Game crashes when loading certain areas(PC)

I'm having the same issue also and in addition to that in phineas lab the game crashes every time I open the inventory.

I'm playing on a ryzen 2600 with sapphire 590. All drivers are up to date and all windows 10 updates are installed.

Edit: No the games stuck when I'm entering the room with Rockwell in. Can't do anything. It just crashes every time.

Edited by johniem

Experienced the same. Uninstalled and re-installed after trying all the other fixes (run as administrator, set FPS to 60). Was running fine for about 10-14 hours after re-install, started doing it again when going from Stellar Bay's south exit. Uninstalled yet again, and trying a third install and hope for another 10-14 hours of gameplay. Running an i7 3.9 with GTX1080ti. 

Sometimes I can get around the crashes by zoning into another area and then coming back to the area in question. Sometimes it's a 100% crash to desktop no matter what, at least until I play for a while elsewhere (which makes me think the crashes are related to some sort of game state). I was getting 100% edgewater crash until I did some other quests for a while, and I was getting 100% cascadia crash until I did some other quests for a while (and I could zone in to another part of Monarch anyway, even though cascadia is in the same overall zone as the other landing spots in Monarch).

TL;DR: even the 100% crashes appear to be resolvable eventually. That is, except for:

3 hours ago, johniem said:

in phineas lab the game crashes every time I open the inventory.

that happens to me 100% of the time, no matter when, whether at start of game, or after hours of playing.

Something similar is happening to me the first time I go to Groundbreaker, in the dock area.  No matter what, the game will--at SOME point--snap to a black screen and lock up my PC. I've tried all the updates I can think of and rate-limiting, but I get that lock-up 100% of the time in the GB docks.  I tried loading an earlier save on Edgewater, and the game was stable; got offworld, travel to GB, exit the ship, hear Felix's nonsense, and the farthest I can get is talking to the customs guy. To be clear, mine isn't CTD, it's locking up my whole system (no keyboard/mouse input, and monitor gives a "NO INPUT" error) and requires a hard reboot.

Ryzen 5 3600X, 16GB RAM, Nvidia GTX 970, all drivers UTD

15 hours ago, asyranok said:

I had crashes on average every 15 minutes with an RTX 2080 ti, Ryzen 3900x. I UNDERCLOCKED my gfx card (1750 mhz base) by 100 mhz. I went from crashing every 15 minutes to not once crashing again (5 days straight with no crashes).

Just tried this with my 5700 XT. Underclocked all the way down to 1600 (1605 advertised base clock on reference model) from 2150 ish. Crashing went from every 5 min to about 10 min. Unfortunately, still unplayable.

The first point of the Common Issues list that Obs have said to be investigating is literally "various game crashes". Normally, blocker severity issues (such as this one) are given the highest priority, so it's simply not reasonable to assume that nothing is being done about it.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

I'm getting this 100% replicatable in the cave for Star-Crossed Troopers, near Opal's body - I can send my save file if it would be helpful for debugging. I also get it repeatedly in Cascadia, but not as narrowly-defined of a region. I get it elsewhere randomly, but not always the same places.

• 4 weeks later...