Anyone facing problems on gamepass?

I had this problem with gears 5 on gamepass. It worked on xbox but not pc. It simply wouldn't load.

On pc I had to launch the store then check for updates manually. There was an update for the store that didn't automatically download and update. There was also a gamepass update, same issue. After I updated the store and gamepass manually gears 5 would work. 

Just a possible solution.

• Thanks 1

Hello, Ferchos Silva.

I'm sorry you're experiencing an issue getting the game to start. I would suggest starting with Microsoft at https://support.xbox.com/en-US/contact-us. If you cannot find a solution that fixes the issue from Microsoft, please contact our publisher, Private Division, at support@privatedivision.com. They may have a solution on their end. Again, we're very sorry that you're experiencing this issue and hope it is resolved shortly.

--Doug.

On 10/29/2019 at 3:35 AM, TJH1968 said:

I had this problem with gears 5 on gamepass. It worked on xbox but not pc. It simply wouldn't load.

On pc I had to launch the store then check for updates manually. There was an update for the store that didn't automatically download and update. There was also a gamepass update, same issue. After I updated the store and gamepass manually gears 5 would work. 

Just a possible solution.

Also close Xbox (beta) completely and check for updates manually in Windows Store... sometimes an update will download (they do fairly frequently) and screw everything up till you restart the app.  Worse case try getting into the insider program and that may force an update that will fix it... had to do that on my Wife's pc

• 2 weeks later...

Just chiming in hoping to get a notification when someone has figured it out. I've tried to install it via Gamepass for the last 12 days or so to no avail. It downloads, eats up 37GB space but when finished pretends it's not there. I've tried pretty much everything I found on reddit, MS answers etc. to no avail, redownloaded at least 10 times, repair-installed Windows, reset the store, did Registry edits... nada, niente. The one thing I didn't try yet and won't try is a complete Windows reinstall including wiping the hard drive. Since I'm not going to continue the MS subscription if it doesn't work, I guess it's waiting for Steam now. :(