Can I unzip game files and edit-redone the graphics?

Hi, there.
I LOVE this game. It "feels" like Fallout 4, but is "years of light" FAR BETTER. In FO4, even if I super-modded it, I was so bored and uninstalled it in a couple weeks!

This here, I love it a lot.

As texture artist modder (I've done many graphics/textures for Skyrim SE, I have my own site for it: lhmods.com), I want to start "playing" with the game's graphics.
Is it possible to somehow open the game's files (like the BSA extractor for FO4 & SSE) and edit the textures?

Regards to all and good gaming in OW!

I can't tear into my own install to look because I don't have ownership of my gamepass install, but I understand that the pak files aren't encrypted so you may be able to use unrealpak or quickbms to unpack the .pak files and then the assets are stored in uasset files... I'd try to be more helpful but hopefully this gives you a place to start looking?

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Ommamar said:

There are already mods released on Nexus with most I have seen (haven't looked in a couple of days) having to do with graphic adjustments, so probably won't be to hard to do.

From what I've seen they're all mostly .ini tweaks, there is a lot you can change in a UE game through .ini files. Still, since Obsidian didn't encrypt the pak files it seems likely they wouldn't have made anything more difficult than it needs to be for the community. To what extent the community can expand what is on offer remains to be seen but I'm often amazed by what is accomplished by mod developers.

1 hour ago, Ommamar said:

There are already mods released on Nexus with most I have seen (haven't looked in a couple of days) having to do with graphic adjustments, so probably won't be to hard to do.

Almost all mods on Nexus are ini tweaks and Re-Shade presets. Nothing else.

5 hours ago, lupus_hegemonia said:

Almost all mods on Nexus are ini tweaks and Re-Shade presets. Nothing else.

I hadn't looked at them to closely as I generally don't mod a game until I have completed it.  At least there seems to be interest in modding the game and some have taken the time to release something on Nexus even if they are just ini tweaks and Re-shades.

15 hours ago, Devilangel58 said:

I also believe this depends where you purchased the game. From what I have been readin, if you bought it on Epic you can do some adjusting.

If you bought this through Microsoft you have no abilities to adjust any folders. I could be wrong but I think that's the consensus?

Yes, from Epic Launcher I got it.

10 hours ago, Ommamar said:

I hadn't looked at them to closely as I generally don't mod a game until I have completed it.  At least there seems to be interest in modding the game and some have taken the time to release something on Nexus even if they are just ini tweaks and Re-shades.

I used to do that, but after my super-duper dependency to Skyrim SE modding, I stared modding all games from scratch.

For example, I started to see the "Kingdom Come: Deviance" and when I started modding it... oh boy, it was EVEN MORE FANTASTIC as it was before! So, why not enjoy it EVEN more (with mods)?

6 hours ago, lupus_hegemonia said:

I used to do that, but after my super-duper dependency to Skyrim SE modding, I stared modding all games from scratch.

For example, I started to see the "Kingdom Come: Deviance" and when I started modding it... oh boy, it was EVEN MORE FANTASTIC as it was before! So, why not enjoy it EVEN more (with mods)?

I adds mod as a way to increase replayability but I like to see the designers vision then change what I don't like or add in options that I feel would broaden/refine the systems.