Devs - Low Reputation Severely Ruined Some Quests

End-game spoilers ahead, but nonetheless important for the developers to see I think.

I'm in Byzantium at the moment, and for whatever reason the Early Retirement quest dipped my reputation with the Board over the edge. Now everyone guard in Byzantium wants to kill me and every citizen runs from me. This is unacceptable, as the end-game necessitates that you be in Byzantium. My enjoyment is almost ruined by this, since I couldn't take my way in or out of situations as I've done the entire game. The impact of being hated by a reputation you are forced to interact with shouldn't be shoot on sight - quite frankly, it's nearly game-breaking.

Obsidian, I hope you find some way to fix this, because I don't want to experience, say, DLC, where everyone hates me. It would be really unfortunate.

As long as your rep isn't so bad that the guards will resume attempting to kill you on sight, you can leave and rest for three days. If it IS so bad they try to kill you on sight, as I understand it you can kill all the guards and ignore the civilians and then go rest for three days and the civilians don't attack you on sight, presumably because they're not paid to do so.

I'm sort of in the same predicament. I (foolishly) did Ice Palace before going to Byzantium and now all the guards want me dead (I'm on Shoot on Sight with the Board). The problem is; I can't do other quests like Parvati's personal one because the guard in the shop will aggro me; and that aggro's the shopkeeper too.

1 hour ago, Hurlshot said:

This seems like a feature. I mean, choice and consequence, right? You made decisions that ruined your reputation, and that makes life more difficult. Bit too close to real life, maybe. 

First thing I thought.  The whole point of the "your choices have consequences" thing is, well, suffering the consequences for making a questionable choice.

• Like 1

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

On 11/7/2019 at 5:05 PM, GhostofAnakin said:

First thing I thought.  The whole point of the "your choices have consequences" thing is, well, suffering the consequences for making a questionable choice.

Well, it's not a single quest that really does that to be fair. You'd have to constantly get your influence down with a group to get to the point of always being attacked. So it wasn't suffering the consequences for a questionable choice, it's suffering the consequences for repeatedly going against the faction's interest.

If it's not the reputation that is causing it and just an accidental attack, I think sleeping for 3 days should fix it? If not, maybe 4?

Else, you most likely just annoyed them way too much. Kill them all. No thing left alive. Execute order...

On 11/6/2019 at 1:18 PM, FeeZ said:

I'm sort of in the same predicament. I (foolishly) did Ice Palace before going to Byzantium and now all the guards want me dead (I'm on Shoot on Sight with the Board). The problem is; I can't do other quests like Parvati's personal one because the guard in the shop will aggro me; and that aggro's the shopkeeper too.

Parvati will simply chose her own outfit if you off the shopkeeper, just FYI.

This happened to me but I just loaded a previous save and did some sidequests and Byzantium that raised my rep.  It only took like one or two quests.  I think one involved marking rats in the sewer?  It was really easy.

After I raised my rep a little bit, I then proceeded with the main quests that dropped my rep but not low enough to be kill on sight.  So, I think your solution is to load a previous save and be careful what you choose going forward.