PS: Bastila's Dead

hey jaquars4ever i get enough s*** in school about proper english i dont need that crap when i get home its a computer forum not a college paper all do what i want dumbass

And your completely irrelevant point is...? Besides, I'm not being rude - you really are stupid! ;)

manthing2.jpg

Well for me, should Bastila even show up I would like not just to either have her live on, kill her by my hand, or have her killed by someone else but like all npc characters I'd like the option that the choices I make can develop any one of these possibilities. I like the idea that I can play through and have Bastila or any other character die because of the path I chose, but at the smae time in another time I play through the result is different because my decisions were different. Frankly I believe this would be the best alternative to Bastila and whoever else you want to include for I feel this diversity in how the game progresses and who lives and dies can be different playing through several times. Something like Juhani except the concept extended.

I think that's what everyone wants in terms of any CRPG, but the developers only have so much space and time...I guess we shall see!

Never assume malice when stupidity is to blame.

I wouldn't stress out too much, yet.

Given how they've said PC input about the previous game will determine Original Game Cameos, I'm wililng to bet that will determine Bastila's fate, as well as Carth's. Its the only way to keep everybody happy.

I wouldn't stress out too much, yet.

Given how they've said PC input about the previous game will determine Original Game Cameos, I'm wililng to bet that will determine Bastila's fate, as well as Carth's.  Its the only way to keep everybody happy.

Agreed. But remeber they can't make EVERYBODY happy and I'm sure there will be NPCs that wont make it to the final cut. It's all about making an interesting story, without trying to bring everything from the first game.

Anyways, lets just keep a little optimism on this subject.

Bastila as end boss(i.e. evil again) is just as much of a cop out as some random death pre TSL. I already redeemed her once, having her go DS again would just be silly. It would hardly constitute a cameo either.

I think there could very well be different end bosses depending on alignment, though.

Optimism is a subjective thing. :(

hey jaquars4ever i get enough s*** in school about proper english i dont need that crap when i get home its a computer forum not a college paper all do what i want dumbass

That's 'I'll' 'dumbass'. ;)

Well then, I guess all be on my way. ^_^

manthing2.jpg

Bastila as end boss(i.e. evil again) is just as much of a cop out as some random death pre TSL. I already redeemed her once, having her go DS again would just be silly. It would hardly constitute a cameo either.

I think there could very well be different end bosses depending on alignment, though.

Optimism is a subjective thing. ;)

Which is all the more reason to not have her (or Revan) as a focal point of the story, but rather have them both a)ALIVE and b)serving as "secondary" background characters, sort of like the wise Jedi you meet after you win the game or something, and they tell you what a good job you did.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Optimism is a subjective thing. ;)

Which is all the more reason to not have her (or Revan) as a focal point of the story, but rather have them both a)ALIVE and b)serving as "secondary" background characters, sort of like the wise Jedi you meet after you win the game or something, and they tell you what a good job you did.

I couldn't agree more!

Optimism is a subjective thing. :)

I concur. You finish the game and find Revan atop a holy mountain levitating while in a full lotus position.

"You have done well young Jedi."

"Thank you master Revan."

Then they walk off in to the sunset holding hands and singing YMCA by The Village People. :lol:

Then they walk off in to the sunset holding hands and singing YMCA by The Village People. :lol:

Aw, they gotta do the moves too, the song demands them!

(ponders hidden collectable costumes in the game so you can get the full ending)

ROFL

Well, I didn't mean for any KoTOR I characters to be a focal point or plot driving device, but for their appearance to fit in well with the storylines so that the bridge between I and II runs smoothly straight instead of going sideways, diagonally, or even vertical at times.

Never assume malice when stupidity is to blame.

I'm of two minds on the whole- KOTOR1 NPCs in TSL.

On one hand, this is probably the one thing that could ruin my gaming experience.

I'd almost prefer it if none of the original characters appeared or were mentioned-obviously this is impossible, given the what the devs have already said, the clamour from most folks on these boards, the game's place on the timeline as well as simple marketing sense- but I will certainly be approaching TSL with a great deal of trepidation on my first playthrough.

The characters at the end of KOTOR (both LS and DS) have just literally been through a war, and five years on, the galaxy still hasn't recovered from the consequences of their choices. The growth of these characters in those five years is something to be considered very carefully. Any backsliding, any cheap "offscreen" deaths, will just take me out of the game completely.

On the other, these are the guys who did Torment and Fallout, two out of the three games on my CRPG 'Holy Trinity.' (Arcanum is the other) and especially given their work with NPC growth and development in Torment, I think if anyone can handle updating the KOTOR NPCs it's Avellone & co. So, I know I don't really have any reason to be nervous, but some reason I still am.

A decent example as to why killing Bastila off at the start or "off screen" might hurt the game in some way.

****Alien 3/Aliens Spoilers****

In Alien 3,right at the start the two other main characters from Aliens were killed without ever being in the movie,and in a rather pointless and stupid(IMO)way. The whole story from Aliens was simply destoryed for very little if anything at all.

If they do in fact kill her,it should be in some way shape or form important to the story of Sith Lords and/or Revan's individual story. Killing for the sake of killing her could really hurt not only this story but how some people look at Knights as well.

Bastila can die at the Starforge. If you fail to turn her back to the light you just wax her.

"For ourselves, we shall not trouble you with specious pretences- either of how we have a right to our empire because we overthrew the Mede, or are now attacking you because of wrong that you have done us- and make a long speech which would not be believed; and in return we hope that you, instead of thinking to influence us by saying that you did not join the Lacedaemonians, although their colonists, or that you have done us no wrong, will aim at what is feasible, holding in view the real sentiments of us both; since you know as well as we do that right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must."

Bastila can die at the Starforge. If you fail to turn her back to the light you just wax her.

No one's saying she can't die in the KOTOR1. This thread is about whether she should be killed off in KOTOR2 REGARDLESS of whether or not you (the PC) let her live or die in the original.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

That's 'I'll' 'dumbass'. :o

Well then, I gues all be on my way. ^_^

;)

LOL Some people make me laugh....man I love Englilsh :p