21 hours ago, Wormerine said:

Bias? Against what?

I was referring to your, "Disliked Bethesda games before it was cool" comment, which negates your argument against them. And I'll have to disagree with the "do one well" because the reality is that it's not just a preference for those who have something against first-person perspective. As I mentioned above, I had to disable most of the post-processing effects for it to even playable and even then, I can only play it for an hour or so at a time, due to the strain it causes. But hopefully, as you alluded to, we might see it in a sequel, especially given the success of TOW.

1 hour ago, StormFX said:

I was referring to your, "Disliked Bethesda games before it was cool" comment, which negates your argument against them.

Intention was the quite opposite. Wanted to point out that my opinion about Skyrim comes from genuine place, and isn't influenced by backlash to Fallout76.

I do understand the some people are affected by FPS, in a way I am not, and I hope Obs will be able to accomodate those players, if not in this release, then in the next one. 

Well we spent more or less than 30 mins to create our character for these games and love to see the player move in 3rd person camera prospect. Fallout and TES has the option of both 1st and 3rd person camera and recently RDR2 also have the same option.  

I know that THE OUTER WORLDS is a low budget game so the production cost might exceeds the allocated budget but now Obsidian is owned by Micro$oft so we hope that the next iteration of the game is a true AAA RPG game.   

On 11/2/2019 at 7:05 AM, Ethics Gradient said:

While you can view your character model via the idle animation or using the dev console mod to enable the free cam, your player still doesn't have the animations it needs to move about the game.  I'm not saying this because I hate 3rd person modes, it is just information that the devs have told me and others when asked.

Third person, by offsetting the camera behind the player, would more or less look like the below video.  For it to be an official feature, the character would need new animations, and levels would have to be QA'd to ensure things still work then the viewport is no longer at a predictable height/angle.  It's just not something that the devs can flip on in its present state, and have further stated that it is a feature they do not intend to implement in this game.

Thank you for you information!

I guess this will be the best cure of my motion sickness.

Will try this later.

9 hours ago, Zafar1981 said:

Well we spent more or less than 30 mins to create our character for these games and love to see the player move in 3rd person camera prospect. Fallout and TES has the option of both 1st and 3rd person camera and recently RDR2 also have the same option.  

I know that THE OUTER WORLDS is a low budget game so the production cost might exceeds the allocated budget but now Obsidian is owned by Micro$oft so we hope that the next iteration of the game is a true AAA RPG game.   

And look how totally unplayable RDR2 was in FPS. It was like playing a FPS on PS1 with the original dpad controller. 

Accounting for both makes both or 1 mode horrible to play. 

• Thanks 1

Mikey Dowling has been doing a bit of Q&A in Discord this morning.  Interpret it how you will, but it appears the issue has been decided with some measure of finality.

MikeyDowling (DoC)
Q: Can we get third-person in the next update please?
A: There will not be a third-person camera implemented for The Outer Worlds, apologies for any inconveniences this may cause.

Even if it isn't great for combat, as in TES and FO, it would add so much to be able to walk around out of combat while seeing your character. That's what I always do in those two aforementioned series; explore in TPS, fight in FPS. Hopefully a mod will come along.

I never felt the need to use third person view in FO and TES because the game frequently showed my character doing cool stuff via killcams. That's what's missing to me.

You can't do that in this game because of the camera focus on companion abilities. To have both would be too much. The encounters right now are so easy that most of the time in them is spent watching companion abilities.

My guess is that companion abilities was a cost saving measure since it's cheaper to animate six different weapon animations instead of however many different weapons are in game. If this game has a sequel with a higher budget my guess is they'll abandon cinematic companion abilities and add killcams for the protagonist. That would be far preferable of course since we can already benefit from playing dress up with our companions.