Are there any plans to add proper saving???

Hi

I started playing the game, it is good and I enjoy the start

but quickly saw that there is no option to save

I am not on an age where I can play video games all day

last night I needed to go to a meeting and my entire progress got destroyed because of it.

I already asked for a Refund from Epic Games

will purchase it once there is Save ability in game

EDIT - I did not know its only an issue with Supernova... 

well it means I won't play supernova then (I do suggest that you will atleast enable a Save & Quit Iron Man style Save game

so that if after a Long session you need to leave your PC your progress won't go down the drain)

Edited by mortos
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Mikeymoonshine said:

It's only on supernova difficulty that you are not able to save, that's part of the difficulty setting.

It is all right there in a pop up so you didn't pay attention well enough.  There is also already a mod out on Nexus that allows you to use saves while playing Super Nova.

7 hours ago, imitenotbecrazy said:

Not in Supernova, scrub

Every time you transition areas it auto saves.  OR OR you could fast travel to your ship from pretty much anywhere at ANY time and save your game.

Calling someone names because you don't like your options or are unaware that you had options speaks volumes about you.

Edited by Criimson
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Autosave every time PRIOR to entering a new zone. So if you know the nearest zone to you, just go there even if it means running back a safe route to a load zone.

As mentioned, fast travel enabled only to ship, you can manually save there. Problem is you need to run back (I did not see autosave prior to fast travel, so if that's true, then there you go, even better, though I prefer to run to the nearest load zone to be honest, safer and easier).

Certain other special cases there is autosaves, but I don't know them all. I think one is right after you level up and save you skill/perk points. Something I noticed when I respec. Didn't test, so I am unsure.

I think under some cases of talking with your companions. Note, I mean some as it may only activate when doing their quest and have quest related dialog be completed?

Again, not sure I haven't tested or bothered paying attention to since the first two autosave options are easier.

4 hours ago, Selnor1983 said:

Supernova is no saving. If you mod a save in it. Your cheating. 

🤨 Cheating what? It's a single player game.
What if someone is interested in sleep/hunger/thirst meter but not in limited saves?

If I knew such mode exists I would do just that.

• Like 1

Yeah, I'd be fine if I had to pay as much as 5k base price for ... Spacer's Choice Smelling Salts to revive my companions in Supernova, but it's more than a little tedious to lose several minutes or more progress because an ally decided that they should run around a corner and expose themselves to all the enemies in the world instead of trying to actually take cover and rub their two functional brain cells together hoping for friction. I love the banter of companions, and anchoring them behind me where they're safe prevents me from hearing it. The fact that it's either have companion permadeath and greater needs or have neither ATM is more than a little frustrating.

You may as well tell someone drinking coffee any way but black is cheating, you're entitled to your idea I guess, but I don't have to agree with you either.

44 minutes ago, Wormerine said:

🤨 Cheating what? It's a single player game.
What if someone is interested in sleep/hunger/thirst meter but not in limited saves?

If I knew such mode exists I would do just that.

Cause it's part of the Supernova difficulty. It has more survival elements. I find it very strange moaning about a difficulty setting. Basically saying I don't want it to be this hard. Lol. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Selnor1983 said:

I find it very strange moaning about a difficulty setting.

Or one might ask for a more flexible difficulty settings. Why not have limited saves and survival as additional toggles?

I want experience I will enjoy and limited saves aren't interesting to me. 

8 hours ago, Selnor1983 said:

Supernova is no saving. If you mod a save in it. Your cheating. 

Supernova has lots of saving without mods. I do not have any mods running and the aforementioned saving works. It literally says in the description for Supernova that you can do 3 things only with your ship: fast travel to your ship, sleep in your ship and save in your ship.  The rest of saves are when you transition zones.

I find Fast Travel cheesy in all games. The only time I’ll use it is when I’m playing with other people. Solo I don’t. No matter the game or difficulty. Another thing I don’t use is cheesy mods. Lol! I don’t like cheating myself outta something. It’s bad. Mods are so bad. What the point of even taking an option and then making it easier and bragging about finishing it. But you didn’t! Without mods you couldn’t! LMOA! Get back to Normal mode!