Changing Chars???

I had the perfect sniper build following the youtube video Time Sniper but then I figured I'd save this char and try out a leadership build. I decided to switch back to my sniper build but to my horror I couldn't....blasted game saved over it....all that hard work gone poof....now I'm stuck with the leadership build unless i restart my sniper build again. They need to update the game so you can save different builds like fallout, elder scrolls and the rest of the rpg's....sigh.

• Like 1

I posted about this as well. You can make a manual save in order to stop yourself losing your character, but it is a pain to then cycle through and find the latest save when you want to switch.

Really no idea why this wasn't the standard system.

You could respec from leadership back into being a sniper if you wanted. There's a bench on the second floor of the ship, up the ladder by Parvati and then back toward the entrance to the ship. I can't say why they don't offer different saves for different characters especially given the fact that you seemingly have to completely overwrite a supernova character who doesn't get to the endgame if you start a new character.

5 hours ago, Clawdius_Talonious said:

You could respec from leadership back into being a sniper if you wanted. There's a bench on the second floor of the ship, up the ladder by Parvati and then back toward the entrance to the ship. I can't say why they don't offer different saves for different characters especially given the fact that you seemingly have to completely overwrite a supernova character who doesn't get to the endgame if you start a new character.

I think that option to respec is probably why they set the saves up the way they did.  This is yet another reason why I will wait to play on Super Nova, at the moment I am stuck in my altholism with several different builds going to try out the different systems.  I started this before I found that machine but I am also making different decisions on quests and NPC interactions which that machine doesn't allow.

11 minutes ago, rackhir said:

Does the respec bench allow you to change attributes?  If not then its not really the same as a restart.

No, re-spec do not allow you change chars attributes. But really what the point in "builds" for his game, to begin with? At max level all builds would kill enemies just the same, and would have roughly same stats for skill checks. Realistically there only two possible builds, - the one which investing in leadership section and the all others.

Sorry for my bag English.  :dancing: