Why no official guide book?

Unless I'm missing something, why isn't there an official guide book for TOW available?

I know there are lots of online guides and all, but I always liked the TES and Fallout guide books. Also if they have a small concept art section :)

Seems like a missed opportunity to me.

Edited by Lord Grievous
Spelling

There are not many of us left who like physical books and take the time to learn about things in the game whilst playing and to ready ourselves for the journey ahead. 
The Snowflakes would moan at how they have to read a book to be able to learn it and want instant gratification not Lore. We’re a dying bred, unfortunately. And because it’s tied in with Microsoft it might not be allowed. Frost Punk did one but it was Unofficial. Wiki is all we got. 

Lack of budget, time and manpower resources to put together a guide of masterpiece quality level that is the Red Dead Redemption 2 guide (Collector's edition).

Also what Voronja said. It's unfortunately a sign of the times in the Digital Age. Publishers and devs alike aren't keen on wasting resources towards this subjective game deliverable. When it could be better spent in bug fixes, improving game mechanics and game play features. And the fact the new and younger gaming generation (social media addicts who were born after the creation of Google) are impatient gamers. They don't care to read blocks of text (which is what a game manual consists of) when they can readily access the solution to their issue by Googling, posting in forums like this, or elsewhere on the web.

Besides using audiovisual media outlets the likes of Youtube and Twitch have pretty much obsoleted the need for gaming devs & publishers to release game manuals anymore. YT vlogger playthroughs, reviews, etc. on how to play the game are far more accurate, entertaining, and cheaper method for both gamers and devs/publishers alike.

Couldn't be that difficult. Just hire a company like prima game guides to write it for you.

I know most people look things up on wikis. But just like some people prefer to pay a little extra on deluxe steelbook editions, some like to pay extra for a nice guide.

Especially if it has some nice concept art and making of the game material as well :)

Edited by Lord Grievous

• 2 years later...

It's a pity that few people write guidebooks these days. With nostalgia, I remember how in my childhood I played the Sonic game on Sega based on the book. It was something incredible, a kind of lamp atmosphere. It's a pity that those times will not return. The world is entering the era of artificial intelligence

• Like 1

• 2 months later...