List of Common Issues and Suggestions

Hello,

Great Game.  20hours for now and i am enjoying every minute of it. Playing on PC (EGS).

1) One bug is annoying. The Helmet Armour Rating of my Companion is wrongly shown under details. I equiped Parvati with a helmet armor rating 9. The details page of parvati is showing something like 8.889 always a float number. The Helmet has 100% condition. When i equip the same helmet i see the 9 under my details.

2)  Not a bug, more of a suggestion:  under the UI settings i unchecked the "show base stats " for equipment. It would be awesome if the base values are shown in parenthesis for the stats that got modified. Ialways need to check on wikia the base values of my weapon to see the modified values.

3) questions: what does influence the 3 skill stats of a companion. Parvati has 3 skills and one of them is getting modified ( in parenthesis).. so i though she is getting something from the armor..but ita not the case... no matter what armor do i give parvati, her 3 values doesnt change. update: it is changing... but i need to reload the save..so it is not updating the value upon changing the armor/ helmet.. it does update value after loading the save again...

4)Another problem is the weapons stat too..  example:  i have a weapon with a mod that gives me 20% spread reduction, if i keep the weapon equiped but right click (detailed view) another weapon (that doesnt have spread reduction ) it will still show me a spread reduction..
 it looks like the "modified stats" of the equiped weapon carry over to the other weapons in the overview page of the inventory... .. equiping the weapon and checking again puts back the correct values...

Thank you 

1 hour ago, Shyla said:

Thank you everyone for your continued reports. We have been working hard to get them into the system for review and we will continue to work on what has been reported and any new bug reports or suggestions you have for The Outer Worlds.

As mentioned previously, you can also report anything you post here to our publishing partner, Private Division. They have been busy with gathering more information where needed and adding the reports for review, and we are so grateful for their help in this. You can email them here: support@privatedivision.com.

Thank you again, and as we have information regarding any of the reports we are seeing we will share them with you.

blockquote widget

Edited by christizzz

1. Cursor movement speed in map

2. Hunger and thirst levels while in the aid menu

3. Companions health need buffed on Supernova. No way should they die before me with better gear. Either that or just make effect from healing the same for companion as you or allow them to recieve buffs from consumables in inhaler like you. It needs tweaked bad.

Is there any patch coming up? Because it is impossible to play, after some time terrible freezes begin, and the farther, the worse the freezes, the same as at the minimum graphics settings and at the maximum (((The drivers are latest, the computer satisfies the system requirements.
Technical support advised me to perform a clean boot of Windows))), which didn’t help at all ((((

Edited by Sergey Kazarinov

I'm also wondering about a patch. I played for a couple of days but then encountered the bugs with the companion missions. This is game breaking for me because I'd like to be able to complete all content the game offers. I very much enjoyed the game but I've stopped playing until these bugs are fixed. Any news about an upcoming patch would be much appreciated. 

3 hours ago, Grimmb13 said:

Any word on the radio free monarch bug? Didn't see it in the list and it seems to be affecting a decent amount of players.

Have to 2nd this, 3000+ views on one thread. Would be really great if this was a priority since it affects progression of the main quest line. Thank you for the great game y'all have put together.

Please fix the holstering! I check almost daily for a patch. Its really immersion breaking to pull your weapon out every time you talk to someone, use a computer, pick something up, open a door, or open a box.

I'm using an X Box Controller on PC

Thank you for your time.

If you complete a companion's quest line and get their special perk and then respec your character, you lose the companion's special perk for good. You do get an extra perk point to assign, but the special perk itself is no longer available for them at all, and there appears no way to get it back. This is a hidden cost, and a very critical one, to respeccing.

• Like 1

As per digital foundry analysis the xbox one x version seems to be running on base xbox one graphics settings with a resolution boost. Compared to ps4 pro there is a lot less foliage and it makes the planets seem a little barren. Surely this shouldn't be the case and it should be on par with ps4 pro.

On 11/1/2019 at 11:26 PM, livegeekdie said:

Have emailed Private Division also; am experiencing the Radio Free Monarch quest bug where, after asking you to get her caffenoid, the only dialogue option available is to leave the conversation meaning I'm unable to progress the quest.

I have this same problem! I cant get past this quest please help!

Edited by Adog990

+ Give the option to disable chromatic aberration, it's just not an artistic interpretation, it's a severe issue for some people, it can induce disconfort and it's just boring and adds nothing to the game,

+ Better / More options for PC, type and level of Anti-Aliasing, UltraWide support (Fallout: New Vegas had 21:9 support, it's not something that just hit the market, how can you not have had tested this game on a UltraWide monitor in QA?),

+ Improve the dificulty, Hard is just too Easy, I know you had to in order for all specs to be viable but a Sniper Build can steamroll the game early on, sure that was the same with New Vegas but at least it took a while to get there,

+ Improve the perks, the current perks are just "meh", it reminds me of the first Bordelands game, just stat increases, nothing special, once again, you made New Vegas, you know how to add unique perks,

+ Seriously, it's the only game in the last... four years that came out without UltraWide support that I know of, surs there are a lot that needed some .ini tweaks or somethimg but this one seems hardcoded to 16:9, how is that even possible?!

