with the right kind of damage. 

I don't think sneaking and sniping is going to work if you have trouble spotting enemies in the scenery. It is very colourful and saturated so that may make things a bit more difficult. If I were you I'd look at a let's play online showing the beginning of the game to get a better idea of how it plays like and if it looks like it can be enjoyable to you. 

Lastly I haven't checked mods for the game but it may be worth looking over at the Nexus if there is any mod that can be used to tailor the difficulty of the game even further (or even post there to ask for modders if they think that is something that can be done). 

While there's little to no aim-assist, the Dot crosshair/reticle will turn from white to red when you are over the target.

You do get to have up to 2 Companions as well to help with fighting mobs. Alternatively you can rely on AoE weapons like he Flamethrower, Grenade Launcher,

or Up close weapons like Melee ones or Shotguns.

There IS a type of aim assist which I personally ally find annoying sometimes, especially if you're try and ng to aim at a barrel thata right next to an enemy

but if your reticle is close enough to an enemy itll follow it if it's a gun. or at least a long gun

and you can always send your companions ahead of you or in areas so as to get enemies to attack them (and also see where enemies are)

slowing of time goes down real slow if you're not shooting or moving so it can give you time to think

I say up all your skills in companion related things, put their perks o

so that enemies focus on them

Find AoE guns 

Send companions out ahead of you to draw out enemies

and story mode, which no one should jab at you for. If you have a disability and that's what helps you play a game, only **** are going to say something about it

Now the words are really small though, so if you have a magnify glass on your phone or something you can zoom in

I did that in the beginning but now I just deal with it. My vision blurs

I have noticed some aim assist late into the game but it is not that helpful, at least for the way I am playing with mostly a shotgun. Metroid Prime did fully automatic aim all the way back in 2001? 2002? And it still had some challenge and was a decent game. Combine that with the character's skill to determine hits, and allow target selection (and other commands) either with time dilation or pausing. If only.

Anyways, I think relying on your companions and investing in skills and equipment for them is your best bet. And making sure your own character can take a punishing and can quickly inhale some Adreno or other health regenerating consumables.