Max companion quest “botched” but shouldn’t be

I did his book quest.  Then routed power from Edgewater where everyone attacked me.  But I was still able to get him to become a companion.  If I remember correctly I got him before the power reroute.  I even think he was on the ship while the town went full Walking Dead crazy.

Anyway, I got to a spaceport to do a quest to get a special gun or something where my ship was impounded.  Max then asked if he could search for a person to help him with the book.  

While he was talking the quest showed up in the upper right then said failed.  I looked and it said it was due to Max being dead.  

I figure this is a big and was wondering if there’s an ETA for a patch or a work around.

Thanks...and still love the game.

Hey, Fallout_New_Bethesda

I'm glad you're enjoying the game! I'm sorry for the companion issue you have run into. We have our development team looking into it and hope to have a fix for it shortly. In the meantime, to expedite your request, you can send an e-mail to our publisher, Private Division at support@privatedivision.com. This will get your issue into their queue and allow us to prioritize requests to ensure the fastest possible turn around time.

We apologize again and thank you for your patience while we work to resolve the issue.