PS: Bastila's Dead

Bastila's too well developed character to be thrown out and she is an icon of KOTOR - just like Kyle Katarn is an icon of Jedi Knight series. I hoped that our heroine will appear in a series of games maybe as a main character? Obisidian will

be stupid if it waste so interesting personality as Bastila. Besides I consider KOTOR 2 storyline as a clone of Return of the Jedi where Sith are looking for "the last Jedi in the galaxy" - Luke Skywalker. Is it not the same? The whole idea that obsidian

is developing is from the start a clone. Besides it isn't correct with what UE sources

say - Palpatine was the only sithlord who succedeed with destruction of the jedi.

I hoped that I will get wiser and more experienced Bastila who will be a playable character with a mission to fullfill (like Katarn in Jedi Outcast) but instead I will get some new uninteresting idiots...

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

Well let's see in k1, Bastila's options are 1) Death doesnt matter where 2a) Alive redeemed no romance 2b)with romance 3a) DS as Revan's apprentice, lets face it Malak was weak and no one seemed better to be your apprentice.

So, 3 out of 4 she's alive and with Revan, unless Revan kills her. I think she shouldn't make an apperence or mentioned without Revan if she is alive. The problem is to deal with all possible outcomes that could be alot of dialogue. I don't think they'll kill her off in that lame no real point kind of way if he survived k1. If she does show up in k2 it's probably is Revan related.

Speaking of npc's I don't see HK-47 leaving Revan's side unless order to do a mission. If Revan ended LS can't be an assassination mission but DS it could be.

I seem to recall reading in CGW or another magazine about KotOR2 that the Republic is still strong in the Core Worlds. That they've pulled back to reinforce there. Does this mean that the Jedi Order still exists there and that all the talk about the Sith taking over is only true for the Outer Rim Territories? (Which is very similar to KotOR1 to be honest)

Well I certainly hope so, having the Jedi Order retreating from the Rim worlds and concentrate into the Core worlds makes far more sense that the "the Jedi Order is disbanded" idiocy.

Yeah I don't see the Order disbanding unless the Republic is on the brink of destruction and the Jedi have to basically be down to nothing before disbanding.

So many things about Bastila ...

Johnny take a walk with your sister the moon

Let her pale light in to fill up your room

You've been living underground

Eating from a can

You've been running away

From what you don't understand...

Love

She's slippy

You're sliding down

She'll be there when you hit the ground

It's alright, it's alright, it's alright

She moves in mysterious ways

Johnny take a dive with your sister in the rain

Let her talk about the things you can't explain

To touch is to heal

To hurt is to steal

If you want to kiss the sky

Better learn how to kneel

(On your knees boy)

She's the wave

She turns the tide

She sees the man inside the child

Lift my days, light up my nights

One day you will look...back

And you'll see...where

You were held...how

By this love...while

You could stand...there

You could move on this moment

Follow this feeling

We move through miracle days

Spirit moves in mysterious ways

She moves with it

She moves with it

Lift my days, light up my nights

drakron.png

Is it yours?

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

SOCRATES:

Really? Guess that I should become U2 fan cause this piece is good!

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

Maybe if you choose the DS path in the game you will have to kill Bastila. I don't see how she is going to idly stand by wether she is Darkside or lightside and let you claim the title of Dark Lord Of The Sith. Thats assuming she is in the game to begin with of course. I personally liked Bastila even though she was a bit snooty and stuck up.

Cheers!

Fools...Bastila is a trademark of KOTOR, such strong personality deserves more than just one video game-she deserves whole series! And don't say that you prefer that old,whitehaired meatbag!

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

There's some weird HK-47-esque robot in the new game. Read about it in the EGM preview. Wonder who it is.

Exitium

RPG Codex - the premier avant garde gaming news site.

"It is more convenient to follow one's conscience than one's intelligence, for at every failure, conscience finds an excuse and an encouragement in itself. That is why there are so many conscientious and so few intelligent people." - Nietzsche

I say bring her back and give the PC an option to kill her. This will satisfy the particularly evil people. I am sure they wont mind, cause now they will be able to kill her not once but twice. I am sure people that want her back have stronger feelings on the matter then those who killed her.

Most people want her back anyway! The rest can dicapitate her again and be done with it.

:)

Fools...Bastila is a trademark of KOTOR, such strong personality deserves more than just one video game-she deserves whole series! And don't say that you prefer that old,whitehaired meatbag!

Comparing Bastila to Kreia is unfair...I mean, a way better comparison would be Bastila to Atris...meh...and I thought some other people were fanboys... :)