List of Common Issues and Suggestions

Greetings everyone,

We would like to thank everyone who has taken the time to report issues and suggestions for the The Outer Worlds. We are working on compiling everything to share with the team for review.

At this time I would like to share with you a list of the more common issues and suggestions we are seeing reported. 

List of common issues and suggestions:

• Various game crashes
  • Font size increase
  • Center reticle
  • FOV adjustment
  • Multiple quest indicators on map
  • Custom waypoints
  • Ability to disable kill cams
  • Disable companion attack cinematics
  • PC remapping support
  • Item comparison ability while looting
  • Adding inventory filters/sorting abilities
  • Changing the appearance of Pristine equipment
  • Adding weight and limit information in vendors
  • Adding survival meters to the consumables page
  • Stronger outlines for workbenches
  • Auto-run ability
  • Weapon not staying holstered during dialogue
  • Widescreen support
  • Toggle headbob
  • Separate aiming sensitivities
  • Toggle chromatic aberration 
  • Companions dying and failing companion quests on modes other than Supernova

The team is currently investing these and other reported instances. We will update you once we know more regarding our next steps.

Thank you, and please continue to let us know if you have any other issues or suggestions to report.

Edit: 

Thank you for the new posts, we appreciate the additional reports as they are helping us tremendously. I do want to let you know that you may also email our publishing partner, Private Division, at support@privatedivision.com. This will help ensure that your specific issue or suggestion is in their queue which allows us to prioritize requests in order to provide the fastest possible turn around time.

We apologize again and thank you all for your patience while we work on these issues.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2

I suggest they 'fix' the visuals a bit - the game says I've docked with a ship, but when I look out the captain's window I'm yards away from any ship!
Computer says I've entered Orbit around a Planet.. but in fact I have actually landed on a pad!

If feels as if they were going to WRITE in a 'Star Trek' like Transporter  instead of a Docking Ramp..  Cause  even when it says I've landed, I look out the window and see the Planet! 

Beam me UP, DOWN  or all around!

• Like 1

not sure if this has been mentioned or not, but im on PC through the gamepass. when my game starts to crash upon opening dialog, or moving into a specific area, i can usually temporarily fix it by restarting my computer. so far this has given me several hours of play time w/o crashes. but eventually it starts to crash again, this time in a different area.

• Like 1

Thank you all for continuing to post here and on these forums. We are hard at work evaluating everything that is coming in. Once I have a better understanding on the actions we be taking I will share them. I am sorry to see that some of these issues have been preventing you from enjoying the game, but we will continue to investigate these reports as they come in.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Regarding Supernova Difficulty suggestions:

• Harder Supernova - at the moment it is not that difficult
  • Additional options toggleable (custom difficulty)
  • Make every additional option also available in other difficulties
  • Add an option to make adreno work like stimpacks in New Vegas in hardcore mode (like 10-15 seconds to heal the same amount of HP) 
  • Add an option to prevent instant companion killing. Something like bleed-out timer after battle or make them un-killable for first 3 times. Each time give a debuff, then inform the player that next take-down will cause death of the companion. POE2 style.
  • Hunger/Thirst/Sleep is activating way to fast. Its like 80-85% at the moment, which is kind of fast and annoying. Move it to somewhere around 60%
  • Add sliders to Damage done by player/Damage done to player
  • An option to reduce amount of loot in containers (% as a slider - amount of ammo is just ridiculous)
  • Companions use ammo

Regular stuff:

• AI needs improvements
  • Where are granades? 😛

Bugs:

• Backup mod on armor doesn't work on companions

Edited by fxluk
  • Like 1

I play on the PS4.  Outside what's already been listed, I would like the ability to remap the controller entirely.  Some of the default controls don't fit my play style and I would like to be able to play my way for the full experience.  I'm sure I'm not the only person who agrees with this.

• Like 3

Thank you for the new posts, we appreciate the additional reports as they are helping us tremendously. I do want to let you know that you may also email our publishing partner, Private Division, at support@privatedivision.com. This will help ensure that your specific issue or suggestion is in their queue which allows us to prioritize requests in order to provide the fastest possible turn around time.

We apologize again and thank you all for your patience while we work on these issues.

• Like 1

On 10/31/2019 at 3:12 PM, Shyla said:

Adding inventory filters/sorting abilities

I know there are game breaking bugs that should take priority, but a qol suggestion for later. To expand on the inventory ideas, I would love the ability to lock items in my inventory so they do not appear in my sell window in a vending machine or merchant's interface. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Abracatastrophe said:

I'm still unable to save. Regardless of difficulty level there are no auto or manual saves. Hoping to hear something on this soon. I'm really excited to play this game and even more excited to never have to play the beginning again.

Did you see this thread?

People there have reported a degree of success fixing the issue you're having. See if their fixes work for you?

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

I try to enter a room during the final quest (Labyrinth), it looks like a ?Theater? viewing type room (I would give you a better description but I can't set foot into it).

The minute I walk in my Xbox locks up, stutters for about 5 seconds and I get kicked all the way out of the game. All the way.

Platform: Xbox One

Area: Labyrinth, Tartarus, The Pit (I believe)

Room: Viewing Room? 

Issue: Xbox locks up, stutters for about 5 seconds and then kicks you out of the game completely. 

Occurrence: Every time.

Result: I can't play the game. I can't go forward in the main story. The game is dead. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I was trying to wrap up side quests on Monarch, and noticed that several of them were listed as completed that I had not even touched.

The best example is "Slaghterhouse Clive". I noticed that the C&P faction was listed in my character tab, but that I hadn't affected it at all. I poked around and saw that the related quest was grayed out and claimed that I had completed the 'compromise' option, but I had no recollection of the quest, and when I went to the C&P Boarst Factory, it was completely unlooted (I'm pretty thorough about looting), all doors were unopened, none of the NPCs were hostile (as I assume they are meant to be on first entering), Clive's dialogue options were not grayed out, etc. Curiously, many of the terminals had options grayed out as if I'd selected them before, but I hadn't.

Something similar happened with the Little Memento quest--it is listed as completed, but I have no recollection of doing so and the lockbox is still in my inventory (which I assume it should not be if it was given to Ash).

I can't be sure when the false 'completions' happened as I did not have a save far back enough to when they weren't.

Edited by Blunderbutt

Have emailed Private Division also; am experiencing the Radio Free Monarch quest bug where, after asking you to get her caffenoid, the only dialogue option available is to leave the conversation meaning I'm unable to progress the quest.

• Thanks 1