Is there a way to skip/disable companion's ability animation?

I'm close to finishing Monarch and since I arrived there and recruited Nyoka, she tossed away that can of whatever she is drinking somewhere around 75 times, according to my calculations. She can't be still alive, right? Compared to that, Vicar Max's tendency to turn around lazily and shoot from a shotgun he doesn't have is really not that bad... I tried pressing almost every button on my keyboard during the animation and looked through settings as thoroughly as possible but still nothing. This is especially weird since they thankfully decided to completely remove the unbearable killcam from Fallout 3&4 but instead added this thing...  

17 hours ago, rackhir said:

Obsidian didn't make Fallout 3 and 4...

🙄 That's an important clarification...

Anyway, I think there was an annoying killcam in FNV as well. Although as far as I remember it was possible to disable it.

Thing is the cut scenes aren't just for style points for example they use the camera cut to teleport the companion into position to use the abilities, particulary melee ones. If you were able to actually watch them do them from your regular point of view it probably looks janky as ****. Obviously I'm sure many people would still prefer this over having to watch the cut scenes over and over but you can see why they wouldn't want to add the option officially.

1 hour ago, Boozebeard said:

they wouldn't want to add the option officially.

Does that mean there is an "unofficial" option?

1 hour ago, Boozebeard said:

Thing is the cut scenes aren't just for style points for example they use the camera cut to teleport the companion into position to use the abilities, particulary melee ones. If you were able to actually watch them do them from your regular point of view it probably looks janky as ****.

I would be ok with that even if it locked the main hero in some animation similair to reload animation or something like that.

17 hours ago, thearmourofGod said:

ive had a kill cam once and it was cuz i pressed left to watch her awesome hammer kill

I still have hope that there is some way to disable the ability animation so could you please clarify? When you have companion(s) with you and you press c or v (or the corresponding buttons on the gamepad if you are using one), don't you see an animation of a special attack by one of your companions?