I won't buy this until Steam/GOG has it.

While I don't love Steam, I hate the monopoly that Epic is creating.  This is one of two games that I refuse to buy because of this practice.  Yes, I created an account just to vent.  I'm sure very few people care, but I do.  If this game has all the bugs fixed I just read about and is still supported when other platforms can sell it, then I'll buy it then, probably at a discount.  Until then, I hope your marketing strategy of using Epic exclusively bites your bottom line and alienates any fans.

• Like 2
  • Hmmm 1

1 hour ago, Rynak said:

While I don't love Steam, I hate the monopoly that Epic is creating.  This is one of two games that I refuse to buy because of this practice.  Yes, I created an account just to vent.  I'm sure very few people care, but I do.  If this game has all the bugs fixed I just read about and is still supported when other platforms can sell it, then I'll buy it then, probably at a discount.  Until then, I hope your marketing strategy of using Epic exclusively bites your bottom line and alienates any fans.

It isn't Epic exclusive. 

Well, to be honest, I've never been so close to pirating a game as I was with this title. I really want to support Obsidian but at the same time I hate the decision to exclude certain stores just to get more money (more money for the publisher, less options for the consumer).

In the end I caved and bought it from Epic. Still ****ing pissed though. Semi-exclusivity in the PC space. Unbelievable.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

28 minutes ago, mkreku said:

Well, to be honest, I've never been so close to pirating a game as I was with this title. I really want to support Obsidian but at the same time I hate the decision to exclude certain stores just to get more money (more money for the publisher, less options for the consumer).

In the end I caved and bought it from Epic. Still ****ing pissed though. Semi-exclusivity in the PC space. Unbelievable.

Why not the Windows store? Or a console?

I bought this digitally from Game Stop but had to redeem the code on Epic games, I was told if I had held on to the code until it released on steam I could of used it then.  I wasn't to keen though on paying $63 and waiting for a year to play this game.  I agree that they really botched the release by limiting it to two sites that a lot of people have a history/dislike for.  I am hoping other companies look at the response, as well as Obsidian/Microsoft, and realize it is not a good idea to create drama for people who just want to play your game.

1 hour ago, Ommamar said:

I bought this digitally from Game Stop but had to redeem the code on Epic games, I was told if I had held on to the code until it released on steam I could of used it then.  I wasn't to keen though on paying $63 and waiting for a year to play this game.  I agree that they really botched the release by limiting it to two sites that a lot of people have a history/dislike for.  I am hoping other companies look at the response, as well as Obsidian/Microsoft, and realize it is not a good idea to create drama for people who just want to play your game.

2 hours ago, mkreku said:

This says it all, this guy was about to pirate it apparently but still bought from epic. If people this full of anger won't even vote with their wallet, no one will.

nowt

What is really sticking in my craw is the exclusivity contract Epic is forcing.  We got away from that for the most part, so you could buy console and PC games around the same time.  I also am sick of games as a service, so I end up with a game a few years after it launches I cannot play...even it was single player.  Heck I would accept a disk for PC game with one of the less cringe worthy DRM solution's.  I also personally do not like the UELA for the Epic store, and I have have had enough issues with the MS store to be really leery of using it  (they triple charged me for an upgrade from Win 10 home to Pro, and then I still could not get it to work.  Had to block the charges and buy a key from a local retailer instead).  I also have some older games that simply disappeared from my inventory from the MS store and that has never happened with GOG or Steam.

419983_10150688598499561_263483550_n.jpg.537f2622b9336c3e04a6cb11b8f81197.jpg

2 hours ago, Hurlshot said:

Why not the Windows store? Or a console?

Because I'm cheap and Epic was the cheapest (got it on another site but turned out to be an Epic key for $50).

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Gamepass is the cheapest way bar none. Even if your region doesn't have the $1 introductory offer. And wow, it's EGS exclusive exactly as much as it would have been steam exclusive had it been on steam since you can even buy keys from 3rd parties exactly as you would on steam.

43 minutes ago, daven said:

This says it all, this guy was about to pirate it apparently but still bought from epic. If people this full of anger won't even vote with their wallet, no one will.

He's an infamous forum DRM advocate as in the only people who have problems with DRM have to be dirty dirty pirates. Admitting to piracy himself would be perhaps the most amusing thing to happen here, ever.

• Like 1

Im a gamer I don't really care where I get my games from. If a system or whatever has a game i want then im buying it. Don't care if its MS, PS, Epic, Steam, gamefly or a trash can. Anyone who complains about where they can buy their games just isn't a true gamer.

Friendly reminder that there's a zero tolerance policy of piracy here. Any posts advocating the practice will be nuked and warnings will be handed out.

(I mean, it should be immediately obvious to anyone that discussing taking something from a business without paying for it while in the business's premises is a huge no-no, but apparently it's not)

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

10 hours ago, mkreku said:

i am disappointed