Official NWN2 website ?

Kyoku

Whats the timetable for the website around these boards ? Any date for something more than that placeholder ? Just wondering. (Btw, I did use the search option, didn't find it). It's just that if you put some stuff online that will settle people down on certain subjects (cloaks, mouts, yadayada) that the boards won't get flooded with the same things all over again.

sig_nwn2_2.jpg

Winter 2006 is way too late in my opinion because unlike other titles NWN 2 has been already announced and therefore a lot of people will follow its development.

While there is few to show at the moment things are likely to change once core development starts and information might be released more freely.

The official site is http://www.atari.com/nwn2, this is the official community!

NWN 2 will be realized in 2006-2007 so the official site will be done later (winter 2005-2006).

PS This is only my opinion!

PPS Am I wrong? :rolleyes:

Well, bioware developed NWN for Atari, and they made their own site for NWN.

I am not sure Atari had a NWN website, though they probably did.

It is very possible that Obsidian will basically control the Atari NWN2 website...

But I don't generally like the websites at Atari.com... Just look at the Demon Stone site... It is VERY lacking in even basic information other than screenshots and videos.

Whats the timetable for the website around these boards ? Any date for something more than that placeholder ? Just wondering. (Btw, I did use the search option, didn't find it). It's just that if you put some stuff online that will settle people down on certain subjects (cloaks, mouts, yadayada) that the boards won't get flooded with the same things all over again.

While not official, if your looking for info theres are 2 stickied FAQ in the general forum.

also my NWN2 News site has daily updates with compiled dev postings, interviews and the like.

Hope this helps until a more perm solution is made. Also keep in mind the project is VERY early. There wouldnt be a lot of content for the devs to put up even if they had a 'full' site. If I recall bios site didnt go live until close to release.

Admin of World of Darkness Online News

News/Community site for the WoD MMORPG

http://www.wodonlinenews.net

---

Jericho sassed me so I broke into his house and stabbed him to death in his sleep. Problem solved. - J.E. Sawyer

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

---

Expecting "innovation" from Bioware is like expecting "normality" from Valve -Moatilliatta

While not official, if your looking for info theres are 2 stickied FAQ in the general forum.

also my NWN2 News site has daily updates with compiled dev postings, interviews and the like.

Hope this helps until a more perm solution is made. Also keep in mind the project is VERY early. There wouldnt be a lot of content for the devs to put up even if they had a 'full' site. If I recall bios site didnt go live until close to release.

I don't thing you recall right ... quite sure it was quite a bit before the game got released, although not much content. Depends on what you call close though, they were busy for years, site wasn't online that early but ... the earlier ya start, the easier later on perhaps ... or not. Darn, can't wait ... why is it still 2004 ;)

sig_nwn2_2.jpg

I still remember the NWN 1's first website, it contine only a few images of the game.

I might be forgetful about the dates, but it must have been 1999 for the first images, since then, due to the changes with Bioware's own website and interplay, there has been 2 different community websites, the second one is what we see today.

If I remember the dates right, the site was up 3 years before the actual game release, even they might not have been the most polished one.

I don't thing you recall right ... quite sure it was quite a bit before the game got released, although not much content. Depends on what you call close though, they were busy for years, site wasn't online that early but ... the earlier ya start, the easier later on perhaps ... or not. Darn, can't wait ... why is it still 2004 :blink:

Going by memory so certainly I may be wrong. :lol:

The 'site' on interplay consisted of nothing more then msg forums, its then they went 'solo' and ended with atari did they host their own site (current one) and that was a few months before release I beleive.

Either way, IMO, until more info gets posted, released I dont really see a need for a full blown site just yet.

Admin of World of Darkness Online News

News/Community site for the WoD MMORPG

http://www.wodonlinenews.net

---

Jericho sassed me so I broke into his house and stabbed him to death in his sleep. Problem solved. - J.E. Sawyer

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

---

Expecting "innovation" from Bioware is like expecting "normality" from Valve -Moatilliatta

Well i expect it will come out 3 or more months before it comes out. But i don't know the publisher so they might make one earlier.

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf