[PC/Microsoft] Internet Disconnect on Sign-In

Like many of you, been having issues with Outer Worlds from PC gamepass beta recently. I downloaded and installed without issue through the microsoft store, which from what I'm reading sounds like a minor miracle in itself.

When I go to run it, the game launches correctly and leads me to the main menu, then prompts me to sign in to xbox live. Then something odd happens - my PC ethernet adapter gets disconnected and I lose internet access. Nothing I can do reverses this except restarting the PC. I've tried this 4-5 times, same results.

Other games launched through microsoft xbox services on my PC work fine, and I can sign in normally to xbox live, so this is an Outer Worlds specific issue.

I've spent 4+ hours total with MS support, tried everything including disabling other software, unblocking xbox ports in my router settings, editing win10 registry keys, uninstalling and re-installing microsoft xbox software on my PC.

That's a lot of time spent on something that should work out of the box - anyone from Obsidian have anything to say about this before I get a refund?

E: refunded the game. Can't expect customers to spend hours troubleshooting when there are so many other options available these days. Will avoid until steam release, maybe procure elsewhere

Edited by goatrider

It's kind of you to reply, so thanks for that, but ... nothing to say about this technical issue? Not even a bug report link? Why would I spend money on this game (on any store) instead of another if it doesn't work, if I never got a response to a support email I sent 4 days ago? I am grateful for your response, but support from this company is disappointing.

Edited by goatrider