Bug Nyoka Main quest / radio free monarch

On 11/12/2019 at 2:27 PM, 213374U said:

It's just that this subforum is mostly for user self-help. The forums have never been a proper bug reporting venue for Obs games. The format just isn't suited for that.

You're welcome to keep posting about any issues you encounter, however. Just bear in mind that the forum's subtitle clearly reads "This forum is for players to assist each other with technical questions." In general, don't expect devs to react to specific posts here.

Well please provide an avenue of support then, as every time you try to find some way of reporting bugs it indicates to come here!

i have emailed directly and got no response. I really enjoyed playing this game until it broke, I cannot continue playing the game, do you understand?

The fact there has been no updates for this game since launch is telling, either you are refusing to acknowledge the bugs as you promised a bug free game on launch or it’s just plain ignorance.

Apologies for being abrupt, but the frustration of a lack of support from a fresh game is tiring. It’s a simple fix and one that would help a great number of players to continue playing this game.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Radzta said:

Well please provide an avenue of support then, as every time you try to find some way of reporting bugs it indicates to come here!

i have emailed directly and got no response. I really enjoyed playing this game until it broke, I cannot continue playing the game, do you understand?

The fact there has been no updates for this game since launch is telling, either you are refusing to acknowledge the bugs as you promised a bug free game on launch or it’s just plain ignorance.

Apologies for being abrupt, but the frustration of a lack of support from a fresh game is tiring. It’s a simple fix and one that would help a great number of players to continue playing this game.

I am not refusing to acknowledge anything. I was simply trying to explain to you that, in general, this subforum is not a place where you should expect direct help from tech staff -- not that you shouldn't post bug reports. There is a post by an Obs dev in this very thread acknowledging the issue on October 29th. If there's a bug with the quest, it's likely that the only thing that will help is waiting for a patch (which, as of the time of writing this, has been stated to be planned to drop on the 18th). Sorry you're having trouble.

Moderators are not Obsidian employees, mind.

• Like 1

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

This Game has been out for too long and way too many people have complained about this bug for it not to be fixed. I just Bought this game for $90 Canadian. so for almost $100 this game breaking bug is unacceptable.  Why hasn't this been patched yet? and why is it there in the first place. Am i Going to have to return this game? because it's a great game and it would be quite the shame to have to return it over something so stupid. Fix her God-Damn Dialogue so I can start this god damn quest. and not completely miss out on the story and a companion. because I don't want to even continue now. for almost $100 this is BS. PLEASE HURRY UP AND REPLY TO SOMEONE. TELL US YOU"RE FIXING IT. DO SOMETHING.
Seeing your lack of effort to even acknowledge this is pissing me off so much and making me question my belief in obsidian. cause I believe in your company. please keep me a believer.

Spoiler

My only fix is to Kill her and take the Journal.... Go to another planet sleep for 12 hours like 10 times and the town aggro should be gone. best to do this Solo,(Lone Wolf Style as to not have your companions start shooting guards and others. making it very hard if not impossible to lose stellar bay aggro. 

Edited by Devin .R
not A SPOILER

After my Xbox Game Pass version of the game updated today the quest is now fixed. I was able to give the Caffeine pills to Nyoka and recruit her as my companion. 🙂 Thank you for fixing the issue Obsidian!1341809147_TOWUpdate.PNG.725c2832f803a9e58c23fb18eb29c93b.PNG

Edited by Wewex007

Thank you Obsidian very much for Fixing this quest. i just started my 2nd play-through and got Nyoka on my Team. the quest worked fine. and I noticed the dialogue choice changes. thank you again. The game Is amazing and well worth the money. I really look forward to your future projects. 

• 3 months later...
On 10/26/2019 at 2:33 AM, Bilbo134 said:

I have been enjoying the game a lot but i hit a soft lock on one of the main quests. The quest is called "Radio Free Monarch", the step i'm on is "Speak with Nyoka at Stellar Bay".

The issue that I'm having is that I talked to her and went through her dialogue and she told me to get her some Caffenoid. So I got all the way through the dialogue and i told her i'd get it for her but the quest step didn't change and even figuring out where the caffenoid was and stealing it didn't progress the quest either. I also only have one option now when i speak with her. "Actually - nevermind. I'll catch you later. (Leave Conversation) Is there any way someone could help me out or possibly fix this issue.

I am enjoying this game so much and would hate for people to not like it because of a game breaking bug like this.

Thanks in advance.

Edit 1: I think i figured out the problem. When you go through Nyokas dialogue, at the end you get two options. One is to agree with her request and get the Caffenoid. The other is to say that you'll consider it. Both options make you leave the conversation immediately after choosing the option. If you choose the second option where you say you'll consider it, the quest doesn't progress obviously because you didn't agree to help her. But when you try to talk with her again there is no dialogue option to say that you've changed you're mind and have decided to help her. So in order to fix this they would just need to add an option that lets you agree to help her after you choose the "I'll consider it" option the first time you talk to her.

So if anyone from the dev team sees this please fix this. Thanks in advance, again.

https://fearlessrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=10673

Download that .ZIP folder and extract it into the root of TOW game install
Launch the executable to enable the console
Use ~ key to open console
Type in "QuestStart Passion" without the quotes
Enjoy!

• 2 months later...