[Bug] - Anton Crane missing/ not loading. Cannot proceed with that quest line.

On the planet Roseway trying to turn in data to Anton to finish the quest “The Doom That Came to Roseway” and there is a marker for Anton but he is nowhere to be seen. 

Is there a workaround for this?

I’m on Supernova difficulty and don’t want to lose a couple of hours gameplay over it. 

• Like 2

Hello, leviathan7584.

I'm sorry you're experiencing this issue. We have our development team looking into it and hope to have a fix for it shortly. To expedite your request, you can send an e-mail to our publisher, Private Division at support@privatedivision.com. This will get your issue into their queue and allow us to prioritize requests to ensure the fastest possible turn around time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

• Like 1

--Doug.

Same.  Would be the first appearance of Anton, but he's not there.  I tried reloading several past saves, but I can't find what is causing the bug.  I'm about to have to restart.

Anyone solve this or figure out what's going on?

This is a bug that happens when you tell Cassandra you will help her - for some reason, the game marks that as you botching the 'Retrieve Anton's Data' portion of the quest, even though you can get it later and it shows complete. I tested this thoroughly and no matter what, if I agreed to help Cassandra, he disappears and the quest skips the completion and moves him to the The Lost Hope on Groundbreaker where he would normally be if you completed the quest line. So... right now the only option to not have this bug is to kill Cassandra to get the data, which makes you unable to take the side-quest 'Journey Into The Smoke', or botches it if you've already taken it. I also noticed if you convince Porter and his guards to not attack, etc - there is still an audio queue when they leave that sounds like they are fighting. This doesn't seem to affect the bug, as I tested by helping Cassandra out and leaving without running into Porter, and Anton was still gone.

This really needs to be fixed, as it REQUIRES you to only do the mission one way and miss out on a TON of bits and experience as a result. I spent about 2 hours figuring out why he was disappearing.. this is really unacceptable.

Edited by Madrai
  • Like 1

This is a bug that happens when you tell Cassandra you will help her - for some reason, the game marks that as you botching the 'Retrieve Anton's Data' portion of the quest, even though you can get it later and it shows complete. I tested this thoroughly and no matter what, if I agreed to help Cassandra, he disappears and the quest skips the completion and moves him to the The Lost Hope on Groundbreaker where he would normally be if you completed the quest line. So... right now the only option to not have this bug is to kill Cassandra to get the data, which makes you unable to take the side-quest 'Journey Into The Smoke', or botches it if you've already taken it. I also noticed if you convince Porter and his guards to not attack, etc - there is still an audio queue when they leave that sounds like they are fighting. This doesn't seem to affect the bug, as I tested by helping Cassandra out and leaving without running into Porter, and Anton was still gone.

This really needs to be fixed, as it REQUIRES you to only do the mission one way and miss out on a TON of bits and experience as a result. I spent about 2 hours figuring out why he was disappearing.. this is really unacceptable.

5 hours ago, Madrai said:

There has to be more to it than just this, I've had the same thing happen except he isn't showing at Lost Hope either and I haven't even talked to Cassandra yet.

I haven't had time to experiment where the problem stems from, I'll probably look into it tomorrow looking back through old saved games but I agree it sucks, a total game breaking bug that they'll hopefully fix sooner rather than later.

Edited by Viruk82
  • Like 1

I had the audio bug where you could hear fighting outside even though i convinced them to go their separate ways and got the data from Cassandra.

Spent like half an hour trying to figure out where they were fighting so i could see what was going on.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, SMOKEBONG420 said:

ANTON is on The GROUNDBREAKER in the  LOST HOPE BAR 

For one version of the bug you're correct, for the issue I'm having he isn't, I've checked numerous times on numerous saves and he isn't in Lost Hope or anywhere else on the Groundbreaker.

Seems he's just been Thanosed.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/30/2019 at 5:43 AM, OEI_Wolf said:

Hello, leviathan7584.

I'm sorry you're experiencing this issue. We have our development team looking into it and hope to have a fix for it shortly. To expedite your request, you can send an e-mail to our publisher, Private Division at support@privatedivision.com. This will get your issue into their queue and allow us to prioritize requests to ensure the fastest possible turn around time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Dudes it has been 4 months ... and you have NOT sorted this out yet? seriously?

• 2 months later...

Hey everyone! I hope you're all having a great Friday, or as best as possible considering the current situation we're all in. This quest issue should have been addressed in Patch 1.2

For new players, Anton will remain in Roseway until the Doom that Came to Roseway and By His Bootstraps have been completed. For players already in this situation, the next time they visit Roseway Town, their Doom that Came to Roseway quest will autocomplete for them in the path of giving the data back to Anton.

In the future, if you don't hear back from someone regarding a problem you're having with one of our games, it would probably be best to submit a ticket to here Support or via email support@obsidian.net. This way, we'll absolutely get back to you and work one on one to help resolve the issue. 

Thanks and stay safe out there, Freelancers!

4 hours ago, cstanick said:

Hey everyone! I hope you're all having a great Friday, or as best as possible considering the current situation we're all in. This quest issue should have been addressed in Patch 1.2

For new players, Anton will remain in Roseway until the Doom that Came to Roseway and By His Bootstraps have been completed. For players already in this situation, the next time they visit Roseway Town, their Doom that Came to Roseway quest will autocomplete for them in the path of giving the data back to Anton.

In the future, if you don't hear back from someone regarding a problem you're having with one of our games, it would probably be best to submit a ticket to here Support or via email support@obsidian.net. This way, we'll absolutely get back to you and work one on one to help resolve the issue. 

Thanks and stay safe out there, Freelancers!

Thanks for the response.

The day I posted my issue here I put in a ticket to Private Division, they said they were looking into it and didn't get back to me for some time.. so I started a new game, basically speedran through to where I could get to Anton Crane just to make sure he was in the world before going back and playing the game normally.

I explained this to the dude from Private Division support and they basically took it as the bug being fixed even though it obviously wasn't and they also ignored my other issue I was having with NPC enemies healthbars being bugged when changing difficulty.

As I was doing a speedrun to get to Anton Crane I put the game on the easiest setting just to get it done, after putting the difficulty back up to hard again I noticed all the NPC enemy health bars were damaged.. as if raising the difficulty added to the max HP of the enemies but not their total HP, this was ignored with the dude on support saying "The enemies must have been attacking each other"

So yeah, this whole support mess kinda just put me off playing and honestly, I haven't went back to it since between this forum post being ignored since October last year and Private Division support just trying to tell me everything is OK without actually fixing anything, it's frustrating to have 12+ hours of your time being ruined by a game breaking bug and then getting ignored when trying to report the issue, I'm sure you can understand.

Anyway, apologies for the rant but it's just been a whole silly annoying experience.