Stories of your play through please

Hate to sound like an ass to those posting here. But here goes. This was meant to be a place to post your favorite moments and adventures in the Outer Worlds not for stuck on quests or bug complaints - those actually have a place, like say the support section or general chat.  Only posts so far that seem at home here is the screen shots post.  So, um, yeah lets see some stories people! 

• Thanks 1

Well, there's not too much to say about my play through except that I played a character who was a super soldier with max Science and Engineering skills. For the most part, my character was quite noble, albeit a bit naive and sanctimonious sometimes. This combo lead to some interesting outcomes though. 

For much of the play through, characters thought I was very bizarre for not looking after my own self interests first. Often times I did and said things because they seemed morally right. It was a rather interesting dynamic because it felt like I was the only one of my kind. But, I stuck to my values and finished the game with my honor and integrity mostly intact. 

One particular story line that comes to mind is Ellie's personal quest. I did everything with Ellie because she is my favorite. If romance was possible in this game, I would have wooed her ASAP. Alas, I had to settle on simply traveling with her and using my imagination to fill in the blanks. Ellie's final quest involved me meeting her parents (you can imagine where my mind went with this). After meeting her parents, I discovered that they were filthy rich in addition to being terrible people. Ellie wanted me to act like savage upon meeting them, but staying true to myself I was polite. To cut the dialogue short, her parents gained their wealth by reporting her death and collecting the insurance money. Despite learning this, I stayed rather polite to avoid hurting her parents. Ellie's parents kept trying to get us to leave in order to avoid having their scam discovered. After Ellie and I left, she decided to change the insurance policy to make her the sole beneficiary. I obliged her in this request, marking one of the times when I wasn't ethical. So, I bribed the insurance rep and made Ellie the sole beneficiary. 

You would think that doing someone such a kindness would make us life-long friends. Welllllll, during the end credits I found out that Ellie used her new wealth to buy a ship and become a captain. Needless to say, I am heartbroken. But sometimes those things happen. 

Anyway, that's my story.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On last mission. I sneak past long row of guards, hided in a room to wait for last guard to move away, and then decided to move my companions in the room, just in case - pressed Z - and those bastards just RUN (instead of chucking down which makes them invisible for npcs, as it seems) to the room, almost alerting half of the compound. I played on Supernova, so if the guard had saw just a little bit more of them, it would meant to redo this entire section all over again. ;)

On Monarch, just outside of abandoned Cascadia town (the part of the town with a land pad). i encounter two Mega Mantiqueens, just camping at a choke point leading to the rest of the game. My sniper rifle had barely scratched their hide, and there was two of them. So after many death, i just jump on the building near by and sniped them away. It took long, but i had killed them. Later i discovered, that i probably landed on a "hard part" of the map, and instead i supposed to come here from Stellar Bay... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sorry for my bag English.  :dancing:

(Playthrough not done, trying to do as much as possible for a second character run. Also, sorry for mispellings or anything.)

Also, MAJOR SPOILERS

You have been warned.

Difficulty: SuperNova

Rudely awoken by a strange scientist, frantically getting his **** together with hardly an introduction. No moments time to pause to ask what's going on, only to be informed that I'm about to be shot onto a planet and meet some stranger, a captain Hawthorn? What seemed like minutes, the scientist waves goodbye - I hardly caught a word he was saying. The next thing I knew I landed on a planet... It is time to get out of this pod and... Oh god... A dead body... I crushed him.

"What an idiot, I told him to place the beacon and move, not stand there holding it!" Exclaimed the scientist. His name was Welles. Apparently wanted by something known as "The Board".

Wait, now it is all coming together. I volunteered to be on a colonist ship known as "The Hope". In fact, many volunteered and many were brilliant engineers, scientists, leaders, and more. But why have we been stuck in hibernation for over a decade now?! Against all odds, we survived. My name is Jade.

Edgewater

Nothing in this galaxy makes sense so far, ranging from wildlife trying to kill me every turn and a bunch of idiotic marauders trying to kill me like ruthless barbarians. According to Philleas Welles, the scientist, in order to get the rest of the colonists and bring them back to life I need to get some sort of ingredients for him. Some sort of mixture that get me alive - however I have these strange side-effects... I can... Slow down time? At-will? Interesting. This certainly is helping me survive against everything and everyone trying to kill me.

