An Irc Channel

JohnPnP

This whole forum is getting repetitive. Given enough time, the 'big posters' find their way into all the big threads and turn it around into an insult match. If I didn't know any better, I would swear they were working together to hijack everything and make it into a flamefest.

You're looking too deep into this, Tayl.

Exitium

RPG Codex - the premier avant garde gaming news site.

"It is more convenient to follow one's conscience than one's intelligence, for at every failure, conscience finds an excuse and an encouragement in itself. That is why there are so many conscientious and so few intelligent people." - Nietzsche

You mean you are trollin' as you go. If you want to read smart, intelligent posts; why don't YOU write smart intelligent posts. :)

P.S. I'm just callin' it as I see it as well... More than one can play that game. :)

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Actually Tayl is correct, there is a plan. From what I've read on the DAC and RPGCodex forums, certain people are competing with each other to have the highest post count in the forum, as well as seeing how long they can flame and insult before they get banned. It's not too hard to work out who, if you just think to yourself, 'which people would do things like this', then you'll work out, well, who is doing it.

Actually Tayl is correct, there is a plan. From what I've read on the DAC and RPGCodex forums, certain people are competing with each other to have the highest post count in the forum, as well as seeing how long they can flame and insult before they get banned. It's not too hard to work out who, if you just think to yourself, 'which people would do things like this', then you'll work out, well, who is doing it.

Can you link me to the offending threads? I wasn't aware of any of this, especially not at the Codex.

Exitium

"It is more convenient to follow one's conscience than one's intelligence, for at every failure, conscience finds an excuse and an encouragement in itself. That is why there are so many conscientious and so few intelligent people." - Nietzsche

Can you link me to the offending threads? I wasn't aware of any of this, especially not at the Codex.

http://www.duckandcover.net/forums/viewtop...ccca79080d2aac7

"meh. I'm mostly spamming, they seem to take pride in there post-count on other forums so fight fire with more fire or something.

Cheers.

edit: I'm pretty pwning those boards. 100 posts in under a day, number 1 poster. Pity there's not much conversation, but it's allowing me to HOME MY TALENTS as a ****. Seems to be trickling into other forums where I've calmed down though so watch out or I'll rip your nipples off."

http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/viewtopic...er=asc&start=20

"I'll lose intrest probably within a week, so long as I try and out-post rex I should stay near the top. I think he's trying to get the top spot too, so fun is had by all. Or just me and him."

Can't find any in RPGCodex at the moment, I remember reading a thread with a lot of people saying how they were going to mention SLAM DUNK a lot and stuff to see if they got banned.

I've looked at both of the Obsidian-related threads at the Codex and found nothing to substantiate your claim. See for yourself:

http://www.rpgcodex.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=3550

http://www.rpgcodex.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=3551

I would advise against making baseless accusations.

edit: As for the posts I'm making - I have absolutely no intention of retaining 'top spot' nor had I any intention to attain such a position in the first place.

Exitium

Just as well, it should be pointed out that Megatron seems to be the only perpetrator of this so-called 'post count' race so I hardly think it's reasonable to accuse everyone else on those forums of participating in this 'event'.

Nobody else is doing it, so there's absolutely no evidence of competition whatsoever. The certain 'people' you refer to would be more correctly address as 'Megatron' who is [ONE] person, and not any certain, unspecified number of people.

Exitium

True, it was just Megatron, and I withdraw the accusation. I found the other thread I was thinking about, it was the first page of the DAC one but it was done before the forums were opened and I read it in the wrong way.

All I have to deal with at the moment is POOPERSCOOPER trying to send me his favourite images (and failing most of the time), and Llamagod trying to start another insult throwing contest. You can try, if you like, but I'm sure you'll get bored eventually.

I think this is a great idea and perhaps Obsidian might consider this as an option. Though, if they do, I would assume it would not occur until Project X gets officially announced.

Note: Let's keep to the topic @ hand please.

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

I think this is a great idea and perhaps Obsidian might consider this as an option.  Though, if they do, I would assume it would not occur until Project X gets officially announced.

Note: Let's keep to the topic @ hand please.

How'd you get made moderator all of a sudden?!

EDIT: question answered in PM. There's no way to delete a post though?

How'd you get made moderator all of a sudden?!

EDIT: question answered in PM. There's no way to delete a post though?

The real question is why was he made a mod after the poor mod performance at BIS/Int.

Let's keep the T&A in FanTAsy

***Posting delayed, user on moderator review***

Why Bio Why?

and also when did I insult the intelligence of someone here?

By showing up.

Perhaps we could take the ... issues to PM ... or I'll have to get out my evil and poor mod pad and start feeding the conspiracy theories ... ;)

Subtle - eh?

FLoSD.ObE

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon: