Saved games gone...

Hi there,

this is not funny. Lost 2 manual saved games. Seems to be the epic cloud here to be the key to this issue. How to go on playing, when i expect the saves to vanish after hours of playing? Im dissatisfied, to keep it polite. Besides, playing offline doesnt fix it.

Edited by Wilmots

Happens on the microsoft gamepass version too, I don't know if the issue is only with epic cloud. I think it's an outer worlds technical issue. Sorry you had to lose all your stuff and I hope you can get a refund.

• Like 1

This is ridiculous now. Started a new character, played until lvl 8 and my manual files from yesterday are gone??? No way! I want some serious help now! Thank you!

Ok then had to start offline and reload them into the cloud, i will never purchase on epic again.

Edited by Wilmots

Is there any chance that you've moved your Windows profile to another location other than default? Maybe you're syncing your profile folders to OneDrive?

It appears that the game has an issue, as I discovered, and until I restored my 'Saved Games' folder to its default location, my saves kept vanishing, too.

So, to fix....

Locate your Saved Games folder, wherever it may be, which should contain a The Outer Worlds folder.

Right-click on the Saved Games folder itself, choose Properties and then Location. Click the Restore Default and it will reset it back to C:\Users\YOURPROFILE\Saved Games. When you click Okay, it will attempt to move the existing files to the Default location. If it cannot move The Outer Worlds folder, you may need to delete it before it can be restored to default.

The saves should then work properly from that point forward. I could not get my older lost saves back.