Bug Nyoka Main quest / radio free monarch

Same issue here on pc, have the pills in inventory and when I talk to Nyoka the only dialogue option is to leave conversation. Incredibly frustrating. Have no saves to backtrack to whatsoever was apparently too optimistic about not finding game breaking bugs. Will try going straight to devils peak as others have suggested, don't really care if I get her as a companion I just want to progress.

I had this issue which made me lose interest in the game as this is a potential companion. What I would like to add is after you speak to nyoka she mentions a lab but there is no green marker indicating where to go for the next step of the mission. This is the reason I did side quests as figured I needed to go to one of the many labs in Monarch.... I did notice the green marker glitch in other quests as well. 

I have the same bug. The fact that a game breaking bug this early on in the main quest of the game has been in it for 5 days is mind boggling. This is literally what hotfixes are for and it doesn't seem like it would be that hard of a fix. I've done everything on Monarch that I can do, I'm just waiting for the patch now. This is a large blemish on an otherwise amazing game. 

To those curious i did a little playing around to try and get past the quest with little luck. If you don't care about getting her as a companion you can simply kill her and be done with it, i wanted her as an option so i tried to get around this. I first made a save then killed her to find out where the quest goes. After loading the save and following through with the mission it does continue the mission without Nyokas involvement.  Going back to speak to her you are given a new dialogue asking her to hunt with you, and she'll again ask for the caffenoids **For some of you this could potentially trigger the quest, it has not for me though**. You can actually get the caffeinods by stealing a key from the lady that gives out the drugs and steal them from her closet. Going back to Nyoka and talking to her with the caffenoids did not trigger any new dialogue for me to circumvent the quest.  If you steal the caffenoids before talking to her a second time still no new dialogue appears.

TLDR; Skipping her is an option, though you still won't be able to get her as a companion.

Hello, Owen Strunk.

I'm sorry you're having an issue with Nyoka's quest. We have our development team looking into it and hope to have a fix for it shortly. To expedite your request, you can send an e-mail to our publisher, Private Division at support@privatedivision.com. This will get your issue into their queue and allow us to prioritize requests to ensure the fastest possible turn around time. We apologize and thank you for your feedback.

• Sad 1

--Doug.

3 minutes ago, Tactile_coast said:

Have you tried getting the pills in the way that the game expects you too. i.e. by going and talking to the lady that dispenses them, you get involved in a little dialogue that fleshes out the story a little. Stolen ones might register differently with the game. 

Yep. Without the quest initiation from Nyoka, you are not even presented with the appropriate dialogue option by the old lady at the dispensary, so there is no way to get the pills legitimately. 

My main quest chain is broken, 

The quest is Radio Free Monarch, and it breaks when you reach dialogue with Nyoka.

She speaks about needing drugs to sober up, but no quest continuity is given from this point on.  

I have googled that the quest is supposed to require talking to Abigail at the dispensary, but that doesn't do anything because there is no triggered dialogue due to no quest flag.

So basically I can't continue playing this game.  Please hotfix asap, as a main quest bug is game-breaking.

cheers.

Hey,

i've seen that some people have this quest bugged. I have the same and i tried to open the console and type QuestStart Passion but it doesn't do anything. I believe it doesn't work because i already got the caffeine object that you need in my inventory, but the quest still saying that need to talk. There's some otherway to restart it?

Thanks.

Edited by Rysen
  • Thanks 1

In 'Radio Free Monarch' Nyoka can't seem to take the caffenoid. I'm only offered the option to leave the conversation. I'm playing on PS4 and I've seen other people are having the same problem. I'm told I can just make my way to the main quest point without her, but I don't want to not have a new companion. Is there any news of a patch coming out soon for this bug?