False "botched" status on quest

I noticed that the quest "Friendships Due" was listed as botched. At that point I had not done anything on the quest except talk to Felix. I was actually able to progress on the quest up to meeting Trask. However, he only says "I don't want any trouble, and no dialogue happens.

1 hour ago, dragon90604 said:

I am playing on Hard, for the record.

Is there anyway to reset  quests?

Not that I've found. I started another thread with the specific issue I had and asked for a console command. If it's anything like the fallout games it seems to be like then it should be possible to set a quest back to a specific objective with the right command. I'm not great at doing code stuff though so I'm hoping someone else that knows how to do that sort of thing figures it out and then I can copy them, haha. 

Ran into the same issue. The Subreddit theory is that accepting the quest is auto failing because the game thinks Felix/other companions are dead, even on Normal/Hard.

Hoping for either a workaround or a patch. Felix is best boy and I need to help him!

Hello, dragon90604.

I'm sorry you're experiencing a problem with this companion quest. We have our development team looking into it and hope to have a fix for it shortly. Please send an e-mail to our publisher, Private Division at support@privatedivision.com. This will get your issue into their queue and allow us to prioritize requests to ensure the fastest possible turn around time. We apologize again and thank you for your patience while we work to resolve the issue.

--Doug.

I’m having the same issue with Ellie’s quest “The Low Crusade”, I talk with her, go through a few dialogue options, then it comes up I failed the quest with out even starting it. I tried restarting my save and doing it a few different ways with starting the conversation, but every time it says I failed halfway through, please help so I can be able to help my last companion with their quest, thank you!

3 hours ago, dragon90604 said:

Yeah, I thought I had finished Ellie's quest, but then it showed up on the botched list...

No word from Tech support, other than an acknowledgement email. Sigh.

They're actually working on it. I've also had an issue with Ellie's quest being botched for no reason on normal. They put out an announcement yesterday saying there will be a patch next week