List of Common Issues and Suggestions

On 10/31/2019 at 8:12 PM, Shyla said:

Greetings everyone,

We would like to thank everyone who has taken the time to report issues and suggestions for the The Outer Worlds. We are working on compiling everything to share with the team for review.

At this time I would like to share with you a list of the more common issues and suggestions we are seeing reported. 

List of common issues and suggestions:

• Various game crashes
  • Font size increase
  • Center reticle
  • FOV adjustment
  • Multiple quest indicators on map
  • Custom waypoints
  • Ability to disable kill cams
  • Disable companion attack cinematics
  • PC remapping support
  • Item comparison ability while looting
  • Adding inventory filters/sorting abilities
  • Changing the appearance of Pristine equipment
  • Adding weight and limit information in vendors
  • Adding survival meters to the consumables page
  • Stronger outlines for workbenches
  • Auto-run ability
  • Weapon not staying holstered during dialogue
  • Widescreen support
  • Toggle headbob
  • Separate aiming sensitivities
  • Toggle chromatic aberration 
  • Companions dying and failing companion quests on modes other than Supernova

The team is currently investing these and other reported instances. We will update you once we know more regarding our next steps.

Thank you, and please continue to let us know if you have any other issues or suggestions to report.

Edit: 

Thank you for the new posts, we appreciate the additional reports as they are helping us tremendously. I do want to let you know that you may also email our publishing partner, Private Division, at support@privatedivision.com. This will help ensure that your specific issue or suggestion is in their queue which allows us to prioritize requests in order to provide the fastest possible turn around time.

We apologize again and thank you all for your patience while we work on these issues.

Chromatic aberration & motion blur toggle on/off would be amazing.

On 11/8/2019 at 5:36 PM, Mattyayeit said:

I second this 

I have tried 6 other games that are xbox one x enhanced and when I start those games up they automatically switch my TV to HDR video mode and play them in 4k but outer worlds isn't doing thus I've tried everything possible even uninstalling the game and its still not working for 4k just leaves my display settings on standard I don't know what else to do it actually worked the first time I played it on my new xbox one x but now it's not doing it and I'm really not happy about it because unfortunately standard display settings is actually making the game look worse 😭

Surely there is something wrong with the graphics? 

HDR isn’t supported in this game... though would be nice in future 😁

I wanna suggest adding the option to change our character haitsyle at Edgewater barbershop, being stuck with the look from the character creation menu is underwhelming. In my case I had my character have a beard in accordance for him being frozen for ~70 years, a beard that he would shave as soon as he gets the chance, only to be faced with the fact that its not a current feature in the game, please consider adding it!

• Like 2

I 200% approve of the kill cam and companion cinematic disabling.

Kill cams when you play a sniper are pure waste of good crits and buffs, there are perks that allow for extra crit chances, spread removal and so on after a kill, but if after your kill there is a kill cam by the time you have re-focused your aim on the next target all those buffs are gone.

There is something that I believe might be a bug, but if it's a feature I would like to suggest changing it : when you equip a companion with a helmet that has a bonus on skills that bonus doesn't apply. It makes no sense specially when you consider that skill bonuses on armor on the other hand apply to your companion so why not helmets ?

Another thing is the fact that some helmets show slots for mods but I've never been able to add a single mod to them even the mods that state they're for armor and helmets

Finally this is a feature request and not a bug : When you are crouching and ask your companions to hold a position they stop sneaking and walk there then stand there in plain sight, I would like them to stay in stealth as long as you do even if you asked them to stand their ground somewhere. I play a stealth sniper and watching my companions walk in front of my enemies when I try to stay hidden is maddening.

• Like 1

Ah just found this area 😅 I'll list my ideas here. 😎

Suggestions:

- Would be nice to have a dynamic flashlight on the armor enabled by holding the crouch button. 

- A manual quick save option (PS4) would be great to save time. Maybe add standstill 1hr wait time.

- In the weapons inventory it would be useful if you have a double up of the same weapon (with the same stats) to be in one slot saying x2. 

- Some type of feature in the inventory to "Lock" weapons / items so they don't show up in the sell menu for vendors and traders. 

