Praise And QOL suggestions

First off cheers on a well rounded product, worked out of the box so to speak and engaging. I spent 10 minutes looking at the front end screen, reminded me of a space program I watched as a child when my Father bought our first television, Space 1999. I never spend time looking at the front screen. Secondly a big cheers to the music department the oboes? followed by what I like to call a little bit of James Bond's "GoldFinger". I never listen to music in any game.

You could milk this for years releasing chapters, new factions, robust crafting etc. This could be the last game I ever buy :)

Quality of life suggestions:

* Toggle aim.

* Custom map markers.

* Headlamp/Flashlight.

* Telescope/binoculars.

* Raise jump by 5% ?

* Raise first person height by 5%?

* Toggle aim. :)

* Toolbar/hotbar for consumables, and for all the crafting consumables to come. :)

Again cheers great product,

Champlain.

Edited by Champlain
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Toggle Aim? What do you mean?

So far visibility even at night time hasn't been an issue so why would you need a light source?

Binoculars for certain builds would be nice but for the moment you can put a scope on quite a few guns that you can slot just to be able to glass over an area.

If you spec into dodge jump becomes a lot more useful.

The consumables are kind of interesting as you can slot them to tie in with your healing effect.  Most useful on the short duration ones but you do have activate the healing effect to use them, so far I have not even come close to running out of the healing syringes.

A slider to choose the first person view height would be a good addition to the graphic  options.

Map markers would be a great edition as I often don't have the picks to get into an area or find it to hard when I first find it on the map.

Personally the biggest QOL thing would be an auto move.

The binoculars are more of an RP thing for me.  I like using them in games even though I almost always have a scoped weapon. Also, in most games the scope sway is more harsh than in TOW.  Maybe it is just past habits that make me love having a pair on me.

As to the head lamp, I have been in a few areas (very few) where I thought a light would help.  It would also help designers with options if there are any DLC or expansions on the horizon. 

14 hours ago, Wormerine said:

Hold/toggle to aim downsites I assume.

As my right mouse misfunctions I would appreciate it as well. That, or I need to finally open my mouse and tinker with the mechanism to fix it 😂

I have not tried it as my mouse works fine but can you not choose another key for it?  I ask because I know some of the keys aren't remappable (can go in the wtf is this in a 2019 game pile), and I can't currently bring up the game to look.

I agree with most of the OP, especially the first-person height. Apparently, we're viewing the game through a body cam. I would also add:

• The graphics options need to be expanded. One should not need to edit an ini file to disable motion blur or chromatic aberration (the latter not being disabled by default is a flaw, not a feature).
  • First-person should be optional. There's no logic to a character creator if you don't get to see your character aside from being idle for a minute or so.

Map scroll is soooo SLOOOW.  I am on an XBox scorpio, the load time on to a map is crazy. Pre Load it .  and then speed up the cursor on maps. It is unaffected by sensitivity settings.

Why use such small fonts. Please add option to increase.  I have 74" 4K TV, using an XBox. You have so much screen to use and there is tiny writing every were. The dull gray comments in weapons are almost unreadable on a black background using the inventory screen . Just have a look on a TV in a sunlit, or bright room with lights on.  

Gray squawk subtitles is crappy UI design. You chose to switch them on. How About a color and size option. I don't want to shake the house with my stereo turned up when the family is in bed. Try playing the game, with the sound off or Muted.  With low sound levels, not Headphones, but open lounge room on the couch, then you use  squawk subtitles, to get extra details like companion enemy spotting, or enemies cleared clues. 

GOOD-> Don't balance the FUN factor with Modded weapons. Heavy weapons can be OP. 2000 DPS, for yourself and 1500 DPS per companions  (one Plasma, one shock) melts every thing so much fun running around without a care in the world. 

8 hours ago, daven said:

Absolutely hoping third person gets added. As soon as I got to gameplay and moved around my head started spinning and felt horrible.

Damn it all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why does this happen?!?

Have you tried adjusting your field of view? Not as good solution as third person but might help with your struggle a little bit.