I have been offered 2 flaws so far that I have denied , those were in the early days of not knowing what to expect and the hit seemed to much for one perk choice.

I got to level 11 (playing on hard, not having my mates permadeath on me) and there was no real threat anymore so I have taken every flaw I have been offered so I can make the game more challenging. I have accepted two so far, plasma damage hit of 25% and fall damage (which I cannot remember the hit for.. perception I think) and am now taking damage from everything (not dying though, running away before I take to much damage) so i get offered more flaws!

I say, take all flaws and make it interesting!

anyone else doing this?

and don't forget, it's not your choice, it's spacer's choice.

Looking forward to a difficulty spike in end game times to test my gaming though!

1 minute ago, Clawdius_Talonious said:

I'm not entirely sure this style is for me, personally. I would enjoy seeing SAM and screaming like a terrified school child, but I wouldn't really be able to like the fact that Robophobia kept me from using the "tank and spank"iest companion in Supernova.

Thanks for the heads up.

I always read the descriptions first and if it is too prohibitive (like losing the ability to have SAM as a companion) then it will be denied..

but, any hit to stats, I will take.

Don't know how many there are and in what variety's but am going to have fun finding out haha  

14 minutes ago, Mayan fury said:

Thanks for the heads up.

I always read the descriptions first and if it is too prohibitive (like losing the ability to have SAM as a companion) then it will be denied..

but, any hit to stats, I will take.

Don't know how many there are and in what variety's but am going to have fun finding out haha  

I took most of the flaws on my first run, which was also on supernova. Honestly, they make very little difference to the actual combat and you basically get free skill points. I skipped one or two of the more horrible ones like permanent crippling, where you have your movement speed reduced by 30% or something and can't dodge any more. 

The phobia ones and the resistance ones are a sure bet though. 25% extra damage from some sources isn't particularly noticeable. Especially when in supernova your best tactic is to kill the enemies before they can shoot at you. The phobias are even less noticeable and I don't think they weaken shots from stealth or anything either. 

• Like 1

I haven't tried this yet but I will get to the torturing point soon I am sure.  My first thought is supernova play through with no leveling both with and without companions (from what I have heard so far the no companions might be less frustrating) but the addition of taking flaws could add to it.  Can you take a flaw without taking the perk as I know taking a flaw automatically pops the perk screen up?

The disadvantages of flaws are so enormous and their upside so tiny that I rejected every single one on Supernova. Except +25% shock damage, which I also came to regret later when corp troopers with ghostbuster guns were melting my 3k HP like it was butter. Was playing a strictly melee character.

Most of the good perks are in the first tier anyway. Tiers 2 and 3 might have two good perks each. No reason to collect more perk points.

Edited by mazeltov

Exoduss, on 14 Apr 2015 - 11:11 AM, said: 

also secret about hardmode with 6 man party is :  its a faceroll most of the fights you will Auto Attack mobs while lighting your spliff