List of Common Issues and Suggestions

After the update I turned on the game and checked out the new center reticle UI options. I have to admit I didn't think that would be the work around but it seems to be working wonderfully with a sniper character. With  the crosshairs on "combat only" my first shot at enemies is still a guess but after that my crosshairs are visible again. I also like that it doesn't completely turn off the HUD.

I'm very much looking forward to the new DLC and updates you guys have planned. Thank you!

Edited by HannaD

Hi OBS, I just wanted to throw in my voice behind widescreen support. I have a 32:9 monitor (5120x1440) and the perspective isn't terrible, but it is zoomed in a little and it's cutting off the top and bottom of the screen - so missing some weapon view etc.

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if the right topic, but a little bug i noticed on the PS4 version (1.03).

Holding the options button on the controller, to instantly bringing up the journal, often results into a bug where you can't scroll larger quest texts with the right stick. Even when you select different quests in the log, it just doesn't work. This gets "fixed" by pressing either R1, L1, R2 or L2 to switch to another menu and getting back to the journal, then the text scrolling works again. Nothing big, but it is irritating sometimes.

Another irritating thing, when traveling to another location, by using the door (so a loading screen occurs) and you putted away your weapon, it is automatically out again.

Edited by Drakon74

I am experienceing a weird audio glitch where the voice of any character gets turned down to an almost inaudible level as soon as i face them. When i turn slightly the volume of the character increases, and facing away from them I hear them clearly, but still like they are talking from behind, so it doesn't seem like an issue with the surround effects.

I have tried with different speakers, multiple headphones, with and without dolby 7.1. Restarting, resetting, adjusting settings, starting a new game, drivers, compatibility, cables... All of those failchecks have been applied with no result. 

Again this happens only when i'm facing any character (companion, quest giver, enemy, good ol' factory worker and even animals) directly. 

This also means, you know, due to the fact that you're forced to face anyone you speak to directly, that i can't hear what anyone is saying. Sort of game breaking to say the least. The general quality of the audio also comes and goes. Sounds really tinny and poor periodically.

Downloaded the game today on ps4. Ran fine until I had to go to the botanical camp. Can hardly move into there without it crashing. Hoped to do more of the mission comes now the power and maybe it’ll work but no luck. Tried lowering settings and brightness. Tried nudging forward slowly and saving frequently to get the mission done with no luck. Tried restarting the ps4, tried giving it a rest for a bit. The game just freezes and I have no choice but to restart it. Enjoying the game but to get such a big issue this early is really frustrating. Help please

• 2 weeks later...

I realize you're running out of buttons, and this is absolutely 100% not a big deal, but it would be nice to be able to carry the weapon at the ready (in particular, rifles).  I guess that putting it away sort of counts (I mean, it's in your hands once you go idle), but I'd like to be able to see that the muzzle is angled downwards.  This is completely non-functional, which is why it's not a big deal -- it's just that I absolutely hate flagging my companions, and trying to dip the gun results in a wildly slewing and disorienting viewpoint.  Its a story thing and it is 100% aesthetic, so feel free to disregard.

I just started the game, haven't even started actually playing it because this cropped up while setting the game up, and I noticed three issues.

#1 Controls on PC aren't fully customizable.

Yes, sure, dead horse, but this is an issue that was barley excusable in 2000 and inexcusable in 2010, and The Outer Worlds was released in 2019.  This wouldn't be so bad if the fixed controls were sensibly located, but while (I)nventory and (M)ap make sense from thematic viewpoints they don't make sense from a functional standpoint when 95% of all other keybindings are within reach of the left hand when located by the 'F' key.  Maybe there are people out there so used to such contorted control schemes that they can hit I to open up their inventory or M to open up a map without having to stop what else they're doing in the game or having to look at the keyboard, but I'm not one of them thanks to all the other developers who allow for full rebinding of game controls.

This issue is worse for people like me who play games with the lights off since that means I need to either get something bright on screen or turn on a lamp to see 'I', 'M', 'K', and the comma keys.  Wait, comma?  Seriously?  That's a hard-coded key binding?  O_O

I worked around this issue with AutoHotkey, but that leads to...

#2  The game steals focus from other programs/windows.