Since I landed on captain Hawthorn, I may as well take his ship but I need to power it up - meaning I needed to get comfortable with the locals and help them out. It's a mess. A 'plague' has spread throughout the city of Edgewater and there are deserters among them in a nearby outpost. They had settled in the Botanical Gardens, which used to be part of the colony. At one point it seemed to have thrived, but now it seems to be all but close to abandoned. According to the locals, Edgewater can't support itself with its dying colonists and deserters with only very few strong believers in "The Board" and its ideologies. Despite all odds, it looks like "The Board" had left this colony to die and those few strong believers will die for nothing. The deserters have been faring much better. No disease, but no security. It's amazing how they had lasted as long as they did with a marauder encampment nearby. I've met a few interesting characters, Parvati has been the most keen on joining in my travels right away. She seems nice, but too softhearted and easily pushed over. She's weak. I could use the company though...

Vicar Max is a strong believer in some "plan" that we are all predestined to follow. Well, if that is the case then I suppose being in hibernation for so long was meant to bring me to this moment. Though, I don't think that's the case. Not everything is as calculated as Vicar perceives, but he makes a lot of sense and logic in his decisions. Oh, I helped him get his book too - he doesn't know French! It was enjoyable to see his tantrum, but he wants to tag along with me on some sort of quest about this book - though something feels odd but I can never wrap my head around this...

I could write a novel of all the things I have seen and done here but the hardest decision to make was shutting off the power to either Edgewater or Botanical Gardens. With all things considered, the power flowing into Edgewater is a more sensible choice, even Parvati agrees with this, moments before pulling the switch. The town has walls, easily secured, has a landing pad, and an already built infrastructure to expand from. This is the best protection against the wildlife and marauders, but the disease that spread through the town is awful... They believed it to be the plague but it was their diet of canned "fish" only. The mayor is quite incompetent, but it doesn't mean the deserter leader, Adelaide, is any better with her technique on reclaiming the land. In the long run, her secret technique on fertilizing the soil to grow fruit for the colony to survive then thrive won't last. Since the key ingredient is bones, supposedly from humans, the "resource" of dead bodies will soon diminish. I can't imagine how the colony would take onto knowing they'll be crushed up into fertilizer for the planet and inadvertently eating one another... This colony only sounds like it is doomed in the long run. Unless they use Marauders as a resource, but even they will run out eventually.

It's hard to tell if I made the right decision here. On one part, I kicked out a corrupt incompetent mayor who failed to support his colony. On the other part I replaced him with a band-aid solution which won't last in the long run, only temporarily survive. Hopefully long enough to thrive.

Then again, who cares. I got what I needed, a power modulator for the ship so I can finally take off. I may have helped these colonists solve their own problems too much, after all I have an entire ship full of intellectuals waiting to be revived. They'll be able to better build these cities up then a bunch of unorganized and rebellious colonists.

The Grounbreaker

Phew, finally off that planet and onto another ship, known as the Groundbreaker. Apparently, this is the first and last stop between "The Board" and the outer worlds. If that colony planet did not have enough problems, then let's not get started on this god forsaken ship. Through political warfare, "The Board" seems to be trying to do its best job to not support this ship and its needs for survival as the heat is being pumped to ludicrous temperatures. If I hadn't had something against The Board yet, I certainly do now. From what I hear from all these advertisements and stories, "The Board cares about your well-being" and all that nonsense. Bull****. I've seen abandonment and near war-crime activities from The Board.

To expand off "The Board" I had learned it is a bunch of corporations formed together in some sort of coalition-style contract. They're more than happy to be at each other's throats of course, but they seemed to have figured a way to tolerate one another as they scheme against each other for monopolies. In their world, money talks. They are formed from Spacer's Choice, Auntie Cleo, Monarch Stellar Industries, and C&P Boarst Factory (I thought there were five?) CEOs and executives sitting alongside each other dictating how the colonies should be run at its most efficient rate. After all, if it isn't efficient, then replace it. Everybody is expendable to The Board.

Back to talking about this ship, of course I decided to get myself involved in all of their petty sorry problems, but I couldn't stand the heat either to be honest, it was god-awful! After fixing a few things I recalled reading on the terminal about these scientific weapons dotted around the solar system and I decided to go exploring for them. Throughout my adventures, it seems like I will be getting quite a handful of these powerful weapons.  After all, one of them is on this ship.

