Last mission, silent approach please.

Beat the game on supernova, but last mission in prison is just stupid. Here is my char, sneaking past all guards, carefully hiding in maintenance holes and behind conveniently placed crates, trying not to kill Board's members without a reason, and BOOOM - our damn compatriots from colonies just rushing rrrrright up, killing everyone, ruining sneaking in. I mean, my char is at max level, he can butcher entire prison, solo, and don't need help from some interlopers who is ruining sneaking around. What is the point of even having sneak route through the prison, if in the end "helpers" will just bust in and ruin everything. Not critical "bug" but surely un-intentional comical when you spend 10+ min trying to find a route, to sneak in without killing nobody, and when you just about to run from one spot to other past guard - you suddenly hear "Halalalaaalalal tralalaalaala killl everyone lalala for captain he helped us" .

• Like 1

Sorry for my bag English.  :dancing:

I'm actually going through the prison thing now myself. I had the Mardets from other ship show up, shoot a few troops and then get slaughtered (not really much help there). But I'm still sneaking around the place. You're not forced to help them fight. Though I was tempted to, but I don't want to lose rep (I've got everyone as Revered and would like to keep that going).

10 minutes ago, LordBlade said:

You're not forced to help them fight.

Yes but this still looks stupid when my companions is crouching through battle zone. Not to mention why the "help" even come? You can easily kill everyone at this point on your own. It's so stupid. I mean, if you flied to meet the factions leaders before storming the prison, and ask for their help - then OK, their appearance in prison would make sense. But as it is, It's ruining immersion, - here you trying not to inflict more damage to colony community, for the colony sake, - and there those f@ck@rs storming right in, wasting their lives for nothing, killing Board's troops. Calling in help, should be optional, and probably should be mentioned in endgame slideshow - something like "that day many lives been lost for breaking in most secure prison in the system, huge blow to already half dead colony, been dealt." IMHO.

• Like 1

True, it could have been handled better.

Maybe ask each leader to help, and then get an option on when to summon them (like a communicator for each faction). So you could clear out easy spots yourself and only call backup as needed.

Plus it could lead to you having everyone on hand to summon for the last fight.

Yeah, I was wondering how the last mission could be completed with stealth or negotiation lol.

My character was a super soldier who had max Science and Engineering skills, so my only option was to go in guns blazing. I played on hard difficulty and I'll admit the combat was tough. If you let those corporation guards get close enough, they would absolutely shred you (even with good gear). I had to rely on my mind control rifle to cheese my way through some of those fights. Later on, I found a powerful flamethrower which allowed me to kill the guards faster than they could kill me. 

20 minutes ago, Mister Holdout said:

corporation guards get close enough

Never know, in my game they all died in one-two shots in the head on Supernova. And they can't do nothing to my chat because he has 100 sneak and sits in the vent lol. I even killed the boss robot in like 4-5 hits in his legs. Just couple crits in row i guess, cause one of the shots dealt 32000+ damage to the robot. Somehow. What was your level? Also probably can solve boss battles peacefully. At least when talk to Sophia, i had row of skill checks to make her stay down, and i lost last one, on 100 Science. So maybe you can talk your way out, final battle. You CAN convince Chairman to join you.

Edited by stiven
also...

23 minutes ago, stiven said:

Never know, in my game they all died in one-two shots in the head on Supernova. And they can't do nothing to my chat because he has 100 sneak and sits in the vent lol. I even killed the boss robot in like 4-5 hits in his legs. Just couple crits in row i guess, cause one of the shots dealt 32000+ damage to the robot. Somehow. What was your level? Also probably can solve boss battles peacefully. At least when talk to Sophia, i had row of skill checks to make her stay down, and i lost last one, on 100 Science. So maybe you can talk your way out, final battle. You CAN convince Chairman to join you.

Yeah, stealth seems like the safe way to play. Anyway, I couldn't find a way to talk Sophia down (even though Rockwell was on my side). I guess I was so hated by the board that the only way to save Phineas was to kill everyone. Perhaps I chose the wrong dialogue options, who knows?

All I know is those soldiers hit like a truck. I was wearing level 26 heavy armor with all the armor perks and they still melted me. My normal weapons couldn't kill them quick enough, so I had to rely on my mind control rifle to cheese them. That weapon is overpowered by the way. These guards were obviously a lot stronger than me but I beat them by making them fight each other. Pretty funny actually. I did however find a high level flamethrower which was strong enough to melt the guards faster than they could melt me. When I fought the final boss, I just used the mind control rifle to slowly whittle his health down. As long as you hold the trigger on the mind control ray, the targeted enemy will not attack you. And when ever the drones came after me, I just used the mind control gun on them. Eventually, I won after a few minutes. 

I was level 25 I think when I beat the game. 

On 10/30/2019 at 8:56 PM, uuuhhii said:

the disguise system wouldn't allow stealth all the way

the prison are too long

but yes able to choose npc ally appear or not would be nice

You can use a combination of the disguises and stealth to get through the prison almost entirely without being seen.  It doesn't really matter if you're seen, though, because you can then just lie/persuade to get past the few tough spots.

The game mechanisms are cool, but everything needed more tuning to find the right balance in difficulty.  It's definitely too easy in normal mode.

I agree with stiven that the factions showing up to help you is unnecessary, unexpected, and disruptive the way it's currently handled.

What do you mean its too long. There are 2 safe areas then it recharges again after rockwell. When I did a peaceful run I made it to ram and only had to do one speech check.  

You are taking the shorter paths that require lock picks and hacking

If you see light at the end of the tunnel get out of the road!