Crash to desktop

Was on the groundbreaker talking to the engineer and the game just crashed to desktop, tried rebooting the game and didn't work so i rebooted my PC then tried again and yeah nothing happened. I'm not going to uninstall it and reinstall cos if i have to do that everytime it crashes then yeah not going to happen.

PC:

17 9700 3ghz

RTX 2080 (latest nvidia driver)

16 gb ram

M.2 3500 read 3000 write 1tb

What's the windows version and build at? (Press Windows key + R, type "winver" and it'll be the second line beneath the logo).

Are there any entries in the Event Viewer for the game at that time? To check, open Start, type in "Event Viewer" and press Yes if User Activation Control asks you to. Once the next window loads, expand the "Windows Logs" entry in the left frame, and select "Application". On the right hand side, there will be a "Filter current log" option. Click that, then check the Critical, Error, and Warning checkboxes, then press okay.  You will see entries in the middle pane - are there any which coincide with the time of the crash?

Okay! Sorry for the delay, been out and about all day (Australian time zone).

For the event log, click that Application error and check what the General tab below says... what's the faulting module and application, and the error code?

For the second, use this tutorial (any step will do, they're in order of increasing complexity) to check your filesystem and repair it if there are any problems: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/40734-drive-error-checking-windows-10-a.html#option1

Sigh... kinda makes me sad the games market these days. I shouldn't have to do any of this stuff u buy a game u expect it to work and it's not just this games thers plenty more games out ther which seemed to be plagued by the same issues. Even games like Tom Clancy Breakpoint they had gamers testing it for them to iron stuff out (well i was one of em so...)
Tbh i've decided not to continue with this I'm just going to uninstall the game and move on knowing that i won't be buying any more games from this developer, after reading the forum and seeing all the other issues people are having has kinda swung my decision and clearly this is not just a random issue.

I'd like to thank you for your time and efforts in trying to help me sort this Dorgrin and wish you a bountiful life.

All the Best
Jane

2 hours ago, Jane said:

Sigh... kinda makes me sad the games market these days. I shouldn't have to do any of this stuff u buy a game u expect it to work and it's not just this games thers plenty more games out ther which seemed to be plagued by the same issues. Even games like Tom Clancy Breakpoint they had gamers testing it for them to iron stuff out (well i was one of em so...)
Tbh i've decided not to continue with this I'm just going to uninstall the game and move on knowing that i won't be buying any more games from this developer, after reading the forum and seeing all the other issues people are having has kinda swung my decision and clearly this is not just a random issue.

I'd like to thank you for your time and efforts in trying to help me sort this Dorgrin and wish you a bountiful life.

All the Best
Jane

It's not new for his developer, they've *always* had gamebreaking bugs in their games 

11 hours ago, Jane said:

All the Best
Jane

I'm so sorry for the frustration. If it's any help, that file system error appears to be an issue with the drive, not the game per se. I still strongly recommend running a check to avoid any other issues, just in case.

But I totally understand. Thank you for the well wishes, and I wish you the best too!

I've jumped through the hoops and checked both my C drive and my D drive which i use souly for games scanning for errors but found nothing. I checked the C drive first then the D both came up with the same results.

Drive Status 1.jpg

Drive Status 2.jpg