Crashing to desktop as soon as I enter the room with the chairman in it

Am having the EXACT same problem. Am on a PC rather than a console device. 

I open the door, I see the chairman, there's a brief stutter, and then: WHAMMO! Straight to the desktop! 

23 hours ago, Gom_Jabber said:

I tried a variety of methods. You have to either open fire on Chairman Rockwell from outside the door or go round the back. Luckily for console players neither solution requires any fiddling with game files.

Tried that method multiple times and it didn't work for me (on Xbox One X). Only method that actually worked was removing the companions from party. Zero crashing when entering the room solo. Was also using those same two companions. 

Note this was on supernova, so I had to reload from the autosave a couple floor downs each attempt. 

Edited by PIP-Clownboy

7 minutes ago, PIP-Clownboy said:

Tried that method multiple times and it didn't work for me (on Xbox One X). Only method that actually worked was removing the companions from party. Zero crashing when entering the room solo. Was also using those same two companions. 

Note this was on supernova, so I had to reload from the autosave a couple floor downs each attempt. 

I can confirm that letting my companions go through the door first and letting them unleash salvos and taking out the chairman does work as a work-around on the PC.