Hi,

I'd like to know why my daughter who's name is Nia can't use her real name when playing Outer Worlds?

Also, why ban the use of names on a single player game anyway? It makes sense for a MMO but I really don't get it here.

Thanks.

1 hour ago, Viruk82 said:

Hi,

I'd like to know why my daughter who's name is Nia can't use her real name when playing Outer Worlds?

Also, why ban the use of names on a single player game anyway? It makes sense for a MMO but I really don't get it here.

Thanks.

Weird question, but what platform are you on and which region? I have the filter too, others apparently don't.

It's pretty dumb.

Edited by C2B

PC and UK/EU for region.

Not sure if it changes anything region or version wise but I got the game free with my new Ryzen.

It's just something that totally befuddles me if I'm being honest, hell, even in Fallout 4 Codsworth would actually say out loud names that are banned on here, it's not a deal breaker or anything, just a bit confusing and like you said, pretty dumb.

18 minutes ago, Viruk82 said:

PC and UK/EU for region.

Not sure if it changes anything region or version wise but I got the game free with my new Ryzen.

It's just something that totally befuddles me if I'm being honest, hell, even in Fallout 4 Codsworth would actually say out loud names that are banned on here, it's not a deal breaker or anything, just a bit confusing and like you said, pretty dumb.

Yep, same.

If an XBOX, PS4 or US user is reading this, could you test on your version?

Edited by C2B

1 hour ago, ScreamingSatori said:

Did it actually say the name was banned? Maybe it just needs more than 3 letters.

After a little looking around online, someone on Twitter has compiled a list of all banned names.

Lotta racist stuff, I can see banning that.. but there's a lot of weird ones in there as well.

• Thanks 1

I'm not sure that this actually means anything, but NIA is also a rather obscure internet slang for "Noobs In Action".  It is sometimes--thought not at *all* commonly--used as an insult in online gaming, for when somebody is screwing up.

Edited by Katarack21

Also banned names in singleplayer game is radiciolusly stupid. Fortunately they don't give a **** about russians, so only english/europe languages in banlist... :dancing:

It's strange – your politic leaders always bla-blaying about freedom of speech and democracy, but it's a one big lie. Enjoy, my dead friends. :lol:

Edited by Phenomenum
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Phenomenum said:

Also banned names in singleplayer game is radiciolusly stupid. Fortunately they don't give a **** about russians, so only english/europe languages in banlist... :dancing:

It's strange – your politic leaders always bla-blaying about freedom of speech and democracy, but it's a one big lie. Enjoy, my dead friends. :lol:

Yeah, its a weird banlist to begin with. If they actually want to put this into their game in the future (For whatever game of theirs has online functionality) they should rework that whole list. Otherwise its ripe for justified critisism and scorn.

Hopefully this will be explained and removed ASAP. Nobody wants this. Nobody needs this.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...