List of Common Issues and Suggestions

On 10/31/2019 at 4:42 PM, Estacey2019 said:

I suggest they 'fix' the visuals a bit - the game says I've docked with a ship, but when I look out the captain's window I'm yards away from any ship!
Computer says I've entered Orbit around a Planet.. but in fact I have actually landed on a pad!

If feels as if they were going to WRITE in a 'Star Trek' like Transporter  instead of a Docking Ramp..  Cause  even when it says I've landed, I look out the window and see the Planet! 

Beam me UP, DOWN  or all around!

Even at the beginning of the game, you look off towards the horizon and the ship or structure you are headed towards looks far away--but you traverse maybe 50 feet in the game down the path and look up and suddenly you are right on it as it looms gigantic!  It was bit shocking...;)

It's very well known that I don't make mistakes, so if you should stumble across the odd error here and there in what I have written, you may immediately deduce--quite correctly--that I did not write it... :biggrin:

The only overt graphical bug I've seen--graphics are very nice @ 4k--is a filtering line of demarcation that moves ahead of the player as he progresses.  It reminds me of bilinear filtering lines we'd see many years ago--I have a suspicion that this is an artifact relating to console optimization.  Increasing the draw distance to Ultra doesn't help.  Just want to report it, but I'm sure they've seen it and know exactly what it is--it's very noticeable. 

EDIT: Playing with a 5700XT and the 19.11.1 Adrenalins, and it's possible this may be an AMD driver issue--as the 19.9.x Adrenalins do not have that particular bug--However, the 19.11.1 drivers are so much better in this game than the 19.9.x in every way except for this particular bug, that it's much better to keep on playing with the 19.11.1...;)

Comments: Playing on a Zen 2 desktop system, I get no stutters and no crashes at all, but I have installed no mods as of yet, either.  Probably won't be able to do that until I buy the game--playing now on my xBox Game Pass for PC.  I can play for hours @ 4k full screen, all settings @ Ultra, save for motion blur (I turn it off), without a single crash.  Frame-rate is more than adequate and varies from a low of 35 fps to a high of ~70 fps--smooth sailing.  

Edited by waltc
Added info

It's very well known that I don't make mistakes, so if you should stumble across the odd error here and there in what I have written, you may immediately deduce--quite correctly--that I did not write it... :biggrin:

I recently faced an issue where I couldn't finish a quest because I wasn't able to talk with the NPC Dr. Wanda Dorsett for the Mission "Critical solutions".

I'm stuck at the point where you have to give her a report about the delivery, because when I talk to her, the only thing she says is: "Keep on hanging around and I get the feeling that you're here for me", and I can only respond with nothing and leave the conversation, but the quest marker is still above her head...

On 11/1/2019 at 10:12 AM, jromano said:

Love the game, but makes me sick to play.

Please fix the blurry/grainy graphics (seems to be the worst on Xbox One), I feel like I'm squinting to see and read everything, it's very exhausting. 

its looks great on my TCL 6 Series 55 Inch. I play on the Xbox One X as well. but the lettering is way too small. Every tablet i have to get up to read it. Wish that the tablets had audio voice logs too. 

There is a huge issue in the BOLT with his name quest where if you access the terminal beforehand in the ARMs building then you can't access the files later on basically bugging the quest and now it has ruined days of progress for me leaving me to either ruin this entire play through of mine or start a new game again and go through all this stuff just to get around 1 bug

• Like 3

Has anyone had an issue with the Balance Due main quest?

I did a ton of side questing, but it doesnt show up as botched. I got the seal from Gladys, and when i select the quest, the quest marker still points to Udom, but when i open dialogue with him, theres no longer an option to turn over Phineas. Is this bugged? Does it just stay open? Did i make some major diverging choice i wasnt aware of?  This is just driving me crazy. I cant roll back 23-odd hours of gameplay.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Em... didn't seen "moving skybox" in this list. This causing motion sicknes and looks very strange by design.

Also , about FOV:

In ALL (i mean literally 100% of first-person games for last 20 years), when you toggle sprint/run FOV is INCREASES to give more "feeling of speed".

In TOW, when you toggle sprint FOV is DESCREASES... i don't know what for. To me it's a mistake or, at least, a very strange desicion, maded by man of women, who never ever played in first-person games.

Consider to fix this by INCREASING FOV when sprinting by 5-7% (e.g. selected FOV is 75 and sprint FOV is 80, and so on).

Edited by Phenomenum

Please investigate the stutter on PC.

You can improve it by capping framerate via Rivatuner (it gets much worse with in-game limiter) but it's still not there. For me it's fairly constant, and this is on a 2080. It even occurs when cappng to 60. This occurs everywhere but is especially bad outside and in towns. It occurs on most if not all configurations - check out the Reset Era PC performance thread for TOW, about 25 pages and most users report stutter. 