• Like 1

Beyond what's already mentioned, here's a small list of bugs & suggestions

• Minor bug involving ship decorations, specifically where some don't appear in the ship after being found.
    • Specific ones that come to mind are Tossball #3 (from Byzantium) and the Systems and Serfdoms book.
  • The ladders-triggering-death-flag bug.
    • While I see "Companions dying and failing companion quests on modes other than Supernova" in the notes for the upcoming patch, just want to make an explicit mention as, at least for me, I did not know anything actually happened until I was at the endgame slideshow as I already completed all of the companion quests.
  • NPCs' left ear seems to "glow" more than their right.
    • Though as a brief aside, I'm impressed at the nice touch of realism with the light-bleedthrough.
  • Some areas use low-res/muddy textures on objects while also having an object directly adjacent that looks nice & crisp which can be jarring at times.
  • Add option for the intensity of Chromatic Aberrations instead of just a toggle.
    • This can already be adjusted via the INI.
  • Add option for the distance of shadows/lighting pop-in.
    • There is a very noticeable pop-in on shadows and lighting on Groundbreaker (from dock and walking to the Customs booth) and Scylla.
  • Edit: Individual HUD element options and fade-out HUD when nothing is happening.
    • In my opinion, the Companion HUD area takes (specifically the bottom-left) up too much space when it's in its controller-mode.
      • Wouldn't mind just disabling that section outright.
    • HUD would fade-in when near combat (or if set within the options)

Edited by xSean

I would request that individual HUD elements be selectable. With an OLED display it is unwise to have static elements and the companion command icons are oversized anyway

I try to play with HUD off but everything is removed including aim reticule and transitory messages

Secondly I see an event 1000 application error in event log every time the game closes. As you cant restart the game for sometime after closing there is some sort of invisible crash happening on close.

17 hours ago, Benn said:

As per digital foundry analysis the xbox one x version seems to be running on base xbox one graphics settings with a resolution boost. Compared to ps4 pro there is a lot less foliage and it makes the planets seem a little barren. Surely this shouldn't be the case and it should be on par with ps4 pro.

I second this 

I have tried 6 other games that are xbox one x enhanced and when I start those games up they automatically switch my TV to HDR video mode and play them in 4k but outer worlds isn't doing thus I've tried everything possible even uninstalling the game and its still not working for 4k just leaves my display settings on standard I don't know what else to do it actually worked the first time I played it on my new xbox one x but now it's not doing it and I'm really not happy about it because unfortunately standard display settings is actually making the game look worse 😭

Surely there is something wrong with the graphics? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mattyayeit said:

I second this 

I have tried 6 other games that are xbox one x enhanced and when I start those games up they automatically switch my TV to HDR video mode and play them in 4k but outer worlds isn't doing thus I've tried everything possible even uninstalling the game and its still not working for 4k just leaves my display settings on standard I don't know what else to do it actually worked the first time I played it on my new xbox one x but now it's not doing it and I'm really not happy about it because unfortunately standard display settings is actually making the game look worse 😭

Surely there is something wrong with the graphics? 

That's normal as the game does not support hdr. What I am talking about is if you compare the game to the ps4 pro version there is a lot less detail such as small grass on open worlds and such. Making the ground look a lot less detailed and more barren. I believe it is because they took the base xbox version which is far weaker and cant handle the detail and didnt do anything to it except up the resolution. It's pretty annoying actually because a few developers have been doing this recently like with borderlands 3 and call of duty modern warfare. The one x is the most powerful console on the market yet the developers cant be bothered to use it to it's full potential.

The only gripe I have with The Outer Worlds is; When conversion with NPC's or my companions, my character is constantly aiming his weapon in their faces. This is immersion breaking IMO and it would be great if there was a fix for this issue. As far as performance goes, the game runs great on my PC. No crashes as of yet only minor stuttering in some areas. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Benn said:

That's normal as the game does not support hdr. What I am talking about is if you compare the game to the ps4 pro version there is a lot less detail such as small grass on open worlds and such. Making the ground look a lot less detailed and more barren. I believe it is because they took the base xbox version which is far weaker and cant handle the detail and didnt do anything to it except up the resolution. It's pretty annoying actually because a few developers have been doing this recently like with borderlands 3 and call of duty modern warfare. The one x is the most powerful console on the market yet the developers cant be bothered to use it to it's full potential.

Ah but If you do your research this game will only be 4k on the xbox one x as far as I've read from the developers etc, so not sure why it's not allowing it go into 4k..

1 hour ago, Mattyayeit said:

Ah but If you do your research this game will only be 4k on the xbox one x as far as I've read from the developers etc, so not sure why it's not allowing it go into 4k..

It is 4k. At least dynamic 4k. Hdr is not the same thing as 4k. Hdr just makes brighter whites and darker blacks essentially. 

Can you clarify on what quests or bugs you are fixing for the 'Companions dying and failing companion quests on modes other than Supernova' issue and all major bugs or once the patch is approved? It would help with future bugs to not be reported if fixed.

• Like 1