Supernova Sleep Gripe

I understand being restricted to sleeping on your ship on Supernova for realism because it's unrealistic to just shack up in strangers' beds and unsafe to sleep in any bed you find in the wild. But once you get to a certain area and town, you get offered to rent a place for a one time payment. And there's no option to sleep in the bed you rented. The area around the town is big, too, so if you get a sleep debuff, you have to fast travel back to your ship and make the painful trek back to wherever you're going. I'm still a bit early on in terms of the area, but this just soured me a bit. Just wanted to rant for a little.

• Thanks 1

The joy I felt when I discovered caffeinated drinks restore both thirst and tiredness.

Exoduss, on 14 Apr 2015 - 11:11 AM, said: 

also secret about hardmode with 6 man party is :  its a faceroll most of the fights you will Auto Attack mobs while lighting your spliff

You can land the ship in that town, although exactly what it was I had to do in order to open that landing pad I'm not 100% sure. It might be nice if they automatically unlocked the pad when you purchased the room, that way supernova difficulty wouldn't force you to go all the way back to your first landing spot before you get the pad there. I have a couple ideas, if you're interested. Let me know, and I'll PM you to avoid spoilers in the General channel.

41 minutes ago, Clawdius_Talonious said:

You can land the ship in that town, although exactly what it was I had to do in order to open that landing pad I'm not 100% sure. It might be nice if they automatically unlocked the pad when you purchased the room, that way supernova difficulty wouldn't force you to go all the way back to your first landing spot before you get the pad there. I have a couple ideas, if you're interested. Let me know, and I'll PM you to avoid spoilers in the General channel.

I think it's accepting a quest that involves an NPC in that town. 

Thinking back on it, it may just have been getting close enough in the town to the pad, although I hadn't gone near enough to the pad to unlock the location itself because I didn't get XP for that until I landed there. By that point I had already done most of the quests on that planet, but I didn't unlock that as a landing spot until a quest led me near the pad en route to a location within the town.