I can't Alt+Tab out of the game thanks to (sensibly IMNSHO) using Autohotkey to forcibly rebind Map to the Tab key.  Instead I've been using the Windows key.  This, however, means I get to hit Windows, click on something other than the game, watch the game steal focus back, hit Windows again, and click on that something a second time in order to actually interact with it.  This makes trying to do anything outside of the game while it's running just a bit annoying.

It also lead me to the realization that...

#3  "Fullscreen" isn't.

There is zero difference that I can see between "Fullscreen" and "Windowed Fullscreen."  In either mode the game sits there, running away when I hit the Windows key to bring up the Start menu.

When a game runs in a real/exclusive full screen mode the game will be minimized when it loses focus and, usually, execution of tasks/code associated with the game will be paused leading to a halt in music and gameplay and a reduction to 0%in CPU/GPU usage (or at least nearly so for CPU usage) by the game.

As it stands I've got the game set to "Fullscreen," it doesn't have focus, the music is playing on and on, and my GPU is running at 97%-98% clearly showing that it's not actually in a full screen, non-windowed mode.

• 3 weeks later...

I would like to address 2 issues (PC version)

1. There is no option to adjust audio to be stereo, Surround, etc. 

2. It is so difficult to pick up items using gamepad on PC. We have to align crosshair to be precisely over to item which make it tedious when pick up multiple items in the same place.
(eg. right thumb to move crosshair over item then right thumb to press pick up button then right thumb to move crosshair to next item then right thumb to press pick up button then right thumb again and again)  
You should enlarge select area for item picking up so we do not have to adjust camera every time to pick up each item.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/3/2019 at 9:47 PM, johnblaze said:

have they came out with a fix or workaround for the constant crashing on pc? I've reinstalled the epic launcher, updated drivers, made sure nothing was corrupt with windows 10, checked for malware/viruses and still constant crashing. I'm not one to complain but when you pay $60 for a full game and you can't even play at all it's pretty upsetting. Hell, I'd be fine if the game crashed every couple of hours, I just want to play and make some progress. There are games that are early-access with more stability smh..

check out my post Might Have Solved Crashes there are 9 options

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Dev,
A suggestion.....Could you add an option to toggle item description on/off? Playing with a xbox controller and everytime i go into item screen, the description block half of the inventory and really bothers me. 

You can make description off by deafult. for mouse and keyboard, you can see the description by single click the item, for cotroller, add the on/off buttom.

OR you can move the item description to the right side of the screen..i dont need to see the character model in item screen. i can view it by going to chararter tab anyway. but this way in armor tab the charater wont show with the new amour weared. the more effective way is too center the item menu, resize the  character animate to the left, and item description on the right.(you can compare the witcher 3 item menu ) not sure if this is a lot of work...so maybe a on/off is good enough. 

This issue bother me so much that i looked through the setting for 10 minutes and even looking for a mod to fix but still no luck. 

Thank you.

IndianaEpicGameStore-Win64-Shipping 2020-03-06 23-07-04-131.jpg

Edited by bce4

• 3 weeks later...

I see that multiple quest indicators on the map is already in the list of reports, great!

But might i add maybe giving them different color according to the category of the quest?

ex, : mainquest-->green(default), sidequest-->red, companionquest-->blue, etc,.....

and maybe from each category maximum one selected on the map for indication

(also toggle to off for any quest, no matter what category,  if for ex;: you only preferring one indicator/quest on the map.

• 4 months later...

Could you please make controls fully remappable in the next patch? For both gamepad on console/PC and kb/m on PC. Surely it must have been requested many times before. All first-person Fallout games have it and The Outer Worlds is much in the same vein (to say the least). It's an important accessibility feature, too, and more games have it now (Destiny 2 got it recently).

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/31/2019 at 2:12 PM, Shyla said:

Greetings everyone,

We would like to thank everyone who has taken the time to report issues and suggestions for the The Outer Worlds. We are working on compiling everything to share with the team for review.

At this time I would like to share with you a list of the more common issues and suggestions we are seeing reported. 

List of common issues and suggestions:

• Various game crashes
  • Font size increase
  • Center reticle
  • FOV adjustment
  • Multiple quest indicators on map
  • Custom waypoints
  • Ability to disable kill cams
  • Disable companion attack cinematics
  • PC remapping support
  • Item comparison ability while looting
  • Adding inventory filters/sorting abilities
  • Changing the appearance of Pristine equipment
  • Adding weight and limit information in vendors
  • Adding survival meters to the consumables page
  • Stronger outlines for workbenches
  • Auto-run ability
  • Weapon not staying holstered during dialogue
  • Widescreen support
  • Toggle headbob
  • Separate aiming sensitivities
  • Toggle chromatic aberration 
  • Companions dying and failing companion quests on modes other than Supernova

The team is currently investing these and other reported instances. We will update you once we know more regarding our next steps.

