Non-Lootable Corpses

When I get done killing a group of enemies, i go looting. Well, I know(at least have witnessed) that the lootable corpse are highlighted and the ones i have already looted(taken everything) don't show up any more.

The problem comes when i run up to a fresh corpse, the loot window pops up, the item(s) is/are shown, then i take a half step too far, the loot window disappears for a second and shows back up empty, without me taking anything out of the corpse. And the corpse is still highlighted, like the game is telling me items are there, but nothing is shown as available..

Is this more of a visual bug? Anyone else come across something similar?

• Like 1

I have more info on this.

Does not occur on already dead corpses( like the scientist that are slain all over rosewood?ville? on Terra 2, or already dead automechanicals, or anything that was programmed to be dead in the game). These loot menus seem to stay open after taking everything or seeing they are empty.

Stash boxes/crates stay open because the game allows you to put stuff in them and come back for the items at a later time..

Now, the enemy that was just alive, that i shot and killed, Has only given me the issue of not seeing the items in the loot menu/table.

When I approach a lootable corpse, I get the blue outline, Walk up to them, usually aiming towards the ground, I might hit a foot first, release the controller stick after i see the loot table, might move up to the thigh area and the table disappears. Okay cool, where do i have to aim to get this table to show back up, maybe the left arm on this body, maybe the head. I get the table to show back up, now with 0 items in it. I can hit square and take the items, i know this is happening because of the audible ques you get when looting items.(works sometimes) 

Or, i can look away from the corpse, and might get lucky with looking back at the corpse, aiming at the right arm, or chest, or butt, and see the loot table populated(only has worked 20% of the time) Where I look back to get the loot table to show up seems to be on how is that corpse laying. Still random to me, one time it might be the right arm that works, the next time it might be the left big toe.

Then once i grab all the loot from the corpse, the blue outline disappears, the game letting me know the corpse is empty.. The only way I know that I got the items, and sometimes they stay with the blue outline, so i don't really know what i am missing.. I just move on..

My next goal is try to capture screen shots of this somehow.. just so you people don't think I'm crazy.. lol

Enjoying the game so far, hoping to help make it more enjoyable..

I'm on a PS4 normal with a digital download of the game.

• Like 1

Hello, Derf360.

That's an interesting find. We have our development team looking into it and hope to have a fix for it shortly. In the meantime, to expedite your request, you can send an e-mail to our publisher, Private Division at support@privatedivision.com. This will get your issue into their queue and allow us to prioritize requests to ensure the fastest possible turn around time. We apologize again and thank you for your patience while we work to resolve the issue.

--Doug.

On 10/29/2019 at 10:15 AM, Derf360 said:

I have more info on this.

Does not occur on already dead corpses( like the scientist that are slain all over rosewood?ville? on Terra 2, or already dead automechanicals, or anything that was programmed to be dead in the game). These loot menus seem to stay open after taking everything or seeing they are empty.

Stash boxes/crates stay open because the game allows you to put stuff in them and come back for the items at a later time..

Now, the enemy that was just alive, that i shot and killed, Has only given me the issue of not seeing the items in the loot menu/table.

When I approach a lootable corpse, I get the blue outline, Walk up to them, usually aiming towards the ground, I might hit a foot first, release the controller stick after i see the loot table, might move up to the thigh area and the table disappears. Okay cool, where do i have to aim to get this table to show back up, maybe the left arm on this body, maybe the head. I get the table to show back up, now with 0 items in it. I can hit square and take the items, i know this is happening because of the audible ques you get when looting items.(works sometimes) 

Or, i can look away from the corpse, and might get lucky with looking back at the corpse, aiming at the right arm, or chest, or butt, and see the loot table populated(only has worked 20% of the time) Where I look back to get the loot table to show up seems to be on how is that corpse laying. Still random to me, one time it might be the right arm that works, the next time it might be the left big toe.

Then once i grab all the loot from the corpse, the blue outline disappears, the game letting me know the corpse is empty.. The only way I know that I got the items, and sometimes they stay with the blue outline, so i don't really know what i am missing.. I just move on..

My next goal is try to capture screen shots of this somehow.. just so you people don't think I'm crazy.. lol

Enjoying the game so far, hoping to help make it more enjoyable..

I'm on a PS4 normal with a digital download of the game.

I have the same issue on my Xbox One X so it's not platform specific issue