- In the consumables inventory it can take a long time to look through for "heal %" items. Maybe add a health symbol (for example same symbol area like shock weapons have) on those or add a new arrange order options. 

- On the compass bar could you add small grey dots to show dead bodies that haven't been looted yet. When your companions kill a big group of enemies it's not always clear where the bodies are. 

- Option to Set a custom "Waypoint" maker on the map menu.

Bug:

- When in the workbench menu the "compare" weapons feature doesn't work correctly. It allows you still to press L3 (PS4) to set a marker but only "one" not "two" the feature doesn't work correctly.

Edited by gtamike_TSGK
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, gtamike_TSGK said:

- On the compass bar could you add small grey dots to show dead bodies that haven't been looted yet. When your companions kill a big group of enemies it's not always clear where the bodies are. 

Really good idea

• Thanks 1

Felix has disappeared and when I try to take him off the unreliable he dies on supernova, or at least "left the party".  I don't know how to resolve this and it makes me sad because its my first playthrough and I wanted to explore Felix's character.  Please help because I don't want to have to restart my playthrough.

There is no point to this thread, all we should be reporting on is the bugs. No ones reading your suggestions in development. They don’t even acknowledge reported bugs and if you try to get someone who knows how to fix it to show it to them publicly, your post gets deleted!!

a real shame I thought Obsidian were better than Bethesda..... I guess they are all one and alike. RIP

• Haha 1

On 11/1/2019 at 2:30 AM, Nitrojin said:

You can remap any button on PS4 in system settings. I do this with a few games from time to time. 

I play on the PS4.  I would like the ability to remap the controller entirely. 

Edited by gtamike_TSGK

Is anybody else having an issue with the hitbox of one-handed weapons? Specifically the backswing on faster weapons, like for example suppertime is a weapon I have used a lot, and the first strike always connects, the backswing never does, even if I am right on top of the enemy, I have had this issue with other one-handed items, but suppertime seems the worst, to the point that I had to stop using it

I can't enter the secret lab in Roseway. I get stuck on the loading screen at all 3 doors. A minor issue is that the game needs more indicators for thirst, hunger and sleep in supernova mode. I must say other than the aforementioned issues I LOVE this game. I hope to see more story driven RPGs like this in the future and less online freemium style cash grabs. Keep up the good work.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Paul Hoback said:

I can't enter the secret lab in Roseway. I get stuck on the loading screen at all 3 doors. A minor issue is that the game needs more indicators for thirst, hunger and sleep in supernova mode. I must say other than the aforementioned issues I LOVE this game. I hope to see more story driven RPGs like this in the future and less online freemium style cash grabs. Keep up the good work.

if they could patch in a feature that shows your current number values of thirst/hunger/sleep on your character sheet like for example right next to your current/total health that would be awesome too, cause then I would feel more confident while playing without HUD

On 10/31/2019 at 1:12 PM, Shyla said:

Greetings everyone,

We would like to thank everyone who has taken the time to report issues and suggestions for the The Outer Worlds. We are working on compiling everything to share with the team for review.

At this time I would like to share with you a list of the more common issues and suggestions we are seeing reported. 

List of common issues and suggestions:

• Various game crashes
  • Font size increase
  • Center reticle
  • FOV adjustment
  • Multiple quest indicators on map
  • Custom waypoints
  • Ability to disable kill cams
  • Disable companion attack cinematics
  • PC remapping support
  • Item comparison ability while looting
  • Adding inventory filters/sorting abilities
  • Changing the appearance of Pristine equipment
  • Adding weight and limit information in vendors
  • Adding survival meters to the consumables page
  • Stronger outlines for workbenches
  • Auto-run ability
  • Weapon not staying holstered during dialogue
  • Widescreen support
  • Toggle headbob
  • Separate aiming sensitivities
  • Toggle chromatic aberration 
  • Companions dying and failing companion quests on modes other than Supernova

The team is currently investing these and other reported instances. We will update you once we know more regarding our next steps.

Thank you, and please continue to let us know if you have any other issues or suggestions to report.

