So I'm on PS4, and it seems I've botched the quest line called "Dont bite the sun." Apparently, Parvati was killed.

But here's the kicker: Parvati is 100% alive. Somehow after the dialog option about getting soap for her date with Junlei, I got hit with the botched quest notification. I'm still able to continue the quest, but without the quest details I've pretty much hit a wall.

Hey, P5ych0d3l1k

I'm sorry for the quest issue you have run into. We have our development team looking into it and hope to have a fix for it shortly. In the meantime, to expedite your request, you can send an e-mail to our publisher, Private Division at support@privatedivision.com. This will get your issue into their queue and allow us to prioritize requests to ensure the fastest possible turn around time.

We apologize again and thank you for your patience while we work to resolve the issue.

I have just had an email from Private Division support about this issue, reply may be of use:

"I'm sorry to hear that you've encountered a bug where your companion has been marked as dead in the quest log, despite them still being alive.

From what we've discovered, this bug can happen when your companion is climbing a ladder while you start a conversation with an NPC. This causes the companion to continue climbing the ladder forever, and then meet an untimely death when the conversation with the NPC ends. Make sure that your companions are not climbing any ladders before you enter a conversation and this should hopefully prevent this bug from happening to you again until this bug has been resolved.  Please note that we currently do not have an ETA as to when this issue will be fixed, but we are actively looking into it.

Sorry for the trouble, and please let me know if you run into any other issues."

No problem, I am not sure when it first botched for me and I must have saved over the non-botched version (could have been a while ago and I didn't notice!) so I am going to carry on with the other quests and hope there is a fix soon, complete the game if not fixed anyway, then restart to try the other quest options/outcomes and make sure nobody is on a ladder when I start talking to an NPC.

29 minutes ago, poisonmonkey said:

I have just had an email from Private Division support about this issue, reply may be of use:

"I'm sorry to hear that you've encountered a bug where your companion has been marked as dead in the quest log, despite them still being alive.

From what we've discovered, this bug can happen when your companion is climbing a ladder while you start a conversation with an NPC. This causes the companion to continue climbing the ladder forever, and then meet an untimely death when the conversation with the NPC ends. Make sure that your companions are not climbing any ladders before you enter a conversation and this should hopefully prevent this bug from happening to you again until this bug has been resolved.  Please note that we currently do not have an ETA as to when this issue will be fixed, but we are actively looking into it.

Sorry for the trouble, and please let me know if you run into any other issues."

Had the same issue as the OP, but the scenario described in the response email isn't what happened for me.  I had the "quest failed" message pop up when we were conversing and she was literally standing in the engine room, no ladders near her.

I don't think the bug has anything to do with ladders or whatnot.  It must be tied somehow to dismissing her from the party and adding a different party member in her stead.  That's the only thing I could think of (I replaced her with Nyoka in my party during a lot of the Monarch stuff).

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

This bug seems to affect the end-game slides about the fate of your companions, as well.  Just finished the game and because of this bug, Parvati is considered dead and I get a quick "Parvati didn't survive your adventures" slide even though she was alive and kicking on my ship the whole time.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)