The size of the font in the UI is extremely small and renders the game unplayable on PS4. After 2 hours of squinting and frustration, I had to give up playing and am now hoping for a patch that allows an increase to the text size. Does Obsidian have any plans to address this issue or will it stay this way? The game looks amazing and I'm a huge fan of Obsidian, really hoping I get to enjoy this game soon. Any information you can provide on this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, smalltextproblem said:

The size of the font in the UI is extremely small and renders the game unplayable on PS4. After 2 hours of squinting and frustration, I had to give up playing and am now hoping for a patch that allows an increase to the text size. Does Obsidian have any plans to address this issue or will it stay this way? The game looks amazing and I'm a huge fan of Obsidian, really hoping I get to enjoy this game soon. Any information you can provide on this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

My wife plays on the Xbox and that was one of the first things that she said as well.

I have a 55 inch TV in the lounge and sit 12 feet (4 meters) from it. I wear glasses. Every time there are words showing, I have to get up and take a couple of steps towards the screen.

Same in my bedroom. There, I have a 43 inch TV and am the same distance away. Getting out of bed multiple times just kills this game for me. Most disappointed. I can only hope a patch is put out enabling us to adjust the font size to suit us.

There is a thread a moderator linked that listed thing Obsidian was tracking to adjust in the future text size was one of them.  I play on PC but I could see this being an issue for someone playing on a console using a TV placed across a room.

Fine on my PC @ 4k. 

It's very well known that I don't make mistakes, so if you should stumble across the odd error here and there in what I have written, you may immediately deduce--quite correctly--that I did not write it... :biggrin:

3 hours ago, Ommamar said:

There is a thread a moderator linked that listed thing Obsidian was tracking to adjust in the future text size was one of them.  I play on PC but I could see this being an issue for someone playing on a console using a TV placed across a room.

I am playing on the Xbox One X. I have now found the thread you mention, thank you for that. As requested by the  Moderator in that thread, I am emailing my problem to support@privatedivision.com

Out of interest, what text is shown on screen that you can't read?  Is this the menus, objectives etc?

My eyes are awful, so I struggle normally.  I'm quite used to missing pretty much every notification and tutorial message in every game.

Does enabling PS4 zoom (PS button + square if turned on in accessibilty) help?  I use it all the time.

It is one of the points mentioned in the Common Issues and Suggestions thread:

I suggest bringing technical concerns there where they are more likely to be seen by Obs QA.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Agreed, i am playing on PS4 pro with a 4K 50" TV and sometime i really have difficulty to read the text... Please fix.

Pillars of Eternity PS4 - RPG fan - Native language French, so please forgive my poor English speaking ...