Bug Nyoka Main quest / radio free monarch

I have been enjoying the game a lot but i hit a soft lock on one of the main quests. The quest is called "Radio Free Monarch", the step i'm on is "Speak with Nyoka at Stellar Bay".

The issue that I'm having is that I talked to her and went through her dialogue and she told me to get her some Caffenoid. So I got all the way through the dialogue and i told her i'd get it for her but the quest step didn't change and even figuring out where the caffenoid was and stealing it didn't progress the quest either. I also only have one option now when i speak with her. "Actually - nevermind. I'll catch you later. (Leave Conversation) Is there any way someone could help me out or possibly fix this issue.

I am enjoying this game so much and would hate for people to not like it because of a game breaking bug like this.

Thanks in advance.

Edit 1: I think i figured out the problem. When you go through Nyokas dialogue, at the end you get two options. One is to agree with her request and get the Caffenoid. The other is to say that you'll consider it. Both options make you leave the conversation immediately after choosing the option. If you choose the second option where you say you'll consider it, the quest doesn't progress obviously because you didn't agree to help her. But when you try to talk with her again there is no dialogue option to say that you've changed you're mind and have decided to help her. So in order to fix this they would just need to add an option that lets you agree to help her after you choose the "I'll consider it" option the first time you talk to her.

So if anyone from the dev team sees this please fix this. Thanks in advance, again.

Edited by 213374U
adding a more descriptive title
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 2
  • Gasp! 1
  • Sad 1

Same problem here.  I read somewhere else that you can still progress the main quest by going straight to the next location without Nyoka, but Nyoka is also a companion and I'd really prefer to not miss her completely.  Unfortunately I'd have to lose over 7 hours of progress to go back far enough to do it over.  BLAARGH.  

P.S.: you should edit the title of this thread to be more descriptive of the specific problem.  Devs could easily miss this thread or not realize that's it's about a very specific issue that they could (probably) easily fix.  I almost re-posted just to make a new title.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, RowYerboat said:

P.S.: you should edit the title of this thread to be more descriptive of the specific problem.  Devs could easily miss this thread or not realize that's it's about a very specific issue that they could (probably) easily fix.  I almost re-posted just to make a new title.

Thanks for the suggestion. Users have time-based editing restrictions so it's up to us to do this kind of thing.

• Like 2

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

2 hours ago, 213374U said:

Thanks for the suggestion. Users have time-based editing restrictions so it's up to us to do this kind of thing.

Thanks for that.  Also a minor update; I went ahead and talked to the C3 on Devil's Peak, which does advance the quest.  Back with Nyoka, the conversation does change to give you the option to say " I could use a hunter...", but then she mentions needing the Caffeinoid (which I already have), and there is no option to give it to her.  

• Like 2

Bumping this in hopes there is a fix.  Having the same issue, and last save before talking to her is over 10 hours ago.  Considering requesting a refund, as I've heard Private Division support is saying there is no fix.  Terrible experience as I was beginning to enjoy the game.  Not worth the purchase to have to deal with things like this though.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Blaine Patrick said:

I've heard Private Division support is saying there is no fix.

Really difficult for me to believe there is no fix.  The "switch" that begins the quest to get the Caffeinoid, which is supposed to be triggered by dialogue with Nyoka, simply isn't firing if you choose certain responses; this should be super easy to locate and fix.  I'm not familiar with the Unreal Engine but generally speaking these kinds of scripts are very straightforward.  OP gave nice description of where it went wrong.   It should even be pretty easy to fix it so that someone who has passed that point can go back and get Nyoka to join.  Now, considering Obsidian is apparently facing an array of technical issues of varying urgency, when it gets fixed is another matter.  Personally, I'm just moving on without Nyoka.  Hopefully that won't break anything else down the line!

Edited by RowYerboat
clarity
  • Like 2

Ive talked with Nyoka and know that she requires a caffeine pill but the quest marker is still set on her and when I try to talk with her the only dialog option is to leave the conversation. When I go to Abigail Edwards to get the pill I have no dialog option to trade, only to leave the conversation. Is my game bugged or am I missing something also for what its worth im playing on the xbox one.

3 hours ago, RowYerboat said:

Really difficult for me to believe there is no fix.  The "switch" that begins the quest to get the Caffeinoid, which is supposed to be triggered by dialogue with Nyoka, simply isn't firing if you choose certain responses; this should be super easy to locate and fix.  I'm not familiar with the Unreal Engine but generally speaking these kinds of scripts are very straightforward.  OP gave nice description of where it went wrong.   It should even be pretty easy to fix it so that someone who has passed that point can go back and get Nyoka to join.  Now, considering Obsidian is apparently facing an array of technical issues of varying urgency, when it gets fixed is another matter.  Personally, I'm just moving on without Nyoka.  Hopefully that won't break anything else down the line!

Can we get this thread flagged as a bug?  I don't really want to play the rest of the game without Nyoka.

Humm, the supposedly unmissable npc  can be missed due to poor dialog options.

I told her sure, then forgot about her. Couple hours later I got her pills and all was well.  I did not however progress the main quest past her joining however.

Maybe she is missable if you progress past the chance for her to join. I Don't know. For the codemonkies to fix.

This needs fixed and should be high up on the priority list since it's on the main quest line and it rises at least up near the level of game breaking at minimum if you have already done 5+ hours in this zone. There is no work around, at least not for me. I don't see how there can be a work around as some suggest since Devil's Peak is a locked area and I can't bypass it from what I can see. 

• Like 2

unable to give pills to nyoka, and unable to progress. last save is 10 hours before. game seems to only keep 3 autosaves and they are all after i first talked to her. going to get a refund instead of re-playing 10 hours. this is really annoying as i was enjoying the game. i don't want to have to kill her or play the game with a missing companion. might reconsider and play again if this gets fixed ever. hope the devs are paying attention.  

if you lock this thread because of the others, can the mods make sure the others are tagged with 'bug'?  i want the devs to be aware.

• Like 2

Cannot continue story after talking with Nyoka. I know I'm supposed to get her pills but it isnt working, and I cant continue. Does anyone know how to fix this, I cant go back autosave because there is only 3. I dont want to get rid of the game because I'm really.enjoying it but what do it do?

Edited by Logan Peters
  • Like 1

Have tried a few things to get this going with no luck. I tried getting the key from Dr. Williams' corpse in the graveyard to maybe kick off the Passion Pills quest. No go. Tried hacking the terminal, again no go. Tried to pickpocket the journal from Nyoka but it's really effing hard not to get caught (came very close once, got her inventory open but was caught before I could take it, haven't been able to replicate it since). No guarantees it would even work though.

I know killing her and taking the journal will advance the quest but obviously you lose her as a companion, and people apparently have been able to continue just by going to Devil's Peak, again missing out on her as a companion. Neither of those options are acceptable to me. 

• Like 1

Why are the devs ignoring the threads related to this bug? About an hour ago, @OEI_Wolf and @OEI_um responded to a bunch of threads with boilerplate responses but skipped this thread and another thread reporting the same issue...

• Like 2