Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Definitely agree the main quest line should have been longer. But as you said, all the content that we got is extremely good. 

Even though the game is somewhat on the short side, overall I enjoyed my first play through very much. 

Also, remember that there are a number of side quests to do. I'm sure I missed quite a few of them myself. Part of the reason I finished a bit prematurely is because I was really anxious to see the ending.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, the_dog_days said:

I did everything but one quest and it took me 35 hours, which is a good time for an rpg. In fact, a decade ago 35 hours was around the industry standard for rpg run times.

Average completion time for JUST the main quest of Fallout 3 was around 24 hours. Outer Worlds isn't even half that. It's a short story by any standards

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, imitenotbecrazy said:

Average completion time for JUST the main quest of Fallout 3 was around 24 hours. Outer Worlds isn't even half that. It's a short story by any standards

Anyone comparing this fine game to the turd that is Oblivion with Guns can't be taken seriously. 

  • Confused 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, gloomseeker said:

Anyone comparing this fine game to the turd that is Oblivion with Guns can't be taken seriously. 

You can try to invalidate my fact with your opinion but that doesn't make this game any better or longer. It's a mediocre RPG that won't stand the test of time like those "turds". 

  • Like 1
  • Gasp! 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, imitenotbecrazy said:

You can try to invalidate my fact with your opinion but that doesn't make this game any better or longer. It's a mediocre RPG that won't stand the test of time like those "turds". 

Keep praising the looking for daddy excuse for a game that is Oblivion with Guns, you're just making my point. 

  • Confused 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, imitenotbecrazy said:

Oh I'm sorry, did you not realize Outer Worlds is a giant fetch quest?

When you're tired of playing looking for Daddy you can switch to Skyrim with guns and start playing looking for the misplaced son. 

If Bethesda's Fallout 3 is what you consider good writing then rest my case. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, gloomseeker said:

When you're tired of playing looking for Daddy you can switch to Skyrim with guns and start playing looking for the misplaced son. 

If Bethesda's Fallout 3 is what you consider good writing then rest my case. 

No one ever said anything about writing. The conversation is about how short this games is, keep up

Link to post
Share on other sites

This was a better game than Skyrim and FO3/4 but not by very much. Honestly I'm a bit disappointed in Obsidian, but not surprised, this is what happens when you are beholden to some giant corporations to make your product a reality. Just look at the splash screens for a hint at some of the committee that had to be satisfied with every part of this game before they'd risk their release.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, imitenotbecrazy said:

No one ever said anything about writing. The conversation is about how short this games is, keep up

The moment you start bringing up the main quest of Fallout 3 as a reference that should be emulated is the moment when writing comes into question.

If you think that Fallout 3 is up to par when it comes to writing then your standards are incredibly low. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, gloomseeker said:

The moment you start bringing up the main quest of Fallout 3 as a reference that should be emulated is the moment when writing comes into question.

If you think that Fallout 3 is up to par when it comes to writing then your standards are incredibly low. 

I could have used New Vegas as the benchmark for main quest time, but that would have made Outer Worlds look even worse since it's longer. Not sure what more you need to understand about me not comparing writing here. Outer Worlds is short, compared to ANY game Obsidian themselves have done. There, does that make you happier? 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, imitenotbecrazy said:

Amazing that the sheer mentioning of a Beth game makes you guys quiver with anger and stupidity HAHAHAHAHA

Just now, imitenotbecrazy said:

I could have used New Vegas as the benchmark for main quest time, but that would have made Outer Worlds look even worse since it's longer. Not sure what more you need to understand about me not comparing writing here. Outer Worlds is short, compared to ANY game Obsidian themselves have done. There, does that make you happier? 

I'm not moved by what you're posting since I don't really care about your opinion. 

I can finish the original Fallout in less than an hour and it doesn't change the fact that it's still the best game I've ever played. 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, gloomseeker said:

I'm not moved by what you're posting since I don't really care about your opinion. 

I can finish the original Fallout in less than an hour and it doesn't change the fact that it's still the best game I've ever played. 

Plug your ears and shut the **** up then

 

Absolutely useless to the conversation

Edited by imitenotbecrazy
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, gloomseeker said:

I salute your ability to bring up constructive arguments and shed a new light on the topic at hand. Well done! 

I brought up two actual comparisons to the topic. You've cried that bethesda hurt you and you don't like their writing (off topic). There's been zero reason to continue a real argument because you aren't even in it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Bare minimum for me is a 40-hour RPG.  I had over 300 hours in Skyrim (not counting the time with the 80 or so mods I enjoyed playing with--the mods made the crucial difference in Skyrim)--well over a 150 in Witcher 3, etc.  Of course, this is assuming the game is of a quality that will keep me playing for that amount of time....which is pretty rare, admittedly. ...;)  I'll be playing this one and making up my own mind as soon as I can coax the Microsoft store *cough* to actually download the game and let me play it via the xBox Game Pass for PC--oh, joy...;)

Edited by waltc
  • Like 1

It's very well known that I don't make mistakes, so if you should stumble across the odd error here and there in what I have written, you may immediately deduce--quite correctly--that I did not write it... :biggrin:

Link to post
Share on other sites

I've played 26 hours so far. I feel I'm playing at a normal pace. I have only just got to Stellar Bay in the last 4 hours. And have about 12 quests open. I can't see me finishing this anywhere before 40 hours. 

I don't really see how I can play it any faster. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...