(Spoiler) End Game Boss (Siding with Phineas)

After mowing down every enemy in the game (on normal difficulty), I'm a bit disappointed that Obsidian chose to make the end boss (RAM, when siding with Phineas) ridiculously OP.  It's fine to make bosses difficult - that's why they're bosses, but RAM has 16 times the health of other end game enemies and special abilities that make defeating him tedious rather than fun.

Edit:  After a respec, some equipment mods, and a careful selection of companion behaviors and gear, RAM is a pushover.

Edited by SmilesALot
New Information

• 2 weeks later...

Are you talking about the giant robot?  I don't know its name.  But you have to defeat it before going in to confront Rockwell.  I was a straight 1h melee build so I merced that robot really, really fast.  Thanks to using time dilation.

I just started a new playthrough with a handgun build and I'm finding the game a bit more challenging.  I'm starting to think melee is OP.  So,  your difficulties might depend on your build.

On 11/2/2019 at 12:20 PM, SmilesALot said:

After mowing down every enemy in the game (on normal difficulty), I'm a bit disappointed that Obsidian chose to make the end boss (RAM, when siding with Phineas) ridiculously OP.  It's fine to make bosses difficult - that's why they're bosses, but RAM has 16 times the health of other end game enemies and special abilities that make defeating him tedious rather than fun.

Edit:  After a respec, some equipment mods, and a careful selection of companion behaviors and gear, RAM is a pushover.

I just went to panel, hacked it shut RAM down. No fight. That was a final boss?? LOL! Can't be.

Died on the first two attempts. Then let my companions chip away at RAM while I took out the adds. By the time I was done, my companions were down but RAM was nearly dead, so all I had to do was finish it off.

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

Honestly, the only thing I wish the devs did was add an autosave after the conversation you have with Rockwell (I killed Akanda due to not killing Edgewater) because I got more aggravated with doing the 3-lift run than anything, since the last autosave was the final new load-zone new-map door.

I was on Supernova so I had to rely on that autosave every single time I died and tried. It took 5 RAM fights, then 2 deaths when running there since I hit Iconocasts on accident (rushing through, which I stopped doing) and my disguise failed when a guard didn't talk to me soon enough while I wasn't paying attention.

I cheesed the RAM fight anyways, stayed inside the entry door. It worked best while doing a science build - no points in melee or guns whatsoever the entire run. I accidentally did a science run.