Thank you, and please continue to let us know if you have any other issues or suggestions to report.

Edit: 

Thank you for the new posts, we appreciate the additional reports as they are helping us tremendously. I do want to let you know that you may also email our publishing partner, Private Division, at support@privatedivision.com. This will help ensure that your specific issue or suggestion is in their queue which allows us to prioritize requests in order to provide the fastest possible turn around time.

We apologize again and thank you all for your patience while we work on these issues.

Wow games been out for almost a year and yet you have this serious game breaking glitch to consider and its still around...

• 1 month later...

Hi i have a bug for finishing the quest "ambrosse intersection" they say to return to my ship and tell Ada to call Lucien. I go back to my ship but AdA is "brigthen"  but no  "X" or clickable option work... but if i go to tartarus aftee the guard speak to my now the choice to call Lucien apears but you can't go back to deliver the journal...

• 2 weeks later...

Recently tried to start playing again after awhile on Xbox One. Downloaded an update and went to start a new game.  I put in my attribute points and I got locked onto that screen. Even though I set all the points, I am unable to progress to the following screen and the only option that works is backing out into the main menu.

• 3 weeks later...

I have posted this elsewhere.  It is regarding a mouse issue bug with PC Epic Store version of game.  Please see here:

This game is currently completely unplayable to me and it is beginning to make me a bit upset at this point.  I had no issue playing this game before my purchase of the DLC.  I have the current version which I updated via the Epic store today.  The mouse still did not work.  Also all my saves from playing 12 hourse or more previously are still all gone.  The game will not let me save when the tutorial begins and so I have to go through the entire character creation process to check to see if the mouse is going to work.

If I can not be helped here I would appreciate someone telling me where to find a fix to my issue otherwise I will have to try to get my money back for this game.

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/31/2019 at 1:12 PM, Shyla said:

Greetings everyone,

We would like to thank everyone who has taken the time to report issues and suggestions for the The Outer Worlds. We are working on compiling everything to share with the team for review.

At this time I would like to share with you a list of the more common issues and suggestions we are seeing reported. 

List of common issues and suggestions:

• Various game crashes
  • Font size increase
  • Center reticle
  • FOV adjustment
  • Multiple quest indicators on map
  • Custom waypoints
  • Ability to disable kill cams
  • Disable companion attack cinematics
  • PC remapping support
  • Item comparison ability while looting
  • Adding inventory filters/sorting abilities
  • Changing the appearance of Pristine equipment
  • Adding weight and limit information in vendors
  • Adding survival meters to the consumables page
  • Stronger outlines for workbenches
  • Auto-run ability
  • Weapon not staying holstered during dialogue
  • Widescreen support
  • Toggle headbob
  • Separate aiming sensitivities
  • Toggle chromatic aberration 
  • Companions dying and failing companion quests on modes other than Supernova

The team is currently investing these and other reported instances. We will update you once we know more regarding our next steps.

Thank you, and please continue to let us know if you have any other issues or suggestions to report.

Edit: 

Thank you for the new posts, we appreciate the additional reports as they are helping us tremendously. I do want to let you know that you may also email our publishing partner, Private Division, at support@privatedivision.com. This will help ensure that your specific issue or suggestion is in their queue which allows us to prioritize requests in order to provide the fastest possible turn around time.

We apologize again and thank you all for your patience while we work on these issues.

Maybe something about the widespread glitch wherein the OCI eyeball key is unobtainable due to not being able to open the safe in Lucky's room? That seems to be one of the most common problems with Peril on Gorgon and I'm surprised not to find it here.

Edited by Nofsdad
Typos

On 11/3/2019 at 4:29 PM, arkhamtheknight said:

Guard Mayfield is saying something but the first word is missing so I don't know what it is?

EIfQJRzXsAUE2lJ.jpg

The word would be "That's" and the way it's shown is meant as the way a drunk person slurs their words. I've talked that way a few times myself. ;)