Saves overwritten, progress gone?

I started my PC win10 version of the Epic-Storefront-activated copy of the Outer Worlds and got a "Cloud Sync Error" message followed by a prompt of a choice of loading an either/or local or cloud save. I didn't know what to press but I must have chosen "cloud", because now all my saves locally (user>saves>outerworlds>numbersalad).were overwritten at the same timestamp with saves from a previous play session, about 6 game hours and half an explored station later (I lost the last 25% of Emerald Vale and the first 25% or so of the ship-station storyline. I have combed through my C drive but the only manual saves I could find all now have a date-stamp of the identical time this evening when I picked the wrong save selection. Is there any retrieving this data or is it just gone? Also, WHAT KIND OF A STUPID **&^%ING error prompt let's you DO THAT! Ok. I'm cool now, rant off, but I have a kid so stringing together a couple late-night sessions is hard for me, won't get back to the same storyline point until next weekend, which just....sucks.

Hey, deadsanta

I'm sorry to hear about your loss of saves - that's the worst. Unfortunately, we have no control over Epic Games Store cloud saves. Your best bet would be to reach out to their support for help. You can reach them by following this link: https://epicgames.helpshift.com/a/epic-games-store-and-launcher/

We apologize again and thank you for playing!

• 1 year later...