I am unsure if anyone else experienced this as I didn't find it.

First, I 'completed' The Distress Signal quest. Quotations because I tried to attempt this in different combinations and got the same result no matter what.

I could lie about a tech turn in with LIE and SCIENCE, turn in the other 2 secrets to finish the quest.

But wait, that's 3 secrets given to Gladys - I don't get the NavKey and I prefer NOT to spend 10k bits...

Reload.

Try again, this time DON'T lie. All 3 secrets turned in. Still no NavKey... Well I already slaughtered everybody in one universe, may as well kill her to get frustrations out.

Reload.

Tried again, selecting different dialog options to help out on selling one tech (where you don't lie), then the other 2 secrets. Still no Navkey...

Reload.

Writing up a bug report because it seems like I have no choice but to spend the 10k bits for the key, despite doing her quest for her... I'm starting to think to turn it in to the corporation since I am getting nothing but her reputation and money.. Why do that when I can get corporate reputation and money instead? Better deal with them than her (Well, I don't know money-wise, something I can look up though).

Maybe through some cheesing I can steal the NavKey, that may be the only choice I may have - perhaps buying a respec just to get past this then buying another respec to undo it. Waste of bits but most likely less than 10k. Luckily the game doesn't make money hard to get.

Also: I did restart the game but it didn't fix it. Forgot to mention that as I reloaded several times.

You're never given the key, you are supposed to do those quests and return the items to her which she than buys from you or you can turn in the items to their owners for reward also. One of these even yields a unique gun. 10k bits is nothing later in the game, don't worry about it and buy the key. 

32 minutes ago, Devilangel58 said:

I am unsure if anyone else experienced this as I didn't find it.

First, I 'completed' The Distress Signal quest. Quotations because I tried to attempt this in different combinations and got the same result no matter what.

I could lie about a tech turn in with LIE and SCIENCE, turn in the other 2 secrets to finish the quest.

But wait, that's 3 secrets given to Gladys - I don't get the NavKey and I prefer NOT to spend 10k bits...

Reload.

Try again, this time DON'T lie. All 3 secrets turned in. Still no NavKey... Well I already slaughtered everybody in one universe, may as well kill her to get frustrations out.

Reload.

Tried again, selecting different dialog options to help out on selling one tech (where you don't lie), then the other 2 secrets. Still no Navkey...

Reload.

Writing up a bug report because it seems like I have no choice but to spend the 10k bits for the key, despite doing her quest for her... I'm starting to think to turn it in to the corporation since I am getting nothing but her reputation and money.. Why do that when I can get corporate reputation and money instead? Better deal with them than her (Well, I don't know money-wise, something I can look up though).

Maybe through some cheesing I can steal the NavKey, that may be the only choice I may have - perhaps buying a respec just to get past this then buying another respec to undo it. Waste of bits but most likely less than 10k. Luckily the game doesn't make money hard to get.

Also: I did restart the game but it didn't fix it. Forgot to mention that as I reloaded several times.

Did you give her all the quest items that you got from Rose weld or whatever the place is called? If she's to give you the navkey you have to give her all 3 items you find for the quests in the scientists place and not give them to the scientists. 

So if you didnt give her all those items and just told her about what you've done there the only choices you have are to buy the navkey or land in the danger zone on Monarch

3 minutes ago, nize2864 said:

Did you give her all the quest items that you got from Rose weld or whatever the place is called? If she's to give you the navkey you have to give her all 3 items you find for the quests in the scientists place and not give them to the scientists. 

So if you didnt give her all those items and just told her about what you've done there the only choices you have are to buy the navkey or land in the danger zone on Monarch

3c4e5a51e12ef58863fa75666b9d1323.png

Yep! Got them all, after I sell them to her it says "removed from inventory" and then the quest log shows that I sold it to her. Even checked inventory and I assume it is the three respective research/schematics that you find.

I wanted to update this:

I respec my character to pickpocket Gladys and she has nothing in her inventory. In other words, no key to the safe.

I can pick the safe but there is no NavKey either:

6798c4816c606fe7268daaf0cd808cd4.png

I do get an Official Seal however.

Would reinstalling the game be a potential fix? There is only one way for me to get the NavKey and that is to purchase it.

Yes, I know bits are easy to come by but it looked like there should be multiple ways of completing this but there is only one solution. I'm not sure if I'm looking at the quest wrong and seeing how much effort Obsidian put into literally every aspect of the game, I wanted to be sure what I am experiencing is a bug. Maybe there is a certain quest order to do things in and I reached the boundary where the NavKey disappears expecting to be turned in? Even though when I do I have to pay for the NavKey.

I can also now load up the save prior to 40 sneak considering I don't really need to grab this anymore. Plus 40 sneak seems to give me no sneak damage so it's a waste of points to spec into for my character. Actually, I'm gonna cheese the game, steal the official seal then respec my character for 1000 bits while intimidating off the spacers. Win-Win.

Perhaps I should first reinstall then try again and if it results the same I'll do what I can.

MissingKey.jpg

Final Update:

Reinstalled the game and this didn't fix anything. This may be just my case and my game, hopefully others don't experience this bug!

Only considering it a bug since other places have stated there are other ways to complete this quest such as stealing or turning in 3 secrets. Regardless, I turned in the secrets and stole the official seal. Gonna respec my character once more and work up to 10k bits to buy the nav key. I could work without it, but I want the nav key.

Thought edit: actually, one last thing, I noticed I can get the FORCE gun after selling the schematics. Maybe there is a way to grab the gun too for this quest? Not sure.

Edited by Devilangel58

• 2 weeks later...

Gonna up this one, since I got similar problem. Basically the 3 rare items can give you this much:

- 7000, if you give them all to Gladys directly.
- 9750 of which from Gladys are 6000, if you manage to deal something with the scientists & give the rest to Gladys.

And stealing, killing, etc won't give you any Navkey. At all.

• 4 months later...

I guess this is not a bug or still hasn't been fixed? I turned in all 3 and still have to pay 10k? Seems like a bug or just poorly worded. I even respec'd to get 86 persuasion so I could see if that persuasion check would grant me the nav key but nope.