Bug Nyoka Main quest / radio free monarch

Still no update for this bug? I’m also stuck on this after I used the medical dialogue option. I’m on the PS4

edit: 

I ended up just bypassing that companion and heading straight to the devils peak. The quest progresses if you do that, tbh I didn’t want to wait for a fix in case it takes weeks....

Edited by Silvara1

When will there be a fix to this MAIN MISSION? I wouldn't be as concerned if this were an issue with a side mission.

I opened dialogue with Nyoka and did not respond correctly to open the side mission to collect the pills. Now my game is stuck. I cannot complete any further dialogue with Nyoka and the pill lady won't give the side mission. Total brick wall. Any ideas when this will be patched, or if the dev's are even working on it? Extremely frustrating. 

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Silvara1 said:

Still no update for this bug? I’m also stuck on this after I used the medical dialogue option. I’m on the PS4

edit: 

I ended up just bypassing that companion and heading straight to the devils peak. The quest progresses if you do that, tbh I didn’t want to wait for a fix in case it takes weeks....

I stopped playing. I'm not sacrificing my experience just to get past. There's no lack of good games to play instead. 

I'll come back to it if they fix it. 

• Thanks 2

I'm so frustrated this hasn't been addressed yet. I have seen multiple posts with no solution!! This is a main mission, how did this glitch get through the cracks? 24+ hour game and I absolutely refuse to kill a Companion just because my game glitched out. Please take action to at least address the problem formally, and let us know if a fix IS EVEN POSSIBLE??? 

PRAYING FOR A BUG PATCH MIRACLE 

• Like 1

I thought I was going crazy, good to see (I guess) that other people have this problem too. I even found the woman who sells the pills and there was no dialogue option to talk to her about the quest. I walked to the next room and picked the lock to get to the storage room, stole the pills I needed and the dialogue options would still not change, and I still can not progress with this main quest...quite a shame as it was going so well up until this point.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/26/2019 at 2:33 AM, Bilbo134 said:

I have been enjoying the game a lot but i hit a soft lock on one of the main quests. The quest is called "Radio Free Monarch", the step i'm on is "Speak with Nyoka at Stellar Bay".

The issue that I'm having is that I talked to her and went through her dialogue and she told me to get her some Caffenoid. So I got all the way through the dialogue and i told her i'd get it for her but the quest step didn't change and even figuring out where the caffenoid was and stealing it didn't progress the quest either. I also only have one option now when i speak with her. "Actually - nevermind. I'll catch you later. (Leave Conversation) Is there any way someone could help me out or possibly fix this issue.

I am enjoying this game so much and would hate for people to not like it because of a game breaking bug like this.

Thanks in advance.

Edit 1: I think i figured out the problem. When you go through Nyokas dialogue, at the end you get two options. One is to agree with her request and get the Caffenoid. The other is to say that you'll consider it. Both options make you leave the conversation immediately after choosing the option. If you choose the second option where you say you'll consider it, the quest doesn't progress obviously because you didn't agree to help her. But when you try to talk with her again there is no dialogue option to say that you've changed you're mind and have decided to help her. So in order to fix this they would just need to add an option that lets you agree to help her after you choose the "I'll consider it" option the first time you talk to her.

So if anyone from the dev team sees this please fix this. Thanks in advance, again.

I agree. I haven't been able to progress through the story because I cannot give Nyoka the Caffeine Pills that I got from Abigail Edwards. I hope they patch this soon as I don't want to move forward without adding her to my party.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hutchnsuch said:

Honestly was having a great time up until this point. Immediately had a flashback to the elevator bug from Rage 2. Please fix this, might as well be a hard stop if you want Nyoka.

Agree. I’m currently doing all of the side quests and other faction quests I have accumulated so far to make time for a patch. Hopefully it’ll be dinner rather then later.

2 hours ago, Hutchnsuch said:

it's taking them forever to patch this easy bug but here's the work around I did - just go to the devils horns in Monarch and get to the broker, simple as that.  I've heard you won't be able to get the drunk chick as a companion but who needs another drunk on the ship besides yourself, right?  Just google the map of the area and follow it, btw it's not easy to get to!  

I may have posted this last night, it may just need approving before displaying...

So yeah, I am also confounded by this bug.  My last hard save was before I'd even got the Unreliable in the air.  

I am currently doing all the side missions I can until this gets fixed, and I really do not want to have to progress to the next story point in the quest and risk not having Nyoka on the team - in fact I just won't.  I'll stop playing, which would be really disappointing as up to now I have been raving about how much I'm enjoying this game to anyone who'll listen.  I'm going to struggle to maintain that enthusiasm right now.

Anyone experiencing this bug (and it must be a lot of us as it is just choosing the "I'll consider it" dialogue option that seems to trigger it) should keep this thread alive.

• Thanks 2

On 10/27/2019 at 12:07 PM, Big_Grizzly_Bear said:

Ive talked with Nyoka and know that she requires a caffeine pill but the quest marker is still set on her and when I try to talk with her the only dialog option is to leave the conversation. When I go to Abigail Edwards to get the pill I have no dialog option to trade, only to leave the conversation. Is my game bugged or am I missing something also for what its worth im playing on the xbox one.

I have the exact same problem. I'm not downloading anything that says it will fix it unless it's from Obsidian

I'm having the same issue, PC version (through Microsoft Game Pass)

C'mon, please fix this issue. I can't continue with the game.

Nothing I've tried worked. Stole the pill, still no dialog.

(For people with this problem, there are workarounds if you look on the web but they involve doing really extreme stuff, like KILLING NYOKA and looting the quest location from her....... There's also a game hack that enables console commands sorta like a game cheat but that only works for the Epic store version......... Maybe this would help some people to get on with their quests but that's totally not the proper way to get on with the game)

THIS IS A GAME BREAKING BUG PLEASE FIX ASAP

Edited by Jharel
  • Thanks 1

I’ve already replied to this thread but obsidian don’t like the fact that you want someone to publicly shame them by posting a video on how to fix their game...... they don’t even acknowledge the fact of the bug...... and not 1 single update since release...... someone’s Ego got in the way it seems.

Edited by Radzta

1 hour ago, Radzta said:

Look a developer has been in here......

Telling us all to go to the publisher instead...... budgetary limitations to fixes. Nice. No communication to the public for a proper support channel. Nice

It's just that this subforum is mostly for user self-help. The forums have never been a proper bug reporting venue for Obs games. The format just isn't suited for that.

You're welcome to keep posting about any issues you encounter, however. Just bear in mind that the forum's subtitle clearly reads "This forum is for players to assist each other with technical questions." In general, don't expect devs to react to specific posts here.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.