• Like 1

Oh, another one:

Please, consider to adjust Anisotropic filtering from x8 to x16 on Ultra textures quality setting on PC. It cost literally nothing in therms of performance, and if player choosing Ultra textures quality, he wants the best possible quality (yeah, it's a logical conclusion).

For now, i forced to adjust AF via config file – seems like a non-friendly approach. :lol:

Cheers and thank you for interesting game. Keep up the good work!

Edited by Phenomenum

18 hours ago, waltc said:

The only overt graphical bug I've seen--graphics are very nice @ 4k--is a filtering line of demarcation that moves ahead of the player as he progresses.  It reminds me of bilinear filtering lines we'd see many years ago--I have a suspicion that this is an artifact relating to console optimization.  Increasing the draw distance to Ultra doesn't help.  Just want to report it, but I'm sure they've seen it and know exactly what it is--it's very noticeable. 

Edited by Estacey2019

24 minutes ago, Phenomenum said:

Oh, another one:

Please, consider to adjust Anisotropic filtering from x8 to x16 on Ultra textures quality setting on PC. It cost literally nothing in therms of performance, and if player choosing Ultra textures quality, he wants the best possible quality (yeah, it's a logical conclusion).

For now, i forced to adjust AF via config file – seems like a non-friendly approach. :lol:

Cheers and thank you for interesting game. Keep up the good work!

Edited by Estacey2019

have they came out with a fix or workaround for the constant crashing on pc? I've reinstalled the epic launcher, updated drivers, made sure nothing was corrupt with windows 10, checked for malware/viruses and still constant crashing. I'm not one to complain but when you pay $60 for a full game and you can't even play at all it's pretty upsetting. Hell, I'd be fine if the game crashed every couple of hours, I just want to play and make some progress. There are games that are early-access with more stability smh..

Hi I love this game but please can an option be patched to customise the HUD. There is so much unnecessary clutter. The game looks so much better with no HUD, but you can’t play it as there is no weapon reticle or destination markers.

Please give us the option to customise the hud so we can just have reticle, Health, destination market etc.  

20 hours ago, Ridebird said:

Please investigate the stutter on PC.

I've got absolutely no stutter, one of the smoothest games I've played with FPS ranging between 60 and above 100 - all settings ultra or high except shadows at low, running a Vega64.

Could it be you're experiencing mouse stutter? Reducing the polling rate might help that.

I play on Windows 10 PC with keyboard and mouse, bought from the Epic store.

Bugs:

• A companion's unique perk will be permanently removed when you respec and you instead get one additional perk point for that companion.
  • Armor skill mods doesn't work on your companions. Only the base armor bonus skills apply.
  • Not sure if this one is a bug, but is it intentional that the backpack utility armor mod doesn't work for companions? If it is, can you make it 25% effective so it only adds 5 kgs per companion?
  • When moving stuff around your inventory manually, the modification circle visual on items bugs out. When I swap the position of a body armor with a helmet, the helmet gets the modification circle visual. When you swap the positions of weapons, it also bugs out but the reverse happens. I kept on moving a weapon with only 1 mod possible around until all my weapons only had 1 modification circle visually. Transitioning to a different area fixes the bug.
  • Visual UI bug when consuming a consumable that reduces the cooldown of companion abilities. When you go to their status effect to check and hover over what it does, it doesn't display the correct information. It only displays the previously hovered skill/perk/etc.
  • When you junk an equipment and then restore it back, the inventory of your companion will not recognize that. You have to wear it first for it to be equippable again by your companions.

Suggestions:

• An option to disable the cut scene that happens when using companion abilities. It slows down combat too much when you have a lot of cooldown reduction and use it multiple times in a fight. And your other companion gets to continue moving during the cut scene and the enemies just sit there and get shot or mauled.
  • The game gets too easy later on, even on supernova. Maybe have an option that lets enemies scale based on your level and/or give enemies perks depending on difficulty.
  • When using the workbench, repair all equipped items should include companions. Also an option to repair all items in the inventory. 
  • Add a storage chest near the workbench on the ship or let us store mods directly on the ship workbench and use the mods from there without having to retrieve it.
  • Field repair is tedious to use on your companions, you have to unequip the item and then navigate back to your own inventory screen in order to repair it. I should be able to repair it directly.
  • You cannot sort items that are stored. I had a hard time looking for specific mods later on when my storage chest had a lot.
  • Custom markers with different colors to place on the map for backtracking.

Thank you everyone for your continued reports. We have been working hard to get them into the system for review and we will continue to work on what has been reported and any new bug reports or suggestions you have for The Outer Worlds.

As mentioned previously, you can also report anything you post here to our publishing partner, Private Division. They have been busy with gathering more information where needed and adding the reports for review, and we are so grateful for their help in this. You can email them here: support@privatedivision.com.

Thank you again, and as we have information regarding any of the reports we are seeing we will share them with you.

• Like 1