Can't buy restricted items?

May be a bug or a feature, because skill hacking specifically has a 40% skill to buy restricted items from vendors. Nothing in game mentions whether local rep gives you vendor access benefits. I bought from vendors everywhere at around 4th level and awful spacer rep.

3 hours ago, Gristle McThorn said:

The vending machine info sheet in the menus says that some items are restricted based on your reputation with that company.

Right, but the OP say's he has " 100% positive reputation and revered status with Spacer's Choice" and yet " still can't buy restricted items such as mag-picks from Spacer's Choice vending machines". So it's not that they don't understand the reputation-restricted nature of items; it's that they have the rep and still can't buy the items.

18 hours ago, Katarack21 said:

Right, but the OP say's he has " 100% positive reputation and revered status with Spacer's Choice" and yet " still can't buy restricted items such as mag-picks from Spacer's Choice vending machines". So it's not that they don't understand the reputation-restricted nature of items; it's that they have the rep and still can't buy the items.

Yeah, I made the OP and I was replying to the person who said there was nothing in game that said there was nothing in-game mentioning the functionality I am confused about. Sorry for the confusion, I should have included the quote I was replying to. Thanks for the support though :)

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Clawdius_Talonious said:

The restricted items are restricted to characters that can hack the vending machine to give them access (by having the second tier/40 hacking ability.)

How am I misinterpreting the vending machine codex entry that states, "Restricted items on a vendor can only be purchased when you have high enough reputation with the associated faction, or a Hack skill of 40 or higher"?

22 minutes ago, Gristle McThorn said:

How am I misinterpreting the vending machine codex entry that states, "Restricted items on a vendor can only be purchased when you have high enough reputation with the associated faction, or a Hack skill of 40 or higher"?

It's an either/or IIRC, for vending machines I believe it's always hacking, for vendors I think it's always rep.