Use of companion skills

Hi,

I would like to know if it is possible to use lockpicking skill of my companions?

I didnt put a single point in to stealth skill thinking that I simply pick up on the road some rogue type companion and be good with it.

The result is that my "roguish" companion has twice as much skill points in lockping then me, but it doesnt seems to be for any use to me. Meaning I cant unlock basically anything I encounter.

Companions skills only add to your skills, they are similar to how equipment buffs work that raise your skill but won't unlock the tier bonuses.  To my knowledge you can't point them at something like a locked container and have them pick it for you.  A odd decision to make in my opinion but so far the only thing you lose out of it loot as I have found several different ways to get into locked areas.

13 hours ago, SUBGAMER said:

Hi,

I would like to know if it is possible to use lockpicking skill of my companions?

I didnt put a single point in to stealth skill thinking that I simply pick up on the road some rogue type companion and be good with it.

The result is that my "roguish" companion has twice as much skill points in lockping then me, but it doesnt seems to be for any use to me. Meaning I cant unlock basically anything I encounter.

I did the same thing as I have in games like Wasteland 2 which is the same as your way of thinking.

• 3 weeks later...