I almost forgot why I bothered coming on board here, it was for a Nav Key for a safer landing on Monarch, Stellar Bay. The stories landing out in the wilderness aren't so pleasant. In order to get it, it seems that I need to purchase it from Gladys, a sweet older lady with quite a bite if you get on her bad side! Only thing is, I needed to scrummage up 10,000 bits (There are other solutions but I had this quest bugged, so this was my only solution). Since I had no other way of convincing her to give me the key, even after selling her top-notch secrets, I decided to take a little present from her safe, some sort of official seal - I can only hope this comes in handy later... To be fair, I did lie about one of the techs I sold to her, but I'm going to be long gone before they figure that one out. Plus, those secrets are best out of the hands of The Board. 

Oh and before I forget, it was a mighty interesting wanted sign for our lovely professor Welles, he pissed off The Board mighty fine. I even had a split second thought where I would turn him in.

Monarch

Well, I finally made it to Stellar Bay. When I thought things could not be any worse... Well of course this should not have come to a surprise to me. Some small time local problems, but a more unique as this seemed to be an illegal corporate run world. This world has been off the books and records and corporations had paid sublite for subcontracting. Funny enough, I technically am working for them as well securing some sort of secrets, though I wonder if I have other options.

I've barely managed to get to Fallbrook through many other excursions and the more deadly wildlife laying around. I believe this may be the deadliest wildlife I'm going to encounter for quite a while. Luckily, I grabbed yet another scientific weapon. It's nice to have a powerful arsenal of 4 scientific weapons. I may have left out some of my other travels in this log, but boy are these weapons fun to play with.

Alas, this is where the log will have to end - not only is it long, but because I have yet to meet the information broker. I should be seeing them shortly. I only got a few other excursions to go through. I've grown quite a lot since I was first woken up. I also feel as though I could stand up against almost anything, given the right circumstances. I also have no idea what the future holds. All the rebellious uproar against The Board had left so many of these colonies left to rot and struggle, not being able to band together and often fighting internal civil wars about what is 'more right'. While these colonists bicker among one another, The Board happily sits aside growing more powerful only to be thwarted by my intervention of their colony management and even 'lost' tech that they will not be able to recover. Though, they may be fighting each other on a larger corporation front so they must be pretty busy already. Through their greed for wealth they have left their colonies struggling and practically abandoning them, though some seem like a strategic withdrawal for something better... It's too bad the rebellious colonists are too near-sighted to see this. On top of all that, I don't even trust the scientist, the very one who woke me up from a decade spent hibernation to which I should be goo right about now.

I mean, how can have things gone so terribly wrong? It's even harder to determine who would be best to help run these colonies as many of them won't have the structure and order The Board provides for them if they rebel, but The Board's inability to properly manage these colonies survival is laughable. I'm sure I had missed the story somewhere along the road, maybe another colonist from The Hope can piece together what I had missed.

All I want to do is save The Hope.

- Jade signing out

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I was a charming rogue who talked his way through most situations, but could handle the occasional fight. Then my companions and I met the Adjutant in her office. I was stunned by what she told me and angered by her request. I walked out into the lobby to think for a few minutes. After a lot of internal debate, I came to the painful conclusion that she had to be stopped. Then, full of regret, I went into her office, killed her, and we fought our way out of the building.

After this point, the Board issued a kill-on-sight order for me. I was worried that becoming a wanted enemy of the Board would end in the death of myself and my crew, but I was determined to fight my way into the prison and free Phineas.

I visited a few folks around the colony to see how they were doing as I made my preparations for battle. I upgraded my armor and guns and bought all the supplies I thought I would need. Then I traveled across the point of no return to Tartarus.

Imagine my surprise when Mardet soldiers showed up at the landing pad and MSI soldiers helped me fight my way through the prison. It was so gratifying to see that these factions decided to help me in my hour of need.

The outcomes of my decisions were bittersweet. It was heartbreaking to find out that Adelaide turned her back on the refugees from Edgewater. However,  I was comforted by the fact that we were able to ensure the long term survival of the colony. It was very rewarding to see that my crew went on to have successful careers of their own.

Edited by MountainRiderAK
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...