Edit: 

Thank you for the new posts, we appreciate the additional reports as they are helping us tremendously. I do want to let you know that you may also email our publishing partner, Private Division, at support@privatedivision.com. This will help ensure that your specific issue or suggestion is in their queue which allows us to prioritize requests in order to provide the fastest possible turn around time.

We apologize again and thank you all for your patience while we work on these issues.

The only sleep in ships beds is a joke. Should be able to sleep in any bed " can put things in like if its a persons bed they can kick you out". If its in a dangerous area set debuffs to warn you about intruders approaching. Fast travel should be any major spots on map not just to the ship. Having less saves is good but not only in ship or random hardly ever auto saves. If you are going to give the  water food problems then give players more ways of getting drinks and food not quick eating food let us create from sources like all the water and food from all over some places not just from a machine that you have to buy water and joke food. Your companions should not die forever they are not good enough ai's they don't fight right all the time they are stupid so don't kill them if they die a lot start giving the take longer to revive and have their health back, make them slower not as good for long periods of time but stop letting them die. Sure there's more but leaving it to that for now.

The only sleep in ships beds is a joke. Should be able to sleep in any bed " can put things in like if its a persons bed they can kick you out". If its in a dangerous area set debuffs to warn you about intruders approaching. Fast travel should be any major spots on map not just to the ship. Having less saves is good but not only in ship or random hardly ever auto saves. If you are going to give the  water food problems then give players more ways of getting drinks and food not quick eating food let us create from sources like all the water and food from all over some places not just from a machine that you have to buy water and joke food. Your companions should not die forever they are not good enough ai's they don't fight right all the time they are stupid so don't kill them if they die a lot start giving the take longer to revive and have their health back, make them slower not as good for long periods of time but stop letting them die. Sure there's more but leaving it to that for now.

I have not seen this listed in the list of urgent issues.

The whole difficulties system is pointless when there are abundant quantities of ammo and items just about anywhere, anywhere... Dozens of crates with dozens of items all around at every single corner makes you spoiled very early in the game with nothing actually valuable to seek. No joy in finding anything, you soon enough don't even look at what you're taking you just keep mashing Take All the whole game, breaking down everything and moving to junk. Is this supposed to be fun???

This game makes its hundreds of items invaluable junk found just about anywhere in abundant quantities. Sorry but having 140x ammo ten minutes in the game just makes ammo totally pointless. Never in the game you 're actually forced, not even once to use different ammo type weapon or any melee weapon at all. That's just completely wrong design.

We need an option

that will drastically lower the amounts of ammo and items and crates at places where it makes not even a slightest logical sense to be.

- an option that will make you value the ammo and other items

- an option that will make you run out of one ammo type and switch to other gun or melee for a while if you don't switch in between time to time yourself.

- an option that will make you seek for hidden crates to find items which are not redundant anywhere nearby

- an option that will make you actually want to buy something from vendors - for example ammo

- an option that will make use of the pointless "ammo perk"

- an option that will properly address this whole immersion-breaking disbalance.

21:9 FIX HOW MANY TIMES DOES THE COMMUNITY HAVE TO ASK

• Like 1

The biggest Crash issue I had was near the end on the prison planet.  The dialog with Rockwell would crash if I came from the far door to the NPC.  If I went in the near door, no problem.  However there is no direct way to that door.  You have to do some mario magic.

My biggest graphical issue is map updates on the same level.  It looked like I was out of environment.

Here is video right before it: 

Their is a bug with Vicar Max were he will sometimes revert himself back to when you first recruit him, this bug is somewhat random as it seems to happen when entering or leaving the unreliable. His stats are reset and all given his weapons and armor are deleted and replaced by a level 3 shotgun and his default uniform. As you can imagine this is upsetting when he loses rare high level equipment and you have to reassign his skill points.

Having finished my first playthrough, I'm now jumping between a couple of characters to try out different scenarios.  It would be hugely useful for people like me to have a way to sort saves by character or just only show the saves associated with that character in the load menu.  I manually save pretty compulsively, so it gets kind of annoying to have to sift through one giant list looking for one specific character's last save.

To go along with that, it'd be great if each separate character could have 3 autosaves and quicksaves, rather than sharing 3